Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do the groomsmen have to match wedding colors?

I wasn't sure which category to put this in. I want my "colors" to be coral and tan, but I want my groomsmen to wear gray. Opinion on this?

Re: Do the groomsmen have to match wedding colors?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    pengwinn said:
    I wasn't sure which category to put this in. I want my "colors" to be coral and tan, but I want my groomsmen to wear gray. Opinion on this?
    I can't really picture it. Do you have an inspiration photo? 

I love the coral/tan combo. I think GMs look really good in tan suits - I'm sure you've considered this, but what's your aversion? I found these in case it changes your mind:

ETA: holy shit those picture are big. Sorry about that...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I just really like gray and sort of had my heart set on it, but at the same time I don't want the decor to be gray and coral. Because I also love coral and tan together.
    Perhaps even white button ups with khakis? It is an outdoor/barn summer wedding so maybe that wouldn't be so bad. I like the tan suits in pictures, but it just isn't my favorite.
  • Options
    No, the colour of the suit itself does not have to match the decor.  A grey suit with coral tie and pocket square would look nice, IMO, and you could have tan coloured boutonnieres if you wanted.  Example:
    Or you could do tan coloured ties and possibly coral colours boutonnieres.  Example (the man in the middle):
    MSOTW28AprB
  • Options
    If you didn't want to go with the full suit look and still incorporate tan and coral, you could have the groomsmen wear just the vest without the jacket (like the in the first picture southernbelle0915 posted).  Or a button down shirt, tie, and pants- example:
  • Options
    Why tan? The best way to use tan would be with guys suits. I'm doing coral and gray too- here's what it's going to look like:

• Options
    doeydo said:
    If you didn't want to go with the full suit look and still incorporate tan and coral, you could have the groomsmen wear just the vest without the jacket (like the in the first picture southernbelle0915 posted).  Or a button down shirt, tie, and pants- example:

doeydo said:

I love this look for the groomsman! Since we are getting married in MX in June I feel a full suit will be extremely hot and they will just be sweating. Really like this but with a plum tie! Thanks for posting this I've been looking for this.
  • Options
    As long as the boutonnieres tie into your theme I think they can wear gray. My groomsmen are not matching the wedding colors but we have it worked out to wear they "go with the theme" of a winter forest.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards