Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bringing my own foundation

The people doing my make up just did my make up for my cousin's wedding and I loved all of it but the foundation she picked for my skin tone.  In my opinion when she first did it I thought it was to yellow and made her change it.  Would it be to forward of me when i go for my engagement pictures to bring my own foundation for her to use?  I was thinking of going to Bobbi Brown or Nars and havign them match me.

Re: Bringing my own foundation

• Options
    I came out of Nordstrom looking like an oompa loompa once. I was shopping with FMIL, and neither of us noticed until we left Nordstrom and got out into the mall's hallway lighting. We headed over to Sephora where they re-did it and sent me outside with a hand-mirror to check how I liked it in different indoor and outdoor lighting. Once we figured out which shade I actually needed, I exchanged the foundation at Nordstrom. Basically, pros are people too, and as much expertise as they have, they probably haven't worked with your skin before, and they just do their best with the lighting they have.

So my advice:
    Go to more than one pro to get shade-matched.
    Try multiple kinds of makeup.
    Try all of these makeups in different lighting, especially natural light.
    Take a flash selfie to test for flashback.
    Look for a mask effect at your jaw.
    Definitely tell/show your makeup artist which shade you wear.
    Ask your makeup artist ahead of time which type of foundation they work with so you can test that kind when you go makeup shopping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I brought in all my own makeup because we discovered after my trail that I was allergic to the brand she had. So I had to bring in my own makeup.
  • Options
    I'm bringing my own foundation at least as I'm too pale for nearly every line. I use mostly Snow Lynx by Meow as my foundation, it's 9 1/2 parts of the 10 parts. It photographs well from trials so I'm going with it.
  • Options
    Thank you all.  My photos were yesterday and I brought the makeup artist my foundation which I went with Naked by Urban Decay.  It was light and not caky either...I cant wait to see the photos!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards