Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday is not Wednesday

2»

Re: Tuesday is not Wednesday

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Congrats @MobKaz!!  And have fun at the Children's Museum.  My mom cannot wait to take my son and nephews later this summer to the sports experience.  They tried to go in the spring, but it was too rainy.  

I second Fair Oaks.  Their cheese is AMAZING.  I haven't done the tour.  Fair Oaks is exit 220 on I-65.  :D I knew we were getting close to my parent's house when they lived up in the region when we got to Fair Oaks. 

And I love that you call Albanese the "Gummy Bear Castle"!  LOL! 

Gummy bears are my H's all-time favorite candy.  I had to look up what you all were talking about, lol.  I sent him a link to their website.

@kimmiinthemitten, Phew!  Big time stuff going on for you this week!  Good luck with all of it.  I'm sure you all will throw wonderfully successful events for all the clients this week.  I hope you have already planned for Monday to be a complete veg-out day.

Can you order from their site?  If not, I can get some locally and ship them to you.  PM me.  Really good stuff.   
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    OK I was wondering what the Gummy Bear Castle was, didn't realize you meant Albanese LOL. I really want one of their 5lb bags of misfit gummies for like $10. That sounds like heaven right now. 

@short+sassy Albanese are awesome - way better than the Haribo brand or whatever that is called in stores. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    OK I was wondering what the Gummy Bear Castle was, didn't realize you meant Albanese LOL. I really want one of their 5lb bags of misfit gummies for like $10. That sounds like heaven right now. 

@short+sassy Albanese are awesome - way better than the Haribo brand or whatever that is called in stores. 
    I like Haribo and Albanese for different reasons.  :D  But, #supportlocal  Hee. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I seriously need to go get some of those gummies. Or actually maybe I don't need to get them because I'll eat them. At Christmastime Menards had a big bag for like $5 it was my Christmas stocking stuffer to myself.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Congrats @MobKaz!!  And have fun at the Children's Museum.  My mom cannot wait to take my son and nephews later this summer to the sports experience.  They tried to go in the spring, but it was too rainy.  

I second Fair Oaks.  Their cheese is AMAZING.  I haven't done the tour.  Fair Oaks is exit 220 on I-65.  :D I knew we were getting close to my parent's house when they lived up in the region when we got to Fair Oaks. 

And I love that you call Albanese the "Gummy Bear Castle"!  LOL! 

Gummy bears are my H's all-time favorite candy.  I had to look up what you all were talking about, lol.  I sent him a link to their website.

@kimmiinthemitten, Phew!  Big time stuff going on for you this week!  Good luck with all of it.  I'm sure you all will throw wonderfully successful events for all the clients this week.  I hope you have already planned for Monday to be a complete veg-out day.

Can you order from their site?  If not, I can get some locally and ship them to you.  PM me.  Really good stuff.   

Thanks, that's so sweet of you to offer!  But it is possible to order off their site.  I'll pass along to H that they you all gave them great reviews.  They even include a free sample bag of their "gummy bear of the month" with orders of $15 or more.  This month's flavor is Blue Watermelon (something like that).

For gummy bears, we usually get the 6 lb. bags of Black Forest gummy bears at Sam's Club.  However, they'll go through streaks when they don't carry those.

@kvruns, a 5lb bag of misfits sounds right up our alley, lol.  We did something like that with Jelly Bellies a few years ago and my H loved it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    Yes it is just like the jelly bellies - they call those Belly Flops I think. I used to use the Sport Beans for long runs and was excited to get a bunch of the belly flop sport beans when we went to the Jelly Belly factory a few years back. Of course right after that I stopped running and never ate them and they're not good for just normal eating. Boo.

Black Forest is good too, those are probably my second favorite. 
  • Options
    Gummy Bears are my favorite thing in the world. So how did I not know about a Gummy Bear Castle?!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thanks so much for the official farm name and location, ladies!  

The “Gummy Bear Castle” is the designation my granddaughter attached.  It is ridiculous!  I had NO idea they made gummies in so many shapes and themes!  I spent a small fortune simply because there was literally a “theme” for just about everyone I know, whether by flavor or theme.  

I’m fairly certain this will be an annual summer tradition until the kiddo’s age themselves out :-( which is already going by way too freakishly fast!!

• Options
    Gummy Bears are my favorite thing in the world. So how did I not know about a Gummy Bear Castle?!
    IDK if they still have it, but they did have a chocolate fountain the comes down from the ceiling.  It's only for show (such a sad, sad waste), but it makes the place smell soo good.  And they are famous for the gummy bears, but everything they make is delicious.  You can find any kind of chocolate dipped thing or gummy candy you could ever want from them.  Also they have windows into the factory, so you can watch the candy get made.  It's the closest thing to Willy Wonka I've ever seen.  Super magical.  ;) 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Yes it is just like the jelly bellies - they call those Belly Flops I think. I used to use the Sport Beans for long runs and was excited to get a bunch of the belly flop sport beans when we went to the Jelly Belly factory a few years back. Of course right after that I stopped running and never ate them and they're not good for just normal eating. Boo.

Black Forest is good too, those are probably my second favorite. 

They DO call those Belly Flops, lol.  I had forgotten.  Even the name is great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I'm exhausted just reading about your week. I hope all the events go smoothly, especially the big-huge-important one. Keep us posted!

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    IDK if they still have it, but they did have a chocolate fountain the comes down from the ceiling.  It's only for show (such a sad, sad waste), but it makes the place smell soo good.  And they are famous for the gummy bears, but everything they make is delicious.  You can find any kind of chocolate dipped thing or gummy candy you could ever want from them.  Also they have windows into the factory, so you can watch the candy get made.  It's the closest thing to Willy Wonka I've ever seen.  Super magical.  ;) 
    This sounds amazing and I wish I had known about it before we left the midwest. 
  • Options
    I can only participate in the gummy bear conversation if they have a sugar free line....  do they?  

• Options
    I can only participate in the gummy bear conversation if they have a sugar free line....  do they?  
    YES.  They have sugar-free options. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Then I'm in.  Actually, it's really not that far out of the way for an upcoming trip to Frankenmuth....hmmmm

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Then I'm in.  Actually, it's really not that far out of the way for an upcoming trip to Frankenmuth....hmmmm
    Really, really not.  You won't regret it.  ;) 
  • Options

They even advertise sugar-free gummies right on the main page of their website ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

They even advertise sugar-free gummies right on the main page of their website ;).
    I don't have that time.

LOL

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We've never stopped at the Albanese place on the way to Chicago but I've thought about it many times. Now I think I will have to do that! I prefer them to Haribo. Also they have made so awesome donations to our local USO fundraising efforts so yay!
    The chocolates are equally delicious!  I remember last year indulging in way more than my share of chocolate covered cherries!  They have an incline that takes you up to view the factory through glass windows, and then a descent down again.  It is a pretty fantastic u-shaped "experience" that is a fairly decent "distraction" for the littles while the adults stock up on candy :-D  Don't get me started on the samples.....
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    psst, for all the discussions re: children's museums, don't forget to see if your museum is part of any networks (ASTC or ACM) if you're doing any summer travelling.

(ours also does monthly stuff.  So there's a local-ish museum 45 miles away that's not part of our networks that's got free admission this month.  seeing if I can wrangle the kiddo there on Monday p'raps).

I want gummy bears.