Not Engaged Yet
Options

Newbie Here

Hey guys! I'm new around here and I thought I'd fill out the snazzy form before I started (hopefully) posing and such. Please feel free to ask me any more questions that you want to know!

Screen Name: 
FoxandBunny
Significant Other's Age: 
What You Do: 
I'm currently a student, and I have no idea what to do with my life after I finish.
What SO Does: 
He works for a home renovation company that remodels houses.
State of Relationship: 
Seriously dating, but not close to getting engaged. We are waiting to be financially stable for that.
How Long You've Been Together: 
 4 years
How You Met:
We met in high school marching band, but became friends in 10th grade Chimestry class.
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 
None as of yet.
Real Babies:
None for now, thank goodness.
Fur Babies: 
BF has a dog and a cat, so I guess they're kind of mine too?
Loves:
 Animals, history, houses, reading, chocolate, the month of October (which is almost over and it makes me sad), Italy and Europe in general
Hates: 
The cold, insects, the color pink, beaches/sand
Pet Peeves:
People stereotyping me for where I am from. People speaking/typing in abbreviations (u for you, ect.). People thinking that just because I've been with BF for 4 years that we will get engaged/married soon and bugging me about it. When people only roll down one window in the car instead of two so that the pressure builds inside the car.
Hobbies/Activities:
I used to ride horses, but as I got older I didn't have time to competitively ride anymore. I still ride when I visit family that has horses though, and I would love to get back into it. I am in my college's marching band (color guard specifically though I do play tenor sax). I love going to the zoo. Other than that I'm usually studying or hanging out with BF.
Favorite Thing About Your SO: 
He is incredibly sweet. A lot of people don't see it, but he is the sweetest and kindest person. He'll go out of his way to make my day better or to make me feel special.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
To be honest, he can be egotistical at times. Sometimes he thinks his opinion is the only one that is correct, and I have to either argue with him for a while or (figuratively) smack him to make him realize that is not the case. 
Describe Your Personality:
 I am pretty shy in person and have a hard time making close friends. I defiantly become more outgoing the more I know you, but sometimes I find it hard to join conversations. 
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 
5. It varies be my mood and how much time I have to think of a reply. 
I've Been On TK Since:
Well, I created my account a couple of days ago, but I've been seriously lurking for almost a year.
How You Came to Be On TK: 
One of my friends got engaged (the "Ring by Spring" phenomenon is popular at my school) and I thought I would do some research. I found the boards and really liked the community and the honest advice that was offered here, so I stayed. Plus, some of the BSC people are incredibly entertaining.
How I like my potatoes: 
Mashed,fried, twice-baked. Any way you give them to me really. I really like potatoes.
Favorite book/author: 
Oh god. You have to ask this question, don't you? I have to say I'm partial to Tamora Pierce, even though she's a YA author. I love all of her books that are set in the realm of Tortall. 
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: 
I've never been to a wedding before, and BF has almost made it a mission of his to make sure that my wedding is the first one I attend. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Newbie Here

• Options
    Hi! Welcome to TK! What are you going to school for?

• Options
    Hi and welcome to NEY. 

Where are you from (you said that people stereotype you based on this)?

What's your favorite zoo animal?

Tell me more about this "Ring by Spring" thing?

• Options
    Thanks! I am a undergrad history major right now with a minor in marketing. I'm only a junior, but I'm almost done with my major and they required that I add a minor, so I picked something that is probably a little more useful in the job market than history. 

I really love history and it's so interesting, but I have no idea what to do with it once I'm done with college. 

• Options
    Welcome. 

Where are you from?

Do you have a favorite boob?

Most entertaining BSC poster (in your opinion)?
  • Options
    Hi! You remind me of me for some reason, so that's fun. :) Haha, but anyway, welcome! What's your major? Favorite dessert? If you could witness any historical event, what would it be?
  • Options
    I'm from Alabama, which makes people think that I am a redneck and don't wear shoes. 

I really love red pandas and otters. They are just too adorable not to love.

"Ring by Spring" is something that is pretty popular where I'm from. It is where just about everyone becomes engaged/married, or is expected to, by their senior year of college. It's like of like going to college to get an MRS. degree. Girls, especially at my college, almost force their boyfriends to propose by spring semester of senior year (hence "Ring by Spring"). It's very annoying, especially when people assume that because I have a good and relatively lengthy relationship compared to my peers that it means I am going to force him to propose to me by a certain time. 

• Options

Hi and welcome!

Show us your poop face.

Show us your favorite gif.

Do you like guacamole?

I can't ask my usual alcohol-related questions since she's under 21 :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Hi! I am LOVE Tamora Pierce too! I am so excited for her newest book to finally come out! Which is your favorite series?
  • Options
    Do you have a favorite boob?

Most entertaining BSC poster (in your opinion)?
    I'm stuck in the box already! Gah! 
    It's hard to pick a favorite boob, because I really love mine. I think I have to pick my left.
    It's also really hard to pick my favorite BSC poster, because there have been a lot. A lot of the Etiquette posters can be entertaining, though ever sense the August exodus it hasn't been quite as fun over there.  Moms and Maids has some interesting ones too. So, I can't pick just one :P

• Options
    Favorite dessert? If you could witness any historical event, what would it be?

My favorite dessert is a tough one too. Mostly anything with chocolate. Chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate fudge ice cream, this thing from Joe Muggs called a Reeses Candy Blast that is literally liquefied candy and is delicious. 

As for any historical event, it would defiantly be something ancient. Maybe the reign of Alexander the Great or the Trojan War or something. It's hard to narrow down to just one event because there's so much to choose from. 

• Options
    It should be noted that while it wasn't called ring by spring, my college also had a ridiculous amount of proposals spring of senior year. I told my early college boyfriend that if he proposed before I had my PhD I would say no. We broke up. He dropped out. Apparently he wanted a mr degree more than I wanted my mrs degree hahaha.

Most of the people I know that got their mrs degrees are poor, stay at home moms with 2-4 kids already. If they were to ever get divorced, they would have nothing to fall back on which terrifies me for the kiddos.

Obviously I don't recommend ring by spring so I'm glad you're not gunning for it.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    I dig your responses.
    And your avatar.

Welcome.
  • Options

Hi and welcome!

Show us your poop face.

Show us your favorite gif.

Do you like guacamole?

I can't ask my usual alcohol-related questions since she's under 21 :(

I know, I just messed up all the alcohol-related stuff because of my age. Sorry about that. But to be fair, I have had some but I don't like it very much. Or, at least I don't like wine (gasp!) or beer. Maybe it was just the ones I had, but it wasn't very tasty to me. 

As for poop face, this is the best I can do:

Baby Girl reading book

I admit it now, I do find the toilet to be the best place to read in peace. 

And my favorite gif? Well, this one definatly makes my day better.

I love corgis. 

• Options
    Hi! I am LOVE Tamora Pierce too! I am so excited for her newest book to finally come out! Which is your favorite series?
    I really like her Beka Cooper series as well as the Protector of the Small series. The Trickster series was really good too. Ok, obviously decisions and I are not best buddies, because I just gave you three answers to a favorites question.

• Options

I get a lot of reading done on the shitter, so I approve of that poop face.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

Loved your gifs. :) I've heard of Ring by Spring but I'd honestly forgotten about it until you mentioned it. I think it's a bunch of BS...

Favorite thing about Alabama?

What instrument did you/do you play in marching band?

You remind me of my BFF because her undergrad was also History (I forgot what her minor was) and she also loved Tamora Pierce. She's about to have her first book published as an e-novel and is working on getting other ones published as well. Do you like to write?

What sort of things do you do for fun?

• Options
    It should be noted that while it wasn't called ring by spring, my college also had a ridiculous amount of proposals spring of senior year. I told my early college boyfriend that if he proposed before I had my PhD I would say no. We broke up. He dropped out. Apparently he wanted a mr degree more than I wanted my mrs degree hahaha. Most of the people I know that got their mrs degrees are poor, stay at home moms with 2-4 kids already. If they were to ever get divorced, they would have nothing to fall back on which terrifies me for the kiddos. Obviously I don't recommend ring by spring so I'm glad you're not gunning for it.
    I told my boyfriend something similar, though not quite as intense I guess? I told him that we would defiantly not be getting married before I graduated from undergrad and was financially able to support myself. I want to avoid the possibility of being helpless should we breakup. If I decide to go to grad school or beyond, I might get married before I graduate if I know what I want to do, but it wouldn't be until I have almost graduated. I told him that we would just have a very long engagement until I'm almost done with school, no matter when he proposed, so don't rush it.

• Options
    buddysmom80: Thanks :) Also, I forgot to say I don't like guacamole. Salsa is delish though.

• Options
    Welcome! Do you have an historical era you specialize in (American Civil War, Ancient Greece, medieval China, etc.)?
  • Options
    buddysmom80: Thanks :) Also, I forgot to say I don't like guacamole. Salsa is delish though.

• Options
    @swazzle, I love the new siggy pic!
  • Options

Loved your gifs. :) I've heard of Ring by Spring but I'd honestly forgotten about it until you mentioned it. I think it's a bunch of BS...

You remind me of my BFF because her undergrad was also History (I forgot what her minor was) and she also loved Tamora Pierce. She's about to have her first book published as an e-novel and is working on getting other ones published as well. Do you like to write?

Ring by Spring is BS, I agree. 

My favorite thing about Alabama is that it doesn't get cold. I also really like all the trees. Alabama is so pretty and not many people give it a chance. 

I played tenor sex in high school, but I didn't go on to do college symphonic band. My senior year of high school my school added a color guard, so I joined that instead of doing marching band. Before that I marched tenor sax. I'm in my college marching band for color guard now. 

Thanks! Your friend sounds awesome! I used to write a lot more than I do now, mostly because my time is focused on studying (or procrastinating). I wish I wrote more than I do. 

For fun I mostly just hang out with BF or other friends. I like playing video games (even though I'm horrible at them) or watching anime/reading manga. Sometimes I go for walks around campus or something. Like I said, I also go to the zoo or the botanical gardens in my city a lot. BF got me a zoo membership for my birthday which makes it free for me plus another person to go to the zoo, and it has been well used. If I have enough free time (as in multiple days) I go to my grandparent's house and ride horses and help my cousin with her goats.

• Options
    @FoxandBunny - I have one more question for you. 

What does the fox say?

• Options
    Amapola14 said:
    @swazzle, I love the new siggy pic!
    Thank you!

• Options
    Welcome! Do you have an historical era you specialize in (American Civil War, Ancient Greece, medieval China, etc.)?
    I defiantly go for more ancient history, a la Ancient Greece and Rome and such. One of my professors tried to get me to become a Classics major, but I didn't want to do the language requirement as I was already done with that. I'm also interested in English history (my mini-thesis paper was actually dealing with this), Japanese history, and Mongolian history. I don't like American history though. There isn't enough of it and it's been drilled into my head to much as a child.

• Options

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW!

You can't hang with us if you don't like guac. Maybe you've never had good guac.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW!

You can't hang with us if you don't like guac. Maybe you've never had good guac.

Not even sorry

It just means more guacamole for you.

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @FoxandBunny - I have one more question for you. 

What does the fox say?
    The fox technically makes a yipping sound that is quite adorable.

• Options

Ring by Spring is BS, I agree. 

My favorite thing about Alabama is that it doesn't get cold. I also really like all the trees. Alabama is so pretty and not many people give it a chance. 

I played tenor sex in high school, but I didn't go on to do college symphonic band. My senior year of high school my school added a color guard, so I joined that instead of doing marching band. Before that I marched tenor sax. I'm in my college marching band for color guard now. 

Thanks! Your friend sounds awesome! I used to write a lot more than I do now, mostly because my time is focused on studying (or procrastinating). I wish I wrote more than I do. 

For fun I mostly just hang out with BF or other friends. I like playing video games (even though I'm horrible at them) or watching anime/reading manga. Sometimes I go for walks around campus or something. Like I said, I also go to the zoo or the botanical gardens in my city a lot. BF got me a zoo membership for my birthday which makes it free for me plus another person to go to the zoo, and it has been well used. If I have enough free time (as in multiple days) I go to my grandparent's house and ride horses and help my cousin with her goats.

To the bolded: you are such a hussy!

Do you have bitch face?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I like you, new fish.  You seem normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards