Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday? Hello?

2»

Re: Tuesday? Hello?

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We ordered a hot sauce based on an Instagram ad I saw and HOLY COW it's so damn good. It's called Truff and I did not know I could be in love with a hot sauce, but here we are. 
    My husband is ADDICTED to a hot sauce he discovered when it was given at an OOT weddiing.  He joined Amazon Prime solely to keep his shipment fees down to satisfy his frequent order “fix”.  

Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce.  Portland, Oregon
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    We ordered a hot sauce based on an Instagram ad I saw and HOLY COW it's so damn good. It's called Truff and I did not know I could be in love with a hot sauce, but here we are. 
    My husband is ADDICTED to a hot sauce he discovered when it was given at an OOT weddiing.  He joined Amazon Prime solely to keep his shipment fees down to satisfy his frequent order “fix”.  

We LOVE that shit!!! You can buy it at Meijer (at least the west suburban one we go to!)!!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @ShesSoCold, I cannot believe that!

I guess it is also sold at the Rolling Meadows and Algonguin stores.  It is a bit of a schlep, but I will have to remember that the next time we head out in either of those directions!
  • Options
    MobKaz said:

We LOVE that shit!!! You can buy it at Meijer (at least the west suburban one we go to!)!!!

I'm ashamed to admit it...coming from what feels like the land of a 1,000 hot sauces...but I only use hot sauce on a few things.  And I just stick to Tabasco.  Or Crystal.  Which is a local version of hot sauce that uses exactly the same plant as Tabasco.  So it tastes almost exactly the same.  I'm just not very exciting with my hot sauces, lol.

But I have been to Avery Island, which is where Tabasco comes from, and been on their tour.  They have a big gift store where you can sample and buy pretty much every product they make.

Fun fact.  The same company/family who owns Tabasco has been running a salt mine on Avery Island for almost 200 years.  They still mine salt to this day.  After the Civil War, the McIlHenney family was trying to figure out how to get their salt mine back up and running.  To make a little spare change, they started bottling and selling this hot sauce that they'd been making for themselves for years.  They'd always gotten compliments on it from their friends.  Made from this weirdo little pepper plant that grew more like a weed on their land.  And from such humble beginnings, Tabasco hot sauce was born, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    I'm officially an old lady.  My last clothing purchases have either come from the grocery store/Costco or Dress Barn.  Whomp Whomp

I was taking a survey from Rent the Runway recently.  They were asking about overall style, etc.  They asked for my last clothes purchase and from where.  They mentioned so many brands I've never heard of.  And, the last place I purchased clothes, JC Penny, wasn't even an option!

Also, they REQUIRED me to answer which style person on Instagram I follow.  Ummm, I don't follow anyone like that!  I couldn't even leave the question blank, I had to put someone.  I probably should have put someone funny, like Mr. T., but I just put "none."

I officially felt like an Old after taking that quiz!

I've never purchased from RTR. I've ALMOST done it, but I'm on the curvier side and I always look at the size charts based on the designer, not what I normally wear and they are always too small with the exception of Badgley Mischka. I've learned the more expensive the clothing the less room for my thighs ha ha. 
  • Options
    I don't even have an instagram. :/
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I don't even have an instagram. :/
    Ditto.  Or Snapchat.  Or Twitter.

But I'm on Facebook every 10 minutes to see what's ahappening.

• Options
    MobKaz said:

I'm ashamed to admit it...coming from what feels like the land of a 1,000 hot sauces...but I only use hot sauce on a few things.  And I just stick to Tabasco.  Or Crystal.  Which is a local version of hot sauce that uses exactly the same plant as Tabasco.  So it tastes almost exactly the same.  I'm just not very exciting with my hot sauces, lol.

But I have been to Avery Island, which is where Tabasco comes from, and been on their tour.  They have a big gift store where you can sample and buy pretty much every product they make.

Fun fact.  The same company/family who owns Tabasco has been running a salt mine on Avery Island for almost 200 years.  They still mine salt to this day.  After the Civil War, the McIlHenney family was trying to figure out how to get their salt mine back up and running.  To make a little spare change, they started bottling and selling this hot sauce that they'd been making for themselves for years.  They'd always gotten compliments on it from their friends.  Made from this weirdo little pepper plant that grew more like a weed on their land.  And from such humble beginnings, Tabasco hot sauce was born, lol.

Holy shit Secret Aardvark is AMAZING. We found it when we went to a BBQ restaurant! It's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Aardvark-Habanero-Sauce-Net/dp/B00AIR3Q38/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1533129731&sr=8-3&keywords=secret+aardvark
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I can’t figure out Snapchat. My nieces keep trying to teach me but I can’t get it:( I only use Twitter for work
  • Options
    I got twitter for NFL draft updates and haven't really looked at it a year, probably. 

I felt so old when I facebook friended my BIL and his girlfriend when they had the baby so I'd see more baby pics. They only post memes. Apparently snapchat or instagram is where all the actual pictures are. 

I'm too old for that shit.
  • Options
    I got twitter for NFL draft updates and haven't really looked at it a year, probably. 

I felt so old when I facebook friended my BIL and his girlfriend when they had the baby so I'd see more baby pics. They only post memes. Apparently snapchat or instagram is where all the actual pictures are. 

I'm too old for that shit.
    But thankful for the people who connect their insta to facebook so I see those anyway.  

• Options
    I tried Snapchat, but I think I'm too old. I never remember to check people's stories and then they are gone after 24 hours. I like Instagram! I mainly use it for food accounts and beauty influencers. I've been less active on FB because it's extremely toxic RN.   
  • Options
    I'm also not into social media.  I have a FB account that I check maybe once a week.  And even that is an improvement from the previous 1-2x/year, lol.  That's it.  No IG.  No Twitter. No Snapchat.  No whatever else is out there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have Snapchat bc I thought it was for teeny boppers to send sexting pix to each other so it would "disappear" so then I was always confused and why people would talk about using it. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I don't have Snapchat bc I thought it was for teeny boppers to send sexting pix to each other so it would "disappear" so then I was always confused and why people would talk about using it. 
    LOL me too. We call is snatchchat.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    I'm officially an old lady.  My last clothing purchases have either come from the grocery store/Costco or Dress Barn.  Whomp Whomp

I was taking a survey from Rent the Runway recently.  They were asking about overall style, etc.  They asked for my last clothes purchase and from where.  They mentioned so many brands I've never heard of.  And, the last place I purchased clothes, JC Penny, wasn't even an option!

Also, they REQUIRED me to answer which style person on Instagram I follow.  Ummm, I don't follow anyone like that!  I couldn't even leave the question blank, I had to put someone.  I probably should have put someone funny, like Mr. T., but I just put "none."

I officially felt like an Old after taking that quiz!

I've never purchased from RTR. I've ALMOST done it, but I'm on the curvier side and I always look at the size charts based on the designer, not what I normally wear and they are always too small with the exception of Badgley Mischka. I've learned the more expensive the clothing the less room for my thighs ha ha. 

I only rent from them.  I'm plus sized and curvy too.  Badgley Mischka is one of my favorites, but they have lots of other good designers too!  I don't really look at their size charts TBH.  I usually stick to rentals where there are plus sized girls in the photos, so I can see how it looks IRL.  I really liked the last one I rented for a wedding, but my boobs were slightly too big and the wrap dress rested a little weird there.  But it fit like a dream otherwise!  It was a pretty color too!

https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/hutch/kiera_wrap_dress

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2018
    I've rented from RTR a lot at this point.  I stick to their plus size section and, like @OliveOilsMom, I look at the pictures a lot.  Not just the models, but the people who wore it too.  There were some I thought looked cute on the models that looked terrible on people who wore it and vice versa.  I really liked the way Monique Lhullier fit in their plus clothes.  There was one dress on there I rented twice and I always look to see if it's in their selling section.

ETA:  I've also rented jewelry from them and that's one area I really appreciate the service.  It's not so much that I save a lot of money, but I'm able to use statement pieces that are gorgeous and then send them back.  I'd lay out some serious money for a great pair of chandelier earrings, but after you wear them once or twice, everyone has seen them and it feels like wasted money.  
  • Options
    I tried Snapchat, but I think I'm too old. I never remember to check people's stories and then they are gone after 24 hours. I like Instagram! I mainly use it for food accounts and beauty influencers. I've been less active on FB because it's extremely toxic RN.   
    I have a friend who is a game/app designer that told me Snapchat was made to be hard for adults to use, so that it didn't lose it's "cool" factor with their demographic.  I actually felt a bit better after that b/c I cannot figure that crap out.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I have a friend who is a game/app designer that told me Snapchat was made to be hard for adults to use, so that it didn't lose it's "cool" factor with their demographic.  I actually felt a bit better after that b/c I cannot figure that crap out.
    The kiddo is all about the Snapchat.  We torment him by asking if he's going to "Snapgram that"?  LOL

DH and I are active on FB and IG.  I have a twitter account and will scroll it occasionally, but meh.  
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    This makes me feel loads better; my cousins (who are in college) have showed me the Snapchat many times & I just don’t get it or the appeal. Turns out I’m not supposed to. 
  • Options
    In regards to clothing rentals, when DIL was expecting, she subscribed to Le Tote for maternity clothes.  Because she felt fairly strongly that pregnancy #1 would be the "one and only", she felt it more prudent to rent versus purchases clothes.  She also thought it would be more practical and fun to rent on an "as needed" and "as growing" basis.

I know she enjoyed the subscription and purchased a few things from it.
  • Options
    an OOT wedding with a 3 hour gap sounds torturous @shessocold.  You  know what? do does an in town one! Brides to be - take your pictures, that's fine, but host a cocktail hour for those not participating in pictures.  And also, don't plan for a 3 hour photo shoot.  How many pictures do you need? 
    @mrsconn23, the IL tollway website is confusing, they don't really help you on the map of ones you missed.  I've logged on, and just randomly paid a bunch of them hoping to catch the real ones I missed.  Annoying! But paying ALL the tolls to CYA is better than guessing and getting a fine.
    @charlotte989875, yeah that's ridiculous. Someone must be hard  pressed to smell nice.  Just think of it as a donation of someone who CLEARLY needed it more than you did.

I had a doc appt yesterday.  With me working out 7 x a week, my low carb, low sugar lifestyle and weight loss I thought my A1C would be good. Great even.  Both the doc and I were baffled that it wasn't.  Like....I'm still baffled by it today.  I follow a low carb diet and I will admit if H orders cake or real ice cream, I may have a bite or two.  Nothing to raise my A1C.  Where the heck are those numbers coming from?  I'm back to pre-surgery numbers.  She took another sample to send off to the labs to double check but I'm not very hopeful about it.  I can count on my fingers the time I had sugary treats.  1/2 a cup of ice cream twice in the last month.  A1C is a 3 month scope....anyway Im bummed about it because I wanted to be off the metformin (diabetes meds) and now I'm just scared to eat anything right now. I did search (I know I know, I'm not a doc) and maybe too much protein can raise glucose levels.  I think I may be eating TO much protein maybe? I don't know.
    We have an EZpass that works on the IL tollways, IN tollroad, OH, PA and KY ones too. That way we don't have to worry about missing a point. Of course, I do worry that the open road tolling on I-294 doesn't always capture the pass and boy have I been putting some miles on I-294!
    I think they're pretty reliable. But, if the EZpass works the same as the i-pass, the little lights will tell you. At every toll, there's a little blue and yellow light to the left and just after. If just the blue flashes, you're good. If both blue and yellow flash, you're okay but the account is getting low and if just yellow flashes, that means it wasn't charged/toll violation. 

And, of course, stupid IL doesn't send you a bill or anything until you've racked up like $80 in tolls, fees, etc.
    Good to know. I'm more paranoid about the open road tolling on I-294 where you don't even go through the toll booth.
  • Options
    an OOT wedding with a 3 hour gap sounds torturous @shessocold.  You  know what? do does an in town one! Brides to be - take your pictures, that's fine, but host a cocktail hour for those not participating in pictures.  And also, don't plan for a 3 hour photo shoot.  How many pictures do you need? 
    @mrsconn23, the IL tollway website is confusing, they don't really help you on the map of ones you missed.  I've logged on, and just randomly paid a bunch of them hoping to catch the real ones I missed.  Annoying! But paying ALL the tolls to CYA is better than guessing and getting a fine.
    @charlotte989875, yeah that's ridiculous. Someone must be hard  pressed to smell nice.  Just think of it as a donation of someone who CLEARLY needed it more than you did.

I had a doc appt yesterday.  With me working out 7 x a week, my low carb, low sugar lifestyle and weight loss I thought my A1C would be good. Great even.  Both the doc and I were baffled that it wasn't.  Like....I'm still baffled by it today.  I follow a low carb diet and I will admit if H orders cake or real ice cream, I may have a bite or two.  Nothing to raise my A1C.  Where the heck are those numbers coming from?  I'm back to pre-surgery numbers.  She took another sample to send off to the labs to double check but I'm not very hopeful about it.  I can count on my fingers the time I had sugary treats.  1/2 a cup of ice cream twice in the last month.  A1C is a 3 month scope....anyway Im bummed about it because I wanted to be off the metformin (diabetes meds) and now I'm just scared to eat anything right now. I did search (I know I know, I'm not a doc) and maybe too much protein can raise glucose levels.  I think I may be eating TO much protein maybe? I don't know.
    We have an EZpass that works on the IL tollways, IN tollroad, OH, PA and KY ones too. That way we don't have to worry about missing a point. Of course, I do worry that the open road tolling on I-294 doesn't always capture the pass and boy have I been putting some miles on I-294!
    I think they're pretty reliable. But, if the EZpass works the same as the i-pass, the little lights will tell you. At every toll, there's a little blue and yellow light to the left and just after. If just the blue flashes, you're good. If both blue and yellow flash, you're okay but the account is getting low and if just yellow flashes, that means it wasn't charged/toll violation. 

And, of course, stupid IL doesn't send you a bill or anything until you've racked up like $80 in tolls, fees, etc.
    Good to know. I'm more paranoid about the open road tolling on I-294 where you don't even go through the toll booth.