Chit Chat
Options

Your dork moment confessions

When I wear tall, killer boots to work (like today) makes me feel fierce when they make the walking noise on the tiling. So to and from the bathroom I do my best America's Next Top Model walk landing each foot on the groutline in front of me so my legs slightly cross in front of me. I love it. I hope no one turns the corner and sees me doing it.

I might also be embarassed if anyone saw me give my cat a goodbye kiss each morning and tell her out loud to have a good day.

Happy Friday :)

Re: Your dork moment confessions

• Options
    OP your boots are made for walkin'! :) My dork confession is that I'm going to the Supernatural convention in October. I might (might) be more excited for that than my wedding. I mean come on, I live with FI and will spend my life with him, but this is my one and only opportunity to meet Jensen Ackles. Swoon!

• Options
    I am incredibly excited that 1) Marshawn Lynch is back at training camp and 2) Seahawks pre-season starts in less than a week. I hope the new Seahawks garden gnome for this year is cute... I collect them and I have 5 :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Work those boots! 

My dork moments usually involve getting really excited over new office supplies. Like, when our office supply delivery comes, it's like Christmas.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

Yaay for awesome boots!

My dork moments are usually related to 1) a new book coming out in a series that I've read/ or by an author I love. I get all squea like and my FI thinks I saw a spider. 2) New seasons of TV shows that I love get added to Netflix and then I finish the season in one weekend

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @pinkcow LOVE IT ALL

• Options
    I am incredibly excited that 1) Marshawn Lynch is back at training camp and 2) Seahawks pre-season starts in less than a week. I hope the new Seahawks garden gnome for this year is cute... I collect them and I have 5 :)
    QFW

I'm a dork when my "jams" come on. I do what V calls the "Sam dance". Its pretty much dorky white girl moves ha. I've had people stare at me from their cars before. I'm all like
    I don't care

• Options
    When I learn a new crochet stitch or finish a project, I feel so accomplished!  Is that dorky?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I also kiss my cats before work and wish them a good day when I leave. Then, when I come home, I ask them how their day went. Sometimes I tell them about mine lol.

Also, sometimes when FI and I walk down the street holding hands I pretend that we are a celebrity couple strolling down the streets of NYC. I imagine there are papparazzi taking pics of us, and even gave us a nickname by combining our names.
    I do this as well, but with my dog.  And I don't think it is strange at all.  Now those that aren't people would probably think it is strange, but I know my dog would think she did something wrong if I didn't say goodbye to her, give her a kiss and tell her I love her and to be good before I left each day.

I also have dance parties with my dog in my kitchen when a commercial with a song comes on.

• Options

We have new music being played at work that's really heavy on catchy, dance-able tunes (from Bob Segar's Old Time Rock n Roll to 90's Britney Spears). I LOVE IT! I may or may not invent reasons to run into the stockroom so I can get my dance on. And sometimes I can't help myself and do a little dance on the sales floor.

Also, I'm a huge football nerd, particularly pro football. I can't wait for football season to start and have been watching old games on NFL network to get myself ready. Our wedding day is the day before football season starts so we will be spening the next day at a sports bar watching our teams (hopefully) roll to victory!

• Options

When I learn a new crochet stitch or finish a project, I feel so accomplished!  Is that dorky?

I'm the same way! Crafty women are awesome :)

I'm also a computer geek and a serious gamer. FI is as well. There are many jokes about hard drives and fingering around here, and we'll both probably take the day of when the new WoW expansion hits.
  • Options
    This happens to me once in a while. When I say something funny or try to be funny around good looking people in general, a little snort comes out when I laugh. And everyone's like "Did you just snort???" 

I also watched the whole 7 seasons of Sabrina the Teenage Witch in a month. A month!!! Am I crazy?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @raissyrais I'm a snort laugher too. I did it a lot as a kid and then got really embarrassed about it as I got older. So I trained myself to stop doing it but then along came FI. He's gotten me to laugh so hard that I'm back to snort laughing when something's really funny. But only in front of him. It finds it incredibly endearing because he knows I only do it for him.
  • Options
    @cupcait927 But you know what cupcait, that's the thing, I NEVER snort unless it's around people I find attractive, I guess I get a little nervous. But it's very very rare when it does happen lol.

Awww well good on your FI if he likes your little snort :) I understand how it can be embarrassing sometimes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I talk to my dog constantly like she's a person and can understand me. 

I love cleaning. I get such a sense of accomplishment when our house is completely cleaned from top to bottom. 

I take gym selfies. I don't post them on FB or anything. I mostly use them to track my progress. 
  • Options
    My biggest dork thing lately - making this weird little noise, mainly around FI. I don't know where it came from and I can't even describe what it sounds like, but it's a happy noise, like when cats purr. FI think it's hilarious but I would never do it outside of the house because everyone would think I was a weirdo.
  • Options
    I'm currently caravaning to drop FSIL at grad school 11 hours. Bad signals mean Pandora has failed. I am subjecting the truck to old college favorites that they have not yet been educated on: Ani DiFranco, Liz Phair, Dar Williams, Indigo Girls, etc.

I'm howling along and telling anecdotes related to songs. Full on geekery.
  • Options
    I geeked out on going to an extra training on Wednesday and subsequently being given the go-ahead by my supervisor to run a new therapeutic group with my clients now that I've had the training. Happy dance!!
    imageimage">
  • Options

Oh, lawd, I could write a book.  Case in point:

After introducing my 9 year old little brother to Star Wars for the first time, I texted my guy friend (future FI, of course!) that the youngling was enquiring about the ways of the Force and had requested to become my padawan, or something to that effect.  When he didn't think I was hopelessly pathetic, and admitted to being even worse than me, I knew we were meant to be.  ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

When I leave the house I say good bye to the cats and tell them to have a good day.  I also say hello & ask them how their day was when I come home. 

I'm sure there are a lot more but I can't think of any at the moment. 

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh, also. I have no idea how this started. I think because we started calling the dog it. But we have now been calling each other "poop". I totally slipped and did it in public while we were at dinner last night. To say the waiter gave us a look would be an understatement. 
  • Options
    I was emptying some old bins from my moms basement the other day and my fi totally found my Dr. Who Dalek piggybank. This is from a long time ago before the "new" doctor who made it popular but I always loved the show because I used to watch it with my Dad on PBS when I was little. :)
  • Options
    pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

I love cleaning. I get such a sense of accomplishment when our house is completely cleaned from top to bottom. 

I take gym selfies. I don't post them on FB or anything. I mostly use them to track my progress. 
    Can you clean my apartment? I HATE cleaning. FI gets so annoyed at me because he wants to try and clean on Sundays and I'm all "It's lazy Sunday. No cleaning can take place today." He's like it's lazy everyday for you when it comes to cleaning!

I do gym selfies, too. Also to track my progress. I have an annoying friend though, who posts them. She has someone take pics of her WHILE working out. And then posts them. I think she has Kim Kardashian syndrome.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I am a dork every moment of my life. Next weekend I'm going to Otakon, I watch professional video games with H. I'm leaning to sew so I can cosplay.

I also tell my fishies good night.

Anniversary
  • Options

That's not dorky! Follow it with a round of The Who's Yo Mama Dance. Hell, yes, accomplishment!
  • Options
    I scritch my kitty on the head every morning before I go to work and tell her, "Love you. Be good."

As though the cat listens.
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Can you clean my apartment? I HATE cleaning. FI gets so annoyed at me because he wants to try and clean on Sundays and I'm all "It's lazy Sunday. No cleaning can take place today." He's like it's lazy everyday for you when it comes to cleaning!

I do gym selfies, too. Also to track my progress. I have an annoying friend though, who posts them. She has someone take pics of her WHILE working out. And then posts them. I think she has Kim Kardashian syndrome.
    I have a friend that does that too! Every day is a new gym selfie. With duck lips. 
  • Options
    @ohannabelle My favorite show was Will & Grace and Grace used to do a "told you so" song & dance that sounds very similar to your "you were wrong" dance hahahah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards