Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Best time to visit St. Croix

Has anyone ever been?

I am wondering what the weather is like around May-June and September-ish. I know that hurricane season typically is from June 1st-Nov 1st, but it seems that many people travel to the USVI during these times and have a great experience and the weather isn't a problem.

I have researched through Google and some websites say that the best time is May-Sept, but a travel agent told me that the fall is usually pretty iffy weather-wise, even though it is the cheapest time of year.

Just looking for some experience! Thanks!

Re: Best time to visit St. Croix

• Options
    I  lived in the USVI (but not St Croix).     I would exclude late-Aug until Mid-Oct.  Weather is iffy.  It's the slowest time of year and a lot of restaurants and activities shut down for a week or more during that time. I know some that shut down for months.   

Sure it's cheap and the weather is not that bad. Although not impossible, but it was kind-of rare to had a complete wash of a day, let alone 2 or more in a row.  More like we would get passing showers.  Enough to be annoying, but not horrible.

I like November through Dec.   Skip xmas/new years. Weather is fine.  Just too many damn people and expensive.    After the new year until mid-to-late Aug is nice.  I prefer May and early June.  Rates tend to drop after April 15th or so. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Thank you so much!

My FI has been toying with the idea of getting married next fall, but we want to go on our HM right after the wedding, so I was skeptical of the timing. We both think that we would need more time to save $ anyways and think that spring 2017 makes more sense.

Perfect! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards