Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Chit-Chat

13»

Re: Thursday Chit-Chat

• Options
    @swazzle I think your doctor parade is over party should be in Florida.....right?!  Okay, but really I hope your doctor parade is over by November, because that's ridiculous.  But you're allowed to have a second DPIO party in Florida when you get here!!

@Dignity100 If you need any extra guests, I might be able to get off work (or hopefully I'll have a job where I'm off weekends by then!)  I can always offer a hug or a high five during the ceremony!

@ollie08 THE MOVIE THEATER INCIDENT WAS MY HUSBAND'S FAULT!  And plusalso, I'm off on Tuesdays and Fridays...when the heck am I supposed to have G2Gs?!  <--please get me a real job with weekends off.  Apparently typing 80+ WPM accurately is NOT enough skill to be a secretary and I'm bummed that I can't even get an interview.  And apparently I fail at all my teaching interviews.  I just applied for a secretary job that requires secret clearance.  I want it bad.  Because that's cool.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

@ollie08 yes we actually do (or at least used to) have paper plants here. we also have a nuclear power plant and a really nasty smelling river (the St. Johns- some people actually swam in it a few years ago and got some sort of flesh eating disease!! EW!!!). I blame those things. Anyway, I've lived here my whole life so it's home to me- I think I have just gotten used to the smell... :/

@blue & white a g2g would be awesome! :)

@ashleybunny8 - I am also from a paper-making town! I definitely got used to the smell when I still lived there, but when I go home now I REALLY notice it. I can't ever imagine swimming in the river that goes through my town - we're the last of several paper mills located on the river, so it's REALLY nasty by the time it gets to us!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @goldenpenguin I don't know of anyone who swims (or even fishes) in the river!
  • Options
    You guys crack me up. @Blue I live in VA...lived here my whole life. We go trick or treating around the neighborhoods. Where were you living? I'm in Northern VA (Woodbridge, specifically). There are some folks that go to the mall, but I think it takes away from the experience. When he was younger, I used to take Bean to a Trunk or Treat at my BFFs church, but it got so popular and big that it's like standing in line at the best roller coaster on the busiest day of the season, to get 1 piece of candy from each car. We got over it pretty fast.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @Blue - We're getting married on a Tuesday.  Depending on how many guests I have and pay for, I might be able to sneak you into the dessert party (which would be at Epcot during Illuminations).  For the dessert party, I have to pay for 10 regardless if I have 10.  If my parents do not come I should be at 10, if they opt not to pay for my brother it would be 8.  I'm 99% sure they'll still pay for my brother 'cause they cannot do anything that would upset him.

Anniversary
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
     I'm so late to this thread, but currently waiting for a ride to come get me from work, so stranded until that happens  

@Dignity100 vent away! I would too if I were in your situation.  But you're doing the right thing by focusing on your FI's family who is supporting you. 

@Swazzle hope the house is awesome when you see it!

Went to orthopedist, definitely tore something in my foot, will find out what and how bad, next week. They put me in a soft cast for now, and I'm not allowed to walk on my foot, or drive, at all.   

House closing is finally happening; soo excited to start smashing things and ripping up the ugly carpets.  Even if I have to sit on the floor, I will be part of the "making the house pretty" project. The house is from the 1930s so I've been trying to research to make sure no one died in it (see post about irrational fears); so far no luck, but I may have found who the original owners were.   

• Options
    @bethsmiles A women in one of the mom groups I joined on FB actually asked if it was cool to take her baby trick or treating. She will be 6 months old when Halloween finally gets here. Six. Months. If she had an older kid going trick or treating, I can see getting the little one dressed up to tag along, but not to actually go to the door and get candy. THEY CAN'T EAT IT! (Although she said "I know she can only eat a little." NO.) If Bean decided to go again this year, I might put Noah in a pumpkin onesie or something and roll him around in the stroller while Elijah gets goodies, but that's it. Maybe I'm being super judgy, but the women on that board make me wonder big time. 

Another mom freaked out yesterday after finding a small box turtle in her yard and said (and I qoute), "HELP MAMAS! I found a baby turtle and I can't find it's mommy anywhere!! What do I do??" Nothing. You do nothing. Even now, I'm shaking my head back and forth and the shit.

Ok rant over!
    It's one thing to dress babies up for Halloween functions/parties, or if there are older siblings who can eat candy... but the baby cannot eat yet!  I hope someone told that woman that her baby should not be getting any type of candy. 
  • Options
    @dignity100 I'm actually off on Tuesdays and Fridays at my current job so just send word and I'll totally eat your desserts and gush about how gorgeous you are!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - Thank you! That sucks about your foot but now we are twins so yay for that? Is your boot as sexy as mine? Are they sending you for an MRI or did you already have that?

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @speakeasy14 - Thank you! That sucks about your foot but now we are twins so yay for that? Is your boot as sexy as mine? Are they sending you for an MRI or did you already have that?
    MRI is scheduled for Tuesday, so probably will be getting a sexy boot Thursday. Until then they put me in a soft cast with a super sexy shoe. 
    Foot.jpg 769.2K
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    MRI is scheduled for Tuesday, so probably will be getting a sexy boot Thursday. Until then they put me in a soft cast with a super sexy shoe. 
    HOT! Work it girl!

• Options
    @dignity100 I'm actually off on Tuesdays and Fridays at my current job so just send word and I'll totally eat your desserts and gush about how gorgeous you are!

Can I be your plus one? ;-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards