Snarky Brides
Options

The girl who thinks everyone is copying her wedding

2»

Re: The girl who thinks everyone is copying her wedding

• Options
    Just popped in to say, this made my night.

I feel I should also announce that I am not wearing heels and am, in fact, wearing sneakers and I will track anyone down who copies me. And if I catch any of you announcing that your cake will be red velvet there will be hell to pay. HELL I SAY.
  • Options
    peachy, you should ask her for a list of all her vendors and start asking really detailed questions about her planning. She would have a total meltdown and it would be hilarious.

Imagine once this girl gets pregnant...is she going to accuse any subsequent pregnancies of family and friends "copying"? What if they also have a girl? Hang onto your hats!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    adk19 said:
    So who am I copying by having cheesecake?
    Who am I copying by having a tiered Tower O' Cheese?

Cheese tower?  Do explain! 

Yes, do.
    Saw it on Pinterest.  A large bottom tier of something like a cheddar round, a smaller bleu cheese round, and top round of brie; decorated with grapes.  Now, if any of you copy me and my Pinterest find, I'll cut you!

I don't want that for my wedding, I want that for my Saturday night! Bring on a case of wine for that. ETA: my 12 year old self just thought enough about this and how you would be "cutting the cheese".
    Yes, I also want this for my Saturday night.  I haven't yet gotten the okay to do it, but I think it's lovely as a wedding cake.  I'm also hoping if we do it right, we'll have lots of leftovers and basically every weekend evening for a month will include gobs of cheese.
    Oh, my 12 year old self also went there.  But it looks so delicious that I don't care.
  • Options
    Uhhh @frenchiekin I just creeped on your profile because I thought I saw you on the October 2015 board, but your wedding is 10/3/15 right? Are we the same person... Same wedding date, same dress color, both have trains... 
    Well now you're just stalking me AND stealing my wedding.

• Options
    This is too funny!!

Honestly? My friend got married 7 months after me. We both had: a) black, mismatched bridesmaid dresses b) black and white linen and votive candles on the tables c) chocolate candy favors d) side up-dos and e) gave clutch purses as BM gifts. Guess what? We had totally different weddings. Different venues, different guests, different playlists for dancing, different bridal gowns, and oh yeah different grooms. That's important. 

Clearly the fact that we have so much of the same tastes is why we're such great friends! 

• Options
    OMG I'm having lanterns too.  My MOH already has them so they're free.  I must be copying her.  

I copied my cousin's card box... because after the wedding she was like "Do you want my card box so you don't have to buy one?" And I was like "Yes." COPYCAT
    So much this! I totally copied my friend's card box by borrowing it from them!

I would also love it if someone used my candlesticks in their wedding. I paid a decent amount for those babies and there's no way I'm going to use them all in my house. If someone borrows them then I can feel less bad about how much they cost and someone gets free decor. Win, win!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    class="Quote" rel="southernbelle0915">peachy, you should ask her for a list of all her vendors and start asking really detailed questions about her planning. She would have a total meltdown and it would be hilarious.

Imagine once this girl gets pregnant...is she going to accuse any subsequent pregnancies of family and friends "copying"? What if they also have a girl? Hang onto your hats!

This girl getting pregnant would be a God send I'd bet. She'd be so busy with that new stage of life her friends could finally copy her wedding in peace.
  • Options
    I have no idea what TK is doing to me on mobile today.
  • Options
    My sister and my cousin both used my wedding venue. Guess it's time to go yell at them. Also, my sister used the same candelabra and arch as we did because our mom rented it from the same place. Well she's going to be getting an angry call in a few minutes!!!
  • Options

My sister and my cousin both used my wedding venue. Guess it's time to go yell at them. Also, my sister used the same candelabra and arch as we did because our mom rented it from the same place. Well she's going to be getting an angry call in a few minutes!!!
    I've already told my sister she can go through all my stuff and take what she wants for her wedding in the next year or so.  I will be the second wedding at my venue...so does that mean all the following ones who use lanterns, ivory gowns with trains, and paper lanterns are copying ME???  Haha too cool.
  • Options

Yep, totally stealing my sisters' arch too. It's just sitting in a basement. Mom is trying to give me all sis' decorations. I really wish I could use them, but they do not go with anything at the venue.

• Options
    One of my friends/BM seems to be almost annoyed I'm NOT copying her!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hellohkb said:

I have that problem as well! While I'm usually happy to listen to good suggestions if I ask for them, I kind of hate the unsolicited advice demands of "you HAVE to go through this florist it's the one I used and they were awesome and so worth the money!" "OMG whatever you do, go to the nail salon that I used for my wedding and make sure you get bridal rose garden for your manicure!!!"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    peachy13 said:
    hellohkb said:

I have that problem as well! While I'm usually happy to listen to good suggestions if I ask for them, I kind of hate the unsolicited advice demands of "you HAVE to go through this florist it's the one I used and they were awesome and so worth the money!" "OMG whatever you do, go to the nail salon that I used for my wedding and make sure you get bridal rose garden for your manicure!!!"
    My MOH was like that with the photographer she used.  She kept pushing and pushing.  I sort of ignored it because I knew he'd be out of our price range (his pictures are friggen amazing).  She kept bugging me though so I emailed him, and his pricing STARTS at $4,000.  That was double our max budget.  Finally I told her I could either hire him and not feed the guests, or I could hire someone cheaper and have dinner at the wedding.  That got her to stop.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the same church and reception venue as my sister. Also using the same band. Our guest list is 75% the same (both our SOs have small families). Neither of us GAF. Some people are cray.
  • Options
    luckystrawluckystraw member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2015
    To drunkenwitch; Challenge ACCEPTED
  • Options

@randomslove obviously someone with amazing taste! Good choice!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    adk19 said:
    Who am I copying by having a tiered Tower O' Cheese?

Cheese tower?  Do explain! 

Yes, do.
    Saw it on Pinterest.  A large bottom tier of something like a cheddar round, a smaller bleu cheese round, and top round of brie; decorated with grapes.  Now, if any of you copy me and my Pinterest find, I'll cut you!

I don't want that for my wedding, I want that for my Saturday night! Bring on a case of wine for that. ETA: my 12 year old self just thought enough about this and how you would be "cutting the cheese".
    Yes, I also want this for my Saturday night.  I haven't yet gotten the okay to do it, but I think it's lovely as a wedding cake.  I'm also hoping if we do it right, we'll have lots of leftovers and basically every weekend evening for a month will include gobs of cheese.
    Oh, my 12 year old self also went there.  But it looks so delicious that I don't care.
    Oh my God, I have never seen this before! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese, I totally would have had this at my wedding if I knew about it! I'm actually getting really upset. I think this qualifies me for a do-over.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

Just popped in to say, this made my night.

I feel I should also announce that I am not wearing heels and am, in fact, wearing sneakers and I will track anyone down who copies me. And if I catch any of you announcing that your cake will be red velvet there will be hell to pay. HELL I SAY.
    You'll be paying the HELL, because ain't no way would I have a wedding without red velvet cake. ;-)
  • Options
    Oh good lord. I dare your friend to come up with ONE unique wedding idea that she did, that no one else has ever done. I am so damn sick of SS's thinking they are soooo clever and unique because they used peonies. Or had pie instead of cake. (Not knocking either, but they're just not that unique).

My sister got married 7 weeks after me, and there were elements that she straight-up copied from me - like, she told me she was going to steal my ideas. Who the fuck cares? Only about 15 of our guests (family members) attended both weddings, and no one is judging the bride's uniqueness at either. 

We used the exact same seating chart layout and frame, same calligraphy style on the invitations, we both had coloring books with illustrations of us with our grooms with the exact same layout - I even formatted her for her, since I already had my template... I made her a "welcome" sign that was nearly identical to mine. We used the same song for the father/daughter dance (which I actually stole from her). Hell, my sister sent an email out to bridesmaids outlining some of the details for the day and optional activities, and half of it was straight-up copied and pasted from the email I sent to my BMs a few months earlier. We both had our RDs at a pizza place. And guess what? No. One. Cared. No weddings are unique. 

You think getting married underwater in scuba gear is unique? 

How about in a hot air balloon?

Oh I know! What about in a cave?

Nothing is unique. Send your friend here to read everyone's comments.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was MOH in my FSIL's wedding about two years ago. She's a BM for my wedding next year (I know, I asked really early. I didn't know that was a thing!!) And I've already told her I'm copying a lot of her stuff. She was the chillest bride and her wedding was awesome!! How is that not a compliment??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards