Favors

Satin bags for candy buffet?

I am trying to figure out what would be the best option for the candy buffet bags. I don't know why I am so "anti-paper bag", so I've been looking at different ideas.
Do you think it would be weird to have satin or fabric bags for the candy buffet?

I guess I just keep imagining sour gummy worm sugar being stuck all over the bottom. Should I stick to paper? Thanks in advance!

Re: Satin bags for candy buffet?

• I would stick to either paper or plastic bags.  I think you are right, stuff might stick to the fabric or melt into it.
  • doeydo said:
    I would stick to either paper or plastic bags.  I think you are right, stuff might stick to the fabric or melt into it.
    I agree with this. Also, people are just going to throw the bags away as soon as the candy is gone, so I think satin bags are a waste of money.
    *********************************************************************************

• I think the satin bags would be weird too, but what about like cardboard take out containers or something if you don't want plastic bags. Something like this:

• I'd get the clear cello bags either at the dollar store, Michael's or off ebay.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Alright, you've confirmed what I was thinking.
    I actually found some really cute boxes so I will go with those as an alternative to plastic bags. I found them much cheaper than most websites sell the cheap-o bags anyway.
    Thanks ladies.
  • where did you find the boxes?  I am trying to figure out what to use as well.
  • I'd get the clear cello bags either at the dollar store, Michael's or off ebay.
    This.  I think it's great, whether a guest takes just a few pieces or tries a couple of each.  It's also easy for guests to carry away or slip into their purses.  With boxes, people may feel the need to fill it up more because it'd look silly with just a few pieces. Not to mention I probably wouldn't be able to fit it in my purse. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards