Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

How was the weekend? 

Friday we had a pumpkin carving party.  It was really fun and was awesome meeting a bunch of neighbors.  Saturday we did Boo at the Zoo then another neighborhood party. 

Sunday morning I had a little fit about the 14 coats (no exaggeration) strewn across the family room.  Months ago I asked DH to either make me hooks or kid wrangle so I could do it.  He always had different priorities.  I went to church with Max and came home to a picked up house.  We ran a few errands then home for DH to start making the hooks.  After nap DH and I carved pumpkins for everyone. 

Now I'm searching for small totes to hang on the hooks for mittens and hats.  I was going to use their initials, but that doesn't work and 1,2, 3 seems callous.

Re: Morning

• Options
    Weekend was good. 

Friday, we hung out late at the IL's with BIL and SIL, who were in town for the weekend.
    Saturday, we had to go pick up the kiddo, who spent the night at my IL's and then we went shopping.  The kiddo needed pants for choir and we also found him a new pair of shoes.
    Sunday, I went to my parents and picked up DefConn's cape.  DH and the kiddo went shooting.  We carved pumpkins and got stuff done around the house.

This week is going to be crazytown.   I'm hoping I can keep my head on straight.
  • Options

OP, are you in DC? I bought tickets for Saturday's Boo at the Zoo but was battling a cold so we opted to stay home.

Friday, our 3 year-old's preschool had a "harvest festival" and FI and I volunteered... it was too cute for words! They had a magician, pumpkin patch, and the kids got to trick or treat from classroom to classroom. Such a fun time. Saturday we laid low and carved our pumpkins. Yesterday I made a massive Italian feast -- chicken cutlets, rice balls, and homemade sauce that simmered all day. It was worth every carb. :)

• Options
    Weekend was mostly good.
    Friday AM, the Mr. and I packed up the kid & drove for FOREVER to go to a place that does cabinets (that comes well recommended from some people for budget cabinets).  We considered borrowing my dad's truck but I said that I didn't like the pressure (from me, to me) to buy if we did that.
    Just as well we didn't--because they're 'introducing a new line'--and we can't get what we need in the old line, and the new line 1-we can't see in person and 2-isn't going to be available until January.
    So we wasted the entire morning in the car w/ a grumpy toddler--who got a balloon out of it, so considered it a success, I guess.

Saturday the Mr. and I did 'tag team' for sleep; I slept in then got up so he could 'nap'.  It wastes the day but, SLEEP, glorious sleep!

Sunday the kiddo and I did church, I was 'taht mom' who let her show up in her halloween costume.  then we met both sets of grandparents for boo@ the zoo.  It was good, but it took place over nap time so the child was a beastie for part of it.
    She was very enamored with the fruit bats, which was sweet :)
  • Options

Saturday morning we went to Boo at the Zoo.  The kids had so much fun.  I was brisk (high 40s) but there was no wind, so it wasn't bad at all.

Son and DD1 needed new coats so I went to the mall and found coats for 50% off AND I used a $50 off $100 coupon.  I got both coats for $70.  And they are coats that will fit them again next year.  Hard to beat that.  I was really pleased.  Side note - Son can't wear a boy's coat anymore.  He got an adult medium.  :(

Yesterday we got groceries and put up some new blinds in our bedroom.  They had been sitting under our bed in the box coming up on 2 years.

• Options
    The weekend was most excellent.  Friday we stayed home instead of going to the opera.  We were both just beat and it was needed.  Saturday DH had to work 2 events, before and after we went to game day w/friends.  I did housework while he did that.  New people came to game day, which is always nice and we discovered some new games we liked (Power Grid and Vampire).  Sunday was the cave tour, which was AWESOME and I am so totally sore from it that I'm still tired.  
  • Options

Pretty decent. Friday night was bathtime for kitties (lots of fun there). Got home from work to find FI had done and folded all the laundry so I wouldn't have to deal with it (points to him!) Saturday, we ended up going to the college football game in our town. Was nice to be out doing something that wasn't work/wedding related.

Sunday was pretty quiet- I straightened up the downstairs part of the house, did the grocery shopping and the like, and aired out the house. FI and I hadn't slept well for two nights straight so it was nice to take it easy.

This week looks like it'll be busy at work and at home. Going to venue Thursday for first food tasting! Visiting my folks this coming weekend, so have to have everything I normally save for the weekend done by Friday afternoon.

• Options
    Weekend was so quick.  I spent Friday night sitting around.  Saturday I got my butt out of bed, ran miles without tripping....YAY me.  I then spent a majority of Saturday sitting around.  It was awesome.  H worked Saturday night...

Yesterday was basically chore day, even though I spent equal time relaxing.  I figured mowing our dang hill counted as exercise and boy am I glad I did.  My arms hurt...after 13+ miles on saturday and mowing...I'm beat.  H came home at 4, we watched football, had pizza, and ice cream.  Every 11 year old boys' dream.  And mine. 

I was happy to see H.  I kind of like that he works 3rd shift, because seeing him after a few days of that, is so much more rewarding.  Works for me.
  • Options

Oh, I also trimmed DD1's hair on Saturday.  It was her first haircut.   I took 5 inches off and it still hits the middle of her back.  It touched her butt when it was wet. 

I cried.  I have no idea why.  I think I regret cutting so much off, but it looks good.

• Options
    Taw, you're so brave.  How did your DD take it? 

It's just hair, it'll grow back. 
  • Options
    Weekend was decent.

Fri night was pretty much crash and burn night.

Sat, we met up with some friends and their little girl and went to one of the big agritourism pumpkin patches. It was fun, but wicked cold!!!! Got some free pie pumpkins out of the trip, went grocery shopping, took a little joyride in the nicely heated with seatwarmers car :)

Sunday was church, DD has been doing Sunday school (completely her choice) and looooooooves it. I get to putz around on my iPhone waiting for them to get done. .then it was a ton of housework, cleaned DDs room and got rid of some of the baby stuff, cycled some new books in her room, deep cleaned the bathroom, put in the last of the sliding drawers for the kitchen, looked at $$$ and found we're going to have to wait on backsplash until 2014. Even DIY, it'll cost a bit of $$$ because nobody liked my cheaper options :(

But DD did get to go to our Zoo Boo with her BFF. Omg, they had soooooo much fun together. And they were both beat by the time they got home ;)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oface4eva said:
    Taw, you're so brave.  How did your DD take it? 

It's just hair, it'll grow back. 
    She was fine.  She wasn't scared and she didn't think it was a big deal.  She didn't know I was being a baby.
  • Options
    Dixie- that's awesome about your little girl! Taw, I cried when we cut DS's hair and it was like an eight of an inch. 5 inches would have me bawling. This weekend was great. Friday I was at my parent's house. DS had a great day and I saw my grandpa. I got my fabric for the nursery as well. Saturday DS and I went grocery shopping then we all headed over to the park for our community Halloween party. DS had a blast on the giant bouncy slide and with the petting zoo. Sunday I took DS to a birthday party of a kid at preschool. We got home and DS actually walked upstairs and put himself down for a nap. Poor kid was worn out from the last two days. I got the mobile done for the nursery and some more organizing. I made a big Amazon purchase so I've got some more nursery stuff coming. The recliner I ordered isn't supposed to arrive until 11/19 and that's 8 days before my due date so I have to see if there is any way to get that sooner.
  • Options
    I can't remember what we did on Friday night. 
    Saturday morning, I got a haircut - I keep getting it shorter and shorter.  Then I took a trip to Walmart which was surprisingly successful and stress-free.  No problem parking, no lines at the checkout, they had the stuff I wanted and the price I wanted (tights and a cardigan for DD, razor for me), and only one instance of a parent screaming at their child.  Huzzah!   Then I came home and made a big batch of chili, played with Playdough with DD, watched Cinderella II, and then watched some Buckeye football.
    Sunday - we ventured out of the suburbs and did some urban exploring.  Went to a meadery and tried a flight of 5 different meads.  Then had brunch at a new little diner.  They had awesome baked grits with sausage and cheese, farm fresh bacon, eggs and milk, and amazing johnny cakes. DD even cleaned her plate.  After brunch we walked around some more, went into some shops and antique stores, checked out some menus at new restaurants, then we walked to the OSU Campus.  Went into the new student union and had some coffee, then off to a cookie shop for some fresh baked cookies.  Stopped into a campus bookstore and shopped some more.  Then we walked back to our car and headed back to suburbia.  DH and I would REALLY like to move back to the city, but our babysitters and our jobs are out here - and then there's the whole city schools issue...   Oh well, I guess we'll have to save the city for the weekend.

• Options
    meadery?  Off to google.  Was the cookie store the one that delivers?
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Meadery = Brother's Drake.  http://www.brothersdrake.com/
    Cookies = Insomnia.  Yes, the one that delivers.  How cool would it have been to have hot cookies delivered to your dorm at 2 in the morning???  These kids have it so good these days!

• Options
    AuntFlo said:
    6fsn said:
    Meadery = Brother's Drake.  http://www.brothersdrake.com/
    Cookies = Insomnia.  Yes, the one that delivers.  How cool would it have been to have hot cookies delivered to your dorm at 2 in the morning???  These kids have it so good these days!

They may not have been warm, but we could get anything delivered.  I once had oreos and Tylenol.  Beer and cigarettes, bagels and turkey subs were the norm though.  Now I want a turkey gobbler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards