Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hi Everyone.  I just got married this past Saturday--I didn't post much throughout my whole wedding, but I did read the board alot and always thought the vendor reviews helped me so much so hopefully this will help others! 

DJ-Eric Schiemer-Schiemer Entertainment. A+

He really was the best!  He wasn’t cheesy at all, great intros, great everything .  Extremely proactive and will respond to you in a timely manner.  He also took tons of pictures that night and made a video montage of pictures that he posts on his website so everyone can see.  I felt that I got way more than I paid for…Love him!

Cake-Cakes by Tammy A+

We had the almond cake with the raspberry mousse filling and it was the best cake I’ve ever had. I got so many compliments on the cake!  And she’s extremely affordable compared to other bakeries.  She also will duplicate any picture you give her!

Florist-MochaRose Floral A+

I love April.  She was so great in every way.  The centerpieces, bouquets…everything were perfect.  The flowers were exactly what I was looking for--modern and elegant.  She’s not the cheapest, but you certainly get what you pay for.  I also liked that when you give her a budget, she is very up front with cost and also with sticking to your budget. No shady stuff with her!  She is there on the day of to pin on everyone’s boutonnieres and corsages and she was even there for my ceremony to fluff up the back of my dress before I walked down the aisle!  My flowers were top notch!

Ceremony and Reception-J Verno Studios A+

Amazing. I will admit, during the process I was a little worried because email communication was not the best so I thought he really didn’t care that much because the studio really is a photography/commercial studio first and not a wedding venue.  However, at our last meeting and the day of, I was completely at ease and put my complete trust in them and everything turned out perfectly.  They do this every weekend and know exactly what to do. Since it’s a studio, all the great lighting is already there and makes everything picture perfect.  I could not have asked for a more perfect day! 

Photographer—J Verno A+

If you don’t mind not having your pictures taken outside of the studio, which I didn’t….then he really is the best.  J is soo laid back and nice and a perfectionist and I got to see some of the pictures he was taking and they are great!!  

They also have an in-house photo booth and I highly recommend it.  They have crazy props and it was such a hit.  They have video streamlining into the reception room from the photobooth so it is added entertainment for the guests!

Caterer—Yes We Cater A+

My parents will not stop talking about the food because it was so good!  The service and food were great.  John, Mark, and Heather were great…so easy to work with and so nice!  I was really amazed at the prices too….you just get sooo much good food.   They are very experienced with J Verno Studios too, so they know what will work and what will not work with the studio.  I thought I needed a wedding planner, but with them I was in great hands!

Dress—Bridal Beginning.  A for selection, C for service  A+  for the second seamstress

I loved my dress and I loved the woman helping me when I first picked my dress.  The times after were not so great.  When we went to get the bridesmaids dress, we had some highschool girl helping us who was not very helpful.  Then the next time we went for sizing for my bridesmaids and there was a nasty older woman who was not very nice.

When I went for my fittings, the seamstress was very nice and I thought she did a good job until I went to pick up my dress 2 days before.  My seamstress wasn’t there and there was another one there instead—I tried on my dress and the dress was way too long and just big everywhere.  I guess I signed off on it before, but I had no idea it was too long!  How am I supposed to know?  Anyway, the second seamstress did an amazing job and got everything done in time! PM me if you want to know names because I can find out…

Makeup—Gina Pravlochak, Pittsburgh Beauty on Location. A+

I wish I could have Gina do my makeup everyday! She made everyone look sooo good! She mainly does television and print so she is an expert at what will look good in photos. Her airbrushing skills are amazing—we didn’t have any pre-wedding trial done and she matched everyone’s skin perfectly…  Everything she did was perfect!  She just recently posted a website and expanded to weddings, so if you can, you should definitely try to book her. When you meet her, you will know that she would never make you look outdated--she looks like a model herself and is very up to date with trends.

Hair—MCN Salon—Sara Karpiak A+

She is an expert at wedding updos!  I loved my hair and if you are afraid of getting the typical prom hair with weird stiff ringlets, she is your girl!  She is young and trendy and will not give you any stiff weirdo updo…unless you ask for it! I would also recommend Heather because she did one of my bridesmaids and it looked beautiful.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting! Sounds like you had some great vendors!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  I checked Eric's blog and it looks like you had a beautiful and unique wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just looked on Eric's page, your wedding looked absolutely beautiful!!!

I'm so glad everything went smoothly!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad you had a perfect wedding day with such awesome vendors!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  What a stunning wedding!  Everything was perfect - the venue, the lighting, the flowers.  Such a cute cake!
    You were a gorgeous bride!

Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome reviews and pictures!  Congrats, Mrs!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    anne513anne513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I'm thinking of using Mocha Rose as well. We'll see after I meet with her.  :o)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, glad everything went so well!  Congratulations!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your experience at Bridal Beginning sounds similar to mine.  The lady that helped me pick my gown was awesome, but when we went back to look at BM dresses, we got that really young girl, too, and it was really busy, and she kind of left us on our own. We felt a bit snubbed. The first seamstress I had was okay, but I had a second one also (she was new at the time).  Her name was Michelle - really cute, petite lady - and she was AWESOME!  She seemed to know EXACTLY what I wanted without me even telling her.  At my final fitting she was adjusting and hand beading things while I was wearing the gown.  (I did not end up getting BM dresses there, btw.)  Glad everything went well for your big day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards