Wedding Party
Options

ideas needed for close friend

Looking for ideas for a close friend that will not be a brides maid, other than a reader. Thanks so much.

Re: ideas needed for close friend

• Options
    I think being a guest sounds like a perfect honor for her. 

Don't give her a made up title. It will only make her feel like a second-string bridesmaid. 
  • Options
    PDKH said:

I think being a guest sounds like a perfect honor for her. 

Don't give her a made up title. It will only make her feel like a second-string bridesmaid. 
    Seconded. May I ask why she can't be a bridesmaid?
  • Options
    Eak19 said:
    Looking for ideas for a close friend that will not be a brides maid, other than a reader. Thanks so much.

Ask her to get ready with you.
  • Options
    Eak19 said:

This is a bad idea unless there are no bridesmaids. If there are, it will definitely make this woman feel like she's supposed to be some sort of understudy. Wedding party, reader, or guest are the only choices that will not make someone feel shitty.
  • Options

Eak19 said:

Looking for ideas for a close friend that will not be a brides maid, other than a reader.
    Thanks so much.

This is a bad idea unless there are no bridesmaids. If there are, it will definitely make this woman feel like she's supposed to be some sort of understudy. Wedding party, reader, or guest are the only choices that will not make someone feel shitty.

Seconded. I'd much rather be a guest and get ready on my own time than play "Cinderella" to the bride and her bridesmaids.

• Options
    You could give her a wrist corsage and have her sit her in the front row with family. No need for a title.
  • Options

is she not a BM or reader because you asked her and she declined, or is she not a BM because "even sides" were more important to you than your friend standing next to you?

BM, reader, or guest are your only options here.

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    I asked my best friend from high school who was not a bridesmaid to be our witness and sign our marriage certificate instead of my maid of honor doing this. We have great photos of my husband and I right after our ceremony with her and our officiant and a friend of my husband's signing our license. It was a special moment for me and I'm glad that she participated in our wedding this way.

Edited: for clarity.
  • Options
    Retraction. Ignore above.
  • Options
    Love this. Thank you for this idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards