Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Clarification on Links and Screenshots

edited December 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
The "Am I asking too much" thread brought up some questions about linking to other sites and posting screen shots, and after chatting with KP, here are the rules:

1. Linking stuff from other sites for general eye rolling is okay.
2. Linking stuff from other sites that are about OP in OP's thread is not.
3. Screen shots are okay if screen names are deleted or blurred from the image.

For anyone wondering where that thread went, OP asked to have her account deleted and with it went the thread.

I hope that clears up any confusion, and if not, keep asking questions.

Re: Clarification on Links and Screenshots

• Options
    Thanks for the follow-up, Lia!
  • Options
    What about linking and/or referring to other posts on TK forums?
  • Options
    Linking for purpose of harassment is against TOS.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I just pointed a military wife planning a PPD to a thread on the military brides board. It addresses the same question she asked. Is that against TOS?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just pointed a military wife planning a PPD to a thread on the military brides board. It addresses the same question she asked. Is that against TOS?
    Nope. Helpful links and links to other discussions are fine. What is not okay is linking posts to harass or call out another user. So if I post a question about firing my bridesmaid in wedding party, you can't link my post in reception ideas where I talk about my cash bar, dollar dance, and head table that excludes SOs to point out what I nightmare bride I am.
  • Options
    Nope. Helpful links and links to other discussions are fine. What is not okay is linking posts to harass or call out another user. So if I post a question about firing my bridesmaid in wedding party, you can't link my post in reception ideas where I talk about my cash bar, dollar dance, and head table that excludes SOs to point out what I nightmare bride I am.
    Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't sure so I figured I'd better ask :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Question- if posting links to other posts an OP has made in order to call them out/antagonize them is against TOS, what about "snarky" gifs? I'm just genuinely curious- I like the gifs! But I'm wondering where the line is with this (if there is one)?
    I like the gifs too!!!!! The TOS says

"Personal attacks include, but are not limited to: starting a thread with a user’s name as the topic/title to “bash” them, linking to a thread to call out a user on their post, thoughts or beliefs (not a topic), calling a username out maliciously, starting a malicious or derogatory poll/question about a user, using images (memes, gifs, etc.) in a direct attack/vicious manner, etc."

So gifs are encouraged, so long as they do not directly attack a specific user.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification! It really helps to have clear concise rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards