July 2013 Weddings
Options

Accomodations / Night before and after

What are you ladies thinking about for the night before/after the wedding? I know you're not supposed to see FI the morning before the wedding, so I guess that means we're supposed to sleep apart? Are you renting separate hotel rooms the night before and then a single hotel room for after the wedding? Are you spending the night before with your bridesladies or your mom? I'm confuzzled. What are you ladies doing? Especially those of you who are not heading off to your honeymoon immediately after the wedding...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Accomodations / Night before and after

• Options
    I am going to stay with my mom or sister the night before. We are renting a suite the night of. Not sure what we will do a few days after until we go to the honeymoon.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I am staying at home with the girls. He will probably be at his parents house alone or stay at the hotel with his parents and anyone else there after the rehearsal dinner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'll be at my parents house the night before and he'll stay in a hotel room with one of his groomsmen. The night after we´ll stay in the suite at the hotel. 
  • Options
    We haven't planned out the night before yet, but what I'm thinking is that I'll stay at our house the night before, maybe with my bridesmaids and/or parents and he'll be at his mom and dad's.  The night after, it's been suggested to us that we will want to stay in a hotel that night, but I think we'll just want to go to our own house for the first time as husband and wife!  We'll see what actually happens though - we may just both stay at our house the night before then go our separate ways that morning.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    He'll stay at his parents and I'll stay at my apartment (which he will be moving in to after the wedding) and I will probably have some of the bridesmaids who live further away sleeping over. It will probably be crazy, exciting, hectic and hard to go to sleep! The groomsmen will all meet up at his parents' house for photos and the bridesmaids will be with me - 10 girls in a tiny apartment with hair, makeup & a photography team, yikes. That night we are going to a nearby hotel after the reception just for the fun of it. We'll go back home the next day to get our suitcases and everything together before leaving for the honeymoon the following day.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The night before the wedding I am either staying at the hotel or my mom's house with all of my girls. He will stay at his parents house with his brother. The night of the wedding we are getting a hotel room(it will be the same room that my girls and I get ready in). On Saturday and Sunday night I'm not sure where we will be staying, prob with family maybe not even together since we will want to see all of our family before we head back to CA. Then we will fly out Monday morning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No idea anymore. The plan was for me and my kids to stay with my parents the night before. Him and his kids stay with his parents the night before. His mom passes away 2 years ago and his dad rented out the house, so now I have no idea where anyone is staying!! The night of, we will stay in a suite. My kids will be back with my parents. His kids will be staying in a hotel room I think. Not sure. One more thing to worry about now, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    sounds like we're all in similar situations. I'm thinking FI will stay at his parents house, and I will rent a hotel room with the girls. The problem is that we're getting married across the bridge and about a half hour drive away from our house. I want to get to the venue right at nine to start setting up, but I don't want to have to wake up SUPER early. I only have four bridesladies, so it might work for us to all stay at a VRBO the night before and then get up early to set up and get ready, then FI and his family could meet us there later... I'm assuming him and his GM will not take as long to get ready as we will lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're staying at our house, together, both nights (at least the night before for sure, we might stay in a hotel the night after, it's TBD).

I just don't see the point in staying apart the night before. We've slept together every night for the past 2 years, that night won't be any different. We'll wake up and have a nice breakfast together before the craziness of the day starts around noon.

The venue is about 30 minutes away from our house so we might just stay in a hotel the night of the wedding. My parents have to drive past our house to get home to theirs though, so they could bring us home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_accomodations-night-before-and-after?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:f7d115a9-6d30-49f6-a59b-422d45bf0211Post:8e078eca-d2b5-40bb-b8df-26770f996c56">Re: Accomodations / Night before and after</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're staying at our house, together, both nights (at least the night before for sure, we might stay in a hotel the night after, it's TBD). I just don't see the point in staying apart the night before. We've slept together every night for the past 2 years, that night won't be any different. We'll wake up and have a nice breakfast together before the craziness of the day starts around noon. The venue is about 30 minutes away from our house so we might just stay in a hotel the night of the wedding. My parents have to drive past our house to get home to theirs though, so they could bring us home. 
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

<div>We feel somewhat the same.  My parents are renting a house in the town we're getting married for the week leading up to the wedding.  We'll be staying with them for the week, and I attempted to rent a hotel room for the night of the wedding but was told it was a 3 night minimum.  So know we have the room for the night before, of, and after.  That took care of our plans real fast!  We've been living together for 3 years now, so maybe I'd feel differently if we hadn't been...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards