Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Weddig Cake

Does anyone know of any places to get a simple wedding cake for around 100ppl thats under $200? I just want a simple buttercream frosting in Ivory and a few simple details in black icing and red ribbon around the base of each tier. Thank you for any help!!!
http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA

Re: Weddig Cake

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    may sound tacky-but try giant eagle, but not their sheet cakes. my MOH ordered a cake from GE for my shower and it was a 2 tier cake that i thought came from a local bakery! i was shocked to find out it was from the grocery store. it tasted good and looked really nice. other than that, i'd say your options with actual bakeries might be kind of limited. you can try signature desserts, but i'm not sure if they can do it for that price. never hurts to ask though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want something simple, I agree with PP - Giant Eagle or even Costco could probably do something like that.

Check with Signature desserts - if you only need cake for 100 people, their prices are quite reasonable!

There are some other individual bakers (Cakes by  Tammy, and Gwen I think) that may have a low cost. Here is the recommended vendors page:

http://sites.google.com/site/pghknotties/vendors

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the PP, Giant Eagle cakes are wonderful!!  I am sure they could do something for you that is classic and beautiful.

I will also throw out my baker - Debbie Satura.  I can get you her number if you want.  She doesn't do any fondant - it's all buttercream.   Our cake was just under $500 for 250 people but it was three filled tiers.  I'm sure she would be willing to work with you on the price!  We had a fairly simple cake that was enhanced by flowers by our florist.  I loved it!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Market District actually has a bunch on display at their Robinson store and they are really pretty and very reasonably priced.  Check there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards