Indiana

NWI Need Any & All Suggestions

I am in need of any and all suggestions for caterer, photographer, etc in or around LaPorte County, IN. We are close to Valparaiso, Walkerton and LaPorte. 

Also searching for for any wedding items for sale in the area. We are definitely planning on being as thrifty as possible so that we can splurge on other things. 

Biggest search? A size 14 wedding gown with ZERO details on the bottom two or three inches of the dress as I will be personalizing it. 

Thank you in advance! 

Re: NWI Need Any & All Suggestions

• Hey my wedding will be in NWI as well :) It's so hard to find anything because whenever I search for vendors I get approximately one million results and they are almost all in the city and come with big city prices, while I am on a budget. So annoying.

When is your wedding? Mine is in May and I haven't booked a ton of things (so far I have a venue, caterer, dress, and cake, and I'm leaning pretty heavily towards a certain photographer), but I would be willing to share any information I have found so far.

As far as a dress goes, I found mine at David's Bridal in Chicago (I live there now so that was easiest for me). They have a ton of dresses and a range of sizes and price points. I also tried on dresses at the Nordstrom's on Michigan Ave, and I had appointments at BHLDN and Weddings 826 that I had to cancel because I had already found my dress.

There are some bridal shows coming up that are great for getting ideas. I know there's one at the Patrician in Schererville next week and one at the Lansing country club soon too.
  • MrsAitchMrsAitch member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    double post
  • what month are you looking to get married in? theres a place in valpo that you can rent for $400 for the whole weekend. it comes with tables and chairs and fits about 200 or 250 people i believe. Its called the Butterfield Family Pavilion. Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • We have a location and cake... Nothing else. I really can't afford anything near a big city price, so I am looking for LaPorte/St Joe/Porter/Starke county vendors.
  • Where is the location of your venue?  

Stracks has really good and inexpensive catering... the closest location to you would be Valpo or Chesterton.  Their every day brochures are here: http://www.svtcatering.com/ . Some locations do fully customized menus.

I would second David's Bridal.. they really do have a ton of options. There is one in Merrillville and I believe one in South Bend.  There is also Paris House of Bridal in Michigan City that can sometimes have inexpensive dresses (I think they have a "back room" of dresses that are discontinued). 

• Just a note about Stracks catering--apparently they don't include china or utensils, but perhaps your venue might provide this? I know a couple who got married at Centennial Park in Munster and had Stracks catering and they said it was very affordable. Their cakes are also pretty affordable too, but the delivery charge is based on miles and if you're looking at venues that aren't close to a Stracks then this might not be too helpful. We went with Screminti's for catering (it's a restaurant in Steger) as they included china, servers, tax, and gratuity in their (very reasonable) price. We also liked that they had catered to our venue before. Maybe your venue can give you some recommendations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards