Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Hump Day!

Morning!  We've got another 9 inches out there today and it's still coming down!  I, of course, have yet another snow day.  This is the 4th one in a row and I doubt we'll go the rest of the week.  This will end up giving us a longer break then we had at Christmas-no lie.
I hope everyone is very careful on the roads today if you are going out.  i need to decide what my wedding project of the day will be.  I do know I'm making crockpot vegetable soup though!
  Have a great Wednesday!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Hump Day ladies! It is 'thursday' for us, so I am relieved about that. Only one more day! :-)

I cannot believe you ladies got more snow! Hope you are able to stay home, and stay warm!

I would love a snow day right now :-P

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenny Bee-I am super jealous of the warm weather you are having!  We'll send some snow your way:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Snow day #3 for me...it is snowing pretty hard right now, and very windy. We are under a blizzard warning. I just pray that we don't lose power! I may get some cleaning done today, and DH and I are supposed to trek over to our pastor's apt. for dinner- thank goodness he lives only a 5-10 min. walk away. We'll see though...

Heather, that is crazy that this has turned into longer than your Christmas vacation! GL with wedding projects and your soup- sounds perfect for today!

Jbee- I'm liking my snow days at home, but I'd take your warm weather anytime! I am definitely a summer girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenny B I love what your DH did with the leaf! That is super sweet and thoughtful. I don't think my DH could be that creative.
    Turnpike awful. What's the name of the movie where the one guy wakes up and finds himself alone when some virus hit in a town? That's what I felt like on the turnpike this morning. Creepy!
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Snow day for me as well!  We probably have another 5-7inches today.  Its supposed to get very windy by the afternoon.

Heather, I'm with you, I need to figure out a wedding project for the day!  I think today it will be our unity candle and my second wedding newsletter for my bridesmaids Smile

Be safe out there girls!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone.  We had a little earthquake here this morning!  That combined with all this snow... maybe it really is snowmageddon ;)

Be safe and stay warm, ladies.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous of all your snow days! I'm here at work- and the girl who lives just down the street from me (rides the same bus!) is NOT here. I'm a little upset by that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there. Snow day again. I decided that I'm being lazy today. I spent the last two snow days cleaning and exercising. Screw that today... I'm couching. :)

I heard briefly about the earthquake this morning. That is nuts. Why isn't it a bigger deal in the news? Have you had earthquakes there before? I'd be freaking! Glad you're ok!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, the earthquake was so small that most people didn't even wake up!  I didn't, FI did.  It was apparently very slight- like 20 seconds of general trembling, no damage at all.  There was one here about 1.5-2 years ago, equally small.  Didn't feel that one either :)

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You would have seen me running down your street in my Wednesday underwear.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GM all.  No classes again for me today, but our office is open.  I went into Oakland to pick up one of the other law clerks as she wasn't comfy driving in the snow.  It was much nicer out on the roads today than yesterday.  Hopefully our realtor doesn't cancel on us tonight, we're to see 4 houses, one of which is, from online views, absolutely perfect!!!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I miss the snow, but I really love having 60-70 degree weather and wearing my flippy floppys in the 'winter'!

Thanks Becky - it came as a total surprise to me! I had no idea he had picked a leaf on the first night we met, and kept it the whole 6 years we were dating.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha Molly!  I guess you'll never move to California then?  ;)

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, Mike and I agreed that as much as we'd love to live in San Diego someday, CA is out. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen-That earthquake is still crazy!  Earthquakes and snow-scary!
    Molly-I am still fuming from your FB post this morning about Stephanie Plum-FI wants to know why I'm so angry about it..LOL
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_happy-hump-day-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:e7397a2b-1001-420d-ac87-db9afdabb675Post:b1cb9f61-a18e-4674-a830-58595f9dce70">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You would have seen me running down your street in my Wednesday underwear.
    Posted by dreamalotmp[/QUOTE]

LOL Too funny

Hello ladies. My morning is pretty much the same. Me stuck in the house, FI car stcuk somewhere a few blocks away since our street is still hard to get up or down. i was given permission from my Doc yesterday to unlock my brace and bend my knee a little bit, so that's new and pretty awesome. :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yay Elisha! Bend that knee, girl. :)

Heather - I know! I can't believe it. What a terrible decision. That is a 16 book series. They screwed themselves. I doubt I'll see it. I don't want to ruin the books. Stoopid.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Way late here, but just heard about the small earthquake outside of Chicago- glad everything is ok, and you didn't even feel it, LaFem. I feel like I'm so behind on the news...all we hear about on TV is the snow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards