Chit Chat
Options

Judgey Pants

Re: Judgey Pants

• Options
    I'm sorrynotsorry, but I LOVE my judgey pants. I do tend to keep my thoughts to myself (and FI, who has his own pair).

My brother is looking to move up north to be with his long-distance GF (they've been together for years, I love her - they met in college down here, but she went back to live with family afterwards. He misses her, it's cute). The judgey part is that bro hateshateshates the cold (making north = bad), has a great job where he was JUST promoted, and she's finishing up grad school and could basically get a job anywhere. Not to mention, because of school, they both have social groups down here and he doesn't know anyone up there. And I'll miss my bro :( FI is piiiiissed.

I know glass houses and all, and I won't say anything, but seriously. Come on.
  • Options
    One of my friends is way too gender-inclusive and tries WAY to hard to reject gender binary ideas for her baby. They named her Valkerie. Because it's "gender neutral". Valkerie? Really? You couldn't think of any more socially appropriate gender neutral name?
    Uhhhh.... do they not know that Valkyries are WOMEN?  Good on them for getting it right and actually naming their daughter that, but that's almost as far from gender neutral as they can get.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    larrygaga said:

Anyone complaining about cold or snow and it's a balmy 30 degrees out is just lolworthy to me. Not everyone grew up where I did, not everyone has gotten frostbite so many times, not everyone has seen -55. I moved south to Detroit and OMG the weather here is so warm. I hate it. 30 degrees is a day in the park. 60 degrees is a beach day and I never saw 90 degrees except on a trip to Florida until this year.

I'm a creature of negative temperatures. 
    Again, I love you.  We're having an unseasonably warm January this year, hovering between 0 and -10;  our normal temperatures are between -25 to -40.  I like it.  I only wear a jacket to work when it hits -45.  And when we're in the middle of a cold snap and people are complaining about their -10s and stuff, I roll my eyes so hard.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    My sassy shorts make my ass look better than my judgey pants do.

I'm judging my BFF so fucking hard right now. And it's so wrong, but I just can't stop. She just got married in December. I swear she got married only because she wanted to get married before she was 25 (she'll be 25 in August). He's a nice guy and all, I just don't get their relationship. They argue all the fucking time. They really don't seem to like each other. But she's like "No, getting married is great, I'm so glad I got married". I just think they rushed into everything. They got engaged after 3 months. Neither has really lived on their own. 

I'm also judging that they're talking about moving back in with her mom. They both work, but they took easy low paying jobs. I swear I don't think either of them works more then 32 hours a week. And they just bought him a new car. So now they need to move back in with her mom to save money. Her mom is not thrilled but is going along with it.

I'm just like...grow the fuck up. I love you. But seriously. It's time to grow up.
  • Options
    I find it hilarious that someone might judge the term "judgypants."

DH and I call each other names all the time: Judgy McJudgalot, the McJudgersons, and because he likes to grope me (out of love, of course) I call him Gropey McGropealot or Grabby McGrabberson. 

Take the theme and run with it. Your husband burbs a lot? Burpy McBurperson. 

But anyway, I judge the living shit out of baby names. 
    Judgement over method of meeting and length of courtship is entirely based on how much I like the person in question. My friend married a guy within four months and nobody liked him, so hell yeah we judged behind her back. Out of concern! But someone else gets engaged in a month and the SO is awesome? No judgement, just happiness. 

• Options
    Now I am not sure. Is being a Judgey Pants a good thing, or a bad thing?
  • Options
    danamwdanamw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015

LOL you 2 are so cute!

Judgey rhymes with pudgy. And budgie. And fudgey.

• Options

Yes :) lets have a judgey pants bonfire complete with marshmallows!

Not wedding related, but

Our new neighbors just moved in! They are lovely, sweet people and even invited us to their housewarming party on Saturday. Now, note, we are townhomes and very close together, share walls. On Friday night I get home from a terrible day at work (and no sleep the night before, sick puppy) and there are cars parked in front of my driveway (and everywhere up the street). Slightly annoyed but ring the doorbell and ask for so and so to please move their car so I can get into my house. I surprisingly didn't hear any party noise through our walls during the evening. Off to sleep because I'm exhausted and moody.

Then, I was woken up around 5 am by a large group of them standing in their driveway conversing loudly (practically under our bedroom window, because so close together). This was an all night party! Ahhhh! Loud noises outside at 5 am when I was a tired grumpy goose! I'm not in college anymore, I want to get away from these shenanigans! *trying not to be judgey though, because they are great people and I now know this all night party is a norm in their culture* Party on Saturday for lunch still happens and theres a bounce house and tonnnsss of people and food. Awesome! Also decorated to the nines and I'm like I still have boxes in my kitchen whaaat? How did you unpack so fast. Also don't know how you're still up after 24 hours still haha. Judging you because I am tired and still don't have boxes unpacked and you do.. Somehow.. That's what everyone must have been doing Friday night, right?

DH will bring ALL my judgey pants to the bonfire.

What culture
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    danamw said:

LOL you 2 are so cute!

Are you calling me fat?
  • Options
    danamw said:

LOL you 2 are so cute!

Oh god, not again. 

• Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    My judgey pants are black yoga pants. Judge away. I also have my side eye glasses on.

My friend is getting married a month after my FI and me. Last night she proclaimed "I didn't put Y on the envelope because I don't like her. She's rude and disrespectful." Y is the long time gf of a mutual friend of ours. 5 years long term. We are both inviting this same mutual friend and on my envelope, I put her name. "You can invite her if you want to.(to your wedding) I'm not. He can decide if he wants to bring her or not." I asked her how she would like being left off the envelope and she stated "He (fiance) could go if he wanted. It wouldn't be in his best interest though to go without me." 

Rawr. And all over because the mutual friend's girlfriend doesn't want to be friends with her/us. She's kind of cold and standoffish, but I think that's just her. She's not into small talk and they live 1k+ miles from us, so it's not like we see her all the time. I judged that. Hard. (I think I should though.)

ETA: My has nothing to do with me judgey judge:

A family member of mine has picked up and moved 1200mi from his home to be with a woman. Said woman has a 16yr old daughter. Family member has now purchased a horse, a car, a cell phone, new TV and other misc items for family. HE HASN'T WORKED IN 10 YEARS. And his recent stint at attempting to work, he lasted 5 weeks because he was working 14hr days and couldn't stand to be away from his family for that long during the day. 

Boo fucking hoo. They're also that same side sitting couple at a restaurant. EW.

• Options
    @larrygaga‌ With all the most love, I'm not going to say unless you're dyiinnggg to know because what culture they are doesn't have any bearing on the story, truthfully. They told us they celebrate someone buying a new home with 2 days of celebration with friends and family and I didn't ask questions. What do I know?

Although when you're whiney about something, and find out that is something done through tradition, it makes you feel bad for feeling whiney and judgey!

image   image   image

• Options
    @larrygaga‌ With all the most love, I'm not going to say unless you're dyiinnggg to know because what culture they are doesn't have any bearing on the story, truthfully. They told us they celebrate someone buying a new home with 2 days of celebration with friends and family and I didn't ask questions. What do I know? Although when you're whiney about something, and find out that is something done through tradition, it makes you feel bad for feeling whiney and judgey!
    Then why mention it to begin with?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Because as I mentioned, it makes you feel bad when you are whiney and judgey about something and discover it is tradition. I thought that was relatable to the thread.
    beethery said:

@larrygaga‌ With all the most love, I'm not going to say unless you're dyiinnggg to know because what culture they are doesn't have any bearing on the story, truthfully. They told us they celebrate someone buying a new home with 2 days of celebration with friends and family and I didn't ask questions. What do I know?

Although when you're whiney about something, and find out that is something done through tradition, it makes you feel bad for feeling whiney and judgey!

image   image   image

• Options
    Because as I mentioned, it makes you feel bad when you are whiney and judgey about something and discover it is tradition. I thought that was relatable to the thread.
    @larrygaga‌ With all the most love, I'm not going to say unless you're dyiinnggg to know because what culture they are doesn't have any bearing on the story, truthfully. They told us they celebrate someone buying a new home with 2 days of celebration with friends and family and I didn't ask questions. What do I know? Although when you're whiney about something, and find out that is something done through tradition, it makes you feel bad for feeling whiney and judgey!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

We will probably have been together for 10+ years before we get married (coming up on 9 and still no ring), so pretty much all of that seems fast haha. I judge everyone, and on alot of things. Most of it stays in my head though :)

One of my friends' friends, they are ~22 or 23, have been dating for 4 months and are getting married in March. My friend hadn't even met the guy before she was asked to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, which she felt was a bit fast.

• Options

We will probably have been together for 10+ years before we get married (coming up on 9 and still no ring), so pretty much all of that seems fast haha. I judge everyone, and on alot of things. Most of it stays in my head though :)

One of my friends' friends, they are ~22 or 23, have been dating for 4 months and are getting married in March. My friend hadn't even met the guy before she was asked to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, which she felt was a bit fast.

One of my bridesmaids has never met my FI, and we've been together 3 years. However we live in BC, Canada and she lives in Boston, so it kinda makes sense....
  • Options
    Yeah, haha. She lives in Alberta, but the friend is back in Florida, however she visited twice since they'd been dating, but she was never introduced. She was just surprised at how serious they became I guess.
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I'm a regular american born white girl with the same "culture" as you, most likely, and my family always helps me move in, unpack and we celebrate. It could be that your neighbors have an awesome family, like mine, who are helpful, supportive and loving.

Your posts only helps propagate the stereotype that everyone in texas is a racist. Must just be a texas cultural thing, eh?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    I'm a regular american born white girl with the same "culture" as you, most likely, and my family always helps me move in, unpack and we celebrate. It could be that your neighbors have an awesome family, like mine, who are helpful, supportive and loving.

Your posts only helps propagate the stereotype that everyone in texas is a racist. Must just be a texas cultural thing, eh?

My family will help me move but they won't help me unpack.

Can I borrow your family?
  • Options
    When I move (and it's been a lot of times),  I'm 90% unpacked, with things hanging on the wall by the end of the first weekend I'm there.  If I move it in the beginning of the week it's even sooner.   I do not mess around with boxes.   I can't stand them.  The only things not unpacked are normally seasonal things like Christmas decorations.  Those boxes are nicely stacked in a closet or garage easily accessible when the time is needed.

My mom, who has moved some 20+ times included 4 international moves,   told me once "the thought of unpacking is way worse then actually unpacking".   I find that to be true.  The longer you put it off the harder the task becomes.   Once you actually do the task you will find it didn't take nearly as much time as you think it was going to take.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    When I move (and it's been a lot of times),  I'm 90% unpacked, with things hanging on the wall by the end of the first weekend I'm there.  If I move it in the beginning of the week it's even sooner.   I do not mess around with boxes.   I can't stand them.  The only things not unpacked are normally seasonal things like Christmas decorations.  Those boxes are nicely stacked in a closet or garage easily accessible when the time is needed.

My mom, who has moved some 20+ times included 4 international moves,   told me once "the thought of unpacking is way worse then actually unpacking".   I find that to be true.  The longer you put it off the harder the task becomes.   Once you actually do the task you will find it didn't take nearly as much time as you think it was going to take.
    Every time I think about how much I hate unpacking, I think about that scene in Hot Fuzz where Simon Pegg asks Nick Frost when he moved in, since there are unpacked boxes everywhere, and he says, "Five years ago." That could very easily be me. It has been me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards