California-Bay Area

Barn Venue?

I live in Dublin and having been searching for a rustic barn for our venue....with no luck! Any help? I would like it to be within an hour from Dublin/Pleasanton. Would love any advice on finding one! Thanks!

Re: Barn Venue?

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is Livermore within an hour?  Murieta's Well might fit.  In the Pleasanton area, the vineyards host weddings, and their tasting rooms often look barn-like.  Sorry, I'm from the Peninsula, so I'm of limited help.  But if you haven't already, check out herecomestheguide.com .
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... that's a rather urban area, no?  I know nothing of the East Bay.  Maybe you'll have more luck if you try heading out a little farther.  Sonoma county, for example. 
  • edited December 2011
    yes...ditto PP.  or down by carmel.  i know holman ranch has a barn...thats in Carmel. 
  • edited December 2011
    There's Long Branch Saloon & Farms in Half Moon Bay. I havent seen the sight personally, and I'm not even too sure about it being an actual barn. But I remember running across ads for it when we were searching for a location in HMB. It's very country, and it wasn't for us, so I didn't look further into it.
    Good luck!
  • lisagullettlisagullett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all the info! Checked out the sites and found a couple possibilities!
  • IDoVenuesIDoVenues member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out I Do Venues-  there are lots of Barn style venues listed- with lots of Real Weddings - Here Comes The Guide is great- but it is a paid advertisement- I Do Venues is a blog so it has more "out of the way" places  on the list!

I Love Marietta's Well- it is run by Wente - so the food and service will be five star.

If you are looking for more of a budget venue- consider the Ravenswood Historic site-  here is alink http://www.larpd.dst.ca.us/rentals/ravenswood.html
    Gloria @ I Do Venues
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are not allowed here. I know you're being helpful, but you're also violating TK guidelines.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards