Chit Chat
Options

PreWedding Race

123457»

Re: PreWedding Race

• Options

auoneal said:

If you ask me, no explanation was necessary.  You started with 'we are doing this' and apparently no one listens.  I THINK THIS IS AWESOME!!  Maybe something like 'Running to our Future' or something that would include you two as a couple and the bridal party could be 'Running for Team Bride/ Team Groom.'  Idk if that is too cutesy but something that included everyone doing it with you would be a nice nod that they are backing you up, even in the mud.  Again, I THINK THIS IS SUCH A COOL IDEA!  Have a blast!

ATTN EVERYONE. I am going to jump off the roof. First things first, I AM DOING THIS. What thread count sheets would make the best parachute? My WP is doing this with me because they love me.

STUCK

Yer sew younik! LUV  tis ideea! U dew u, hunny! Skrew thees ppl!!!! Thei dun't no u! 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Why do people troll this forum? If you're into that thing, I can see trolling reddit or something hugely popular and varied like that. But theknot? 

It's just real sad.

Anyway, there is no such thing as too much time to get ready. We started getting ready at 8 and I had one person doing hair and makeup. We barely got done in time and didn't get to my MIL. Plus I don't want to be rushed and I want to enjoy time with my family and bridesmaids. 

I'm curious, do these people that you demand join you in this mud run even race? I find it highly improbable that every one of your bridal party enjoys running and is fit enough for a race, let alone an obstacle one where they'll get filthy. 
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Let me start this by saying, we are doing this. My fiance and I are avid mud run enthusiasts and we discovered there is a college spartan race (only like 2 miles, 15 obstacles), on our wedding day in the morning. We have decided to do this race and I have no idea what our team name should be. I was thinking something wedding themed. My entire bridal party has told me that they will do it with me, love them so much.

Ok, great.

This is crazy. It's your wedding day. Skip the mud race and just enjoy getting married.

ETA: If I was one of your guests, no I would *not* understand at all why you are wasting my time by showing up late to your own wedding because you wanted to do an obstacle run. . Which I think are ridiculous events that people do just to posture and gloat over their e-peens.

You want to feed your insane running addiction, do it on your own time. Don't waste other people's time.

And cut me a fucking break with the lame reporting of posts and the TOS edits. Really?

We're fucking adults here and this isn't TB. I find it hard to believe someone can handle these crazy ass obstacle runs, but gets so butthurt when people say her idea is insane or crazy. Which it is.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

redoryx said:

chibiyui said:

Logistically this race starts way too late for you to have enough time to get ready for your wedding. 

If this started at like, 7 a.m. I'd say it was a bit close but you do you.

But 9:30? Girl, unless you and your H and your wedding party are the first to every obstacle, you guys aren't getting out of there till 11 or later. 

Keep in mind other posters (including myself) have posted that we started hair at 8 a.m for 3-5 o'clock weddings. Unless you and everyone else in the party is doing wash and blow dry and done, there is no way you're going to get ready in time.
    **boxes boxes**

Not only that, but chances are the wedding party all run at different paces and have different levels of athleticism. When estimating time to finish you have to go by the time of the slowest person in your group, not the fastest. 
    But they LOVE HER so they'll run FAST. Duh.
    I dont love any single person enough to participate in one if these death marches.

Running sucks enough as it is, I don't care to add obstacles, stagnant water, and the risk of tetanus and MRSA into a run; I've known several ppl to get nasty ass infections from getting cut on obstacles during these races.

If I wanted to experience that level of hell I would have enlisted and gone through boot camp.

I'll stick to the elliptical and other forms if cardio.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    WTF is going on in this thread?  Why are there edits for TOS?  No one violated TOS.  

Grow up, OP.  Your idea sucks.  If you can't handle honest opinions, go over to Wedding Wire.  They'll be sure to blow sunshine and rainbows up your ass.  CUZ IT'S YOUR SPESHUL DAY!!!!11!!!

• Options
    levioosa said:

WTF is going on in this thread?  Why are there edits for TOS?  No one violated TOS.  

Grow up, OP.  Your idea sucks.  If you can't handle honest opinions, go over to Wedding Wire.  They'll be sure to blow sunshine and rainbows up your ass.  CUZ IT'S YOUR SPESHUL DAY!!!!11!!!
    I was wondering the same thing.  There is also a KnottieNumbers on the page before that shows as banned and she had two posts, none of which violated TOS that I can see.  UO?  Yes.  Ban worthy?  No.
  • Options
    I got a TOS violation for saying I thought the OP was insane for wanting to do this. I would have been allowed to say I think the idea is insane, but calling the person insane was against TOS. Ummm, ok. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:

levioosa said:

I was wondering the same thing.  There is also a KnottieNumbers on the page before that shows as banned and she had two posts, none of which violated TOS that I can see.  UO?  Yes.  Ban worthy?  No.
    I'm pretty sure it's because she was the OP who created an AE to support her own terrible idea.  

@AddieCake, that is so stupid. I am rolling my eyes so hard right now.  

• Options
    AddieCake said:

I got a TOS violation for saying I thought the OP was insane for wanting to do this. I would have been allowed to say I think the idea is insane, but calling the person insane was against TOS. Ummm, ok. 

That's ridiculous, @AddieCake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Can you say that she was ACTING insane?
  • Options
    Several posts were reported. Including a post by the mod. KnotRiley got involved and I issued warnings based on those discussions. Sometimes it sucks being a mod because you want to overlook things because you agree with them. However, when posts are reported, we must address them in an unbiased fashion. we can't be biased by our own opinions.

• Options

I feel so bad that people here are so narrow minded about this. You've said that you're going to do this and sincerely hope that a bunch of random strangers on the internet haven't made you second guess yourself. 

As for team names:
    Better put some Dirt on it
    Sole Mates

Anniversary
  • Options

I feel so bad that people here are so narrow minded about this. You've said that you're going to do this and sincerely hope that a bunch of random strangers on the internet haven't made you second guess yourself. 

As for team names:
    Sole Mates

Narrow-minded?  Look, if someone has had a wedding and tells a bride-to-be that they should probably rethink some big, exhausting, athletic competition the day of the wedding, that bride-to-be should probably listen. It's not being narrow-minded to try to warn someone that they probably don't realize they are biting off more than they can chew. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

AddieCake said:

That's ridiculous, @AddieCake.
    Seconded. What a dumb thing to be warned over.

Pretend this is an eyeroll gif.
  • Options
    levioosa said:

levioosa said:

I'm pretty sure it's because she was the OP who created an AE to support her own terrible idea.

If that's the case, then why wouldn't the OP have been banned?  Isn't it an IP ban?
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:

levioosa said:

levioosa said:

If that's the case, then why wouldn't the OP have been banned?  Isn't it an IP ban?

No. If you're caught with an alter ego, only the AE gets banned. Your OG account stays intact until/unless you receive enough warnings to get banned. All bannings are not IP bans.

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

JoanE2012 said:

levioosa said:

levioosa said:

No. If you're caught with an alter ego, only the AE gets banned. Your OG account stays intact until/unless you receive enough warnings to get banned. All bannings are not IP bans.

Thanks for clarifying lolo.

ETA - I still find it strange though.  Knottie Numbers created her account over a week before the OPs post.  It wasn't like it was created after the post in direct response to it.  Creating an AE in advance in case you need it?  Makes no sense.

So I still wonder.....was the IP confirmed to be the same or was the ban in response to someone above speculating that the OP created an AE to respond to her own post?
  • Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    JoanE2012 said:

Thanks for clarifying lolo.

ETA - I still find it strange though.  Knottie Numbers created her account over a week before the OPs post.  It wasn't like it was created after the post in direct response to it.  Creating an AE in advance in case you need it?  Makes no sense.

So I still wonder.....was the IP confirmed to be the same or was the ban in response to someone above speculating that the OP created an AE to respond to her own post?
    When bullshit like this crops up, the user's information gets looked into by the admin. Typically, the user doesn't have the foresight to use different email addresses to create the accounts. Sometimes they do, and the IPs are the same. The admin will then make the call about banning AEs.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    @JoanE2012  AEs   are confirmed by KnotRiley  or Knot  Holly.  That decision isn't left to the discretion of mods.

• Options

As for team names:
    Sole Mates

You do realize that in addition to being the bolded, we are also friends, family, bosses, brides, grooms, wedding party members, and WEDDING GUESTS, correct?  we are not vaporous entities that do not exist in real life just b/c you don't care for our advice or the direct way that it's delivered.  

It never ceases to amaze me that trying to reduce the people who have read the OP, taken the time to give constructive feedback, and are actually human beings to "random internet strangers" in order to validate a bad idea is actually a thing.  Such one dimensional thinking.  
  • Options

The point of the entire post was getting a team name. Everyone else has made their arguments and posted their thoughts, gifs and some very good points that hadn't been considered. I have appreciated the good points and a few of the gifs. The only purpose of this post, has been to get a team name. It's not trolling, it's trying to get people back to the actual purpose of the post. I understand your points and they will be taken into advisement and discussed when I talk to the bridal party about this race again. We haven't registered for the race yet and we may not all end up doing the race. Now please, team names for the race? 

Well everyone has covered basically what I was thinking. Personally I wouldn't do this because although I love running in the mud (hello cross country runner) I'm clumsy as fuck and would most likely injure myself. I'd rather avoid that on such a big day.

Anyway, my point would be if you're going to follow through with this why not ask the people on your team? I'm sure they'd prefer a name they come up with. More inclusive and whatever. I always believe it's better for team morale, no matter when I'm participating in an event.

That is all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards