Snarky Brides
Options

Who Are These People?! Update in thread--apparently some MOH is REFUSING to wear cowgirl boots

2»

Re: Who Are These People?! Update in thread--apparently some MOH is REFUSING to wear cowgirl boots

• Options
    I feel very certain my bridal party wore shoes. That's all I can tell you about the shoes they wore. If I go look at the pics I can tell you more.

Wait I remember! One wore some purple velvet wedges. They were awesome. The other 5 people I have no idea.
  • Options
    Properly fuck the people telling her to kick her out of the bridal party.

• Options
    What the what.
  • Options
    I wouldn't wear fugly ass cowboy boots either. Solidarity MOH.

Anniversary
  • Options
    levioosa said:

I got really turned off when she started harping on the BMs religion.  Um, yeah, of course you weren't allowed into the BMs ceremony at the Temple.  It's a private event per their religion.  And duh, of course a Mormon reception didn't have any alcohol.  Get over it.  

You can't go in the temple unless you are living up to everything and have permission to go in.  And, yeah, Mormons are against alcohol, caffeine, or anything else that they deem is bad for your body/can be abused.  This is coming from being raised in the LDS religion, BTW.
  • Options
    MGP said:

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/need-adviceinput-on-destination-budget-wedding/459da2dc469f5c97.html

Here's another one. Best response: "So you basically just want the party without the responsibility of hosting?"

I have no words. How do these people make it through each day?

So, they have the money to go to some destination/vacation and buy a house and shit, but not enough to just stay at home and celebrate with guests with cake and punch.  I will never understand people's "logic" that friends and family love and care so much that they are just so willing to spend their money to view them get married (without even chairs to sit down on or anything), yet the couple doesn't have give two shits about their comfort or feelings.
  • Options
    I kinda hope she does it, and then realizes how delusional she's being when no one comes.

"Yay, I want to go in your suitcase!!" a year in advance doesn't mean shit when it's time to spend thousands on flights and a hotel to go to a wedding you weren't invited to.

Anniversary

• Options
    MGPMGP member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

I kinda hope she does it, and then realizes how delusional she's being when no one comes.

"Yay, I want to go in your suitcase!!" a year in advance doesn't mean shit when it's time to spend thousands on flights and a hotel to go to a wedding you weren't invited to.

Her argument of "well we aren't sending invitations just telling people about it therefore we aren't technically inviting people" as her defense for not properly hosting made me want to punch my screen.

The people who said "I would totally show up at my someone's wedding without an invitation and wouldn't even care if I wasn't hosted at all" are insane too.  If you weren't invited - THERE IS A REASON.  Who inserts themselves into other people's elopements?  Seriously crazypants.

People must really live on Planet Delusion if they think people love them enough to travel to a wedding and be OK with receiving no hospitality in return.  There is literally no one on this earth I would do this for.  Not a sibling, not a best friend.  Am I the minority in this?  I hope not.

Just so much NO in that thread.
  • Options

1) Most cowboy boots I've seen are expensive, especially considering I will never wear them again.

2) I have heavy calves. I doubt I'd be able to wear most boots, as they don't have laces or elastic panels.

3) Fuck that bride.
    Can we talk about heavy calves and calf high boots????

Lol I have them too, from many years of dancing. One year our costume designer thought it would be ADORABLE to put the troupe in cowboy boots for a musical, and half of us couldn't get the fuckers on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:

1) Most cowboy boots I've seen are expensive, especially considering I will never wear them again.

2) I have heavy calves. I doubt I'd be able to wear most boots, as they don't have laces or elastic panels.

3) Fuck that bride.
    Can we talk about heavy calves and calf high boots????

Lol I have them too, from many years of dancing. One year our costume designer thought it would be ADORABLE to put the troupe in cowboy boots for a musical, and half of us couldn't get the fuckers on.

Yup. I have "softball legs". Plus, I've always been heavier on the bottom. 

I really wish I could wear skirts with boots in the fall, but if the boots don't lace or don't have panels, they aren't going on. I get so jealous of those girls who can not only wear pull-on boots but also tuck their jeans into them.

Being able to wear rain boots would be nice too.
  • Options
    Forget the whole "I'm forcing making my BMs wear XYZ, it's my day blahblahblah" But IMHO, wearing cowboy boots is the equivalent of asking me to wear steel toes. Boots serve a work function, do they not? Isn't that why they are so expensive? to be worn for work??

Just my opinion. If I were MOH, I would tell the bride where to put her boots.
  • Options

Forget the whole "I'm forcing making my BMs wear XYZ, it's my day blahblahblah" But IMHO, wearing cowboy boots is the equivalent of asking me to wear steel toes. Boots serve a work function, do they not? Isn't that why they are so expensive? to be worn for work??

Just my opinion. If I were MOH, I would tell the bride where to put her boots.

I haven't been an equestrian in several years, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but heeled boots like cowboy boots are supposed to help your foot stay in the stirrup. Cowboy boots are so expensive because in theory they're supposed to last a million years, through hundreds of cattle drives and mud and shit . . . like, literally, cow shit. Doesn't that image just conjure "wedding" in your mind? 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    My boots (which, yes, were very expensive) said on the tag when I bought them that they even withstand urine!  Yay!

But um yeah, I'm probably wearing them at my wedding.  I love them, they're comfy, and my wedding is in a barn.  We live in the country, but no cows nearby.  The venue does have photobombing horses though.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I should also say that I am not requiring anybody else to wear boots :)
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I finally read the original thread on WW. I can't believe how many people are telling her to kick her sister out of the wedding party if she refuses to "suck it up" and wear the boots.  It's like WW is a magnet for the "It's MY day! If anyone doesn't like it, they can suck it!" crowd...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Holy shit. If I cared enough to troll I would make a WW account just to click "Flag as Inappropriate" on 90% of those responses to the cowboy boot thread lol.

I see so many WW wtf posts on here, you couldnt pay me enough to join that forum.
  • Options
    doeydo said:

levioosa said:

I got really turned off when she started harping on the BMs religion.  Um, yeah, of course you weren't allowed into the BMs ceremony at the Temple.  It's a private event per their religion.  And duh, of course a Mormon reception didn't have any alcohol.  Get over it.  

You can't go in the temple unless you are living up to everything and have permission to go in.  And, yeah, Mormons are against alcohol, caffeine, or anything else that they deem is bad for your body/can be abused.  This is coming from being raised in the LDS religion, BTW.
    ....I know, that's why I said that.  A large portion of my family is Mormon.  I'm not snarking on Mormons at all.  I was snarking on that bride who was bitching about things outside of the BM's control/about her personal faith.

• Options
    Sometimes I wonder if these are real people or just teenagers fucking around on the internet. When I was like 13, I used to go to to AOL chat rooms and just say ridiculous things to mess with people. 

Either that's what's going on here, or these are the type of princess brides who think that a wedding is the end all be all of a successful life. Like it's some kind of accomplishment or something and needs to be picture perfect. Woof to all those people.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    levioosa said:

doeydo said:

levioosa said:

....I know, that's why I said that.  A large portion of my family is Mormon.  I'm not snarking on Mormons at all.  I was snarking on that bride who was bitching about things outside of the BM's control/about her personal faith.
    I didn't mean to lecture you, I guess I was just trying to say it in general.  But yeah, bride is crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards