Wedding Reception Forum

How do i make my colors work with my theme?

I have fallen in love with a man who is classic. He carries a pocket watch, handkerchiefs, and is a true gentleman. Our wedding theme is vintage and our colors are cranberry, dark grey and champagne. I'm having a hard time putting the colors and the vintage style together. Every picture i see showing vintage themes, the colors are so neutral. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Please help me, and thank you in advance. :)

Re: How do i make my colors work with my theme?

• cboyte said:
    I have fallen in love with a man who is classic. He carries a pocket watch, handkerchiefs, and is a true gentleman. Our wedding theme is vintage and our colors are cranberry, dark grey and champagne. I'm having a hard time putting the colors and the vintage style together. Every picture i see showing vintage themes, the colors are so neutral. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Please help me, and thank you in advance. :)
    What do you mean by vintage?  

People usually use the colors in the bridesmaids dresses, maybe accents on the groomsmen's clothes, the invitations, flowers, possibly the linens, the favors.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like vintage has no meaning anymore...

Are you going for a 1920's feel, 1940's, 60s? What?

I think the colors you listed can probably work with any of those. 
  • The color scheme you suggest would work with a lot of themes that could be considered "vintage."  Can you be more specific about what you have in mind for the theme?
  • I think you should look around on pinterest and this website http://www.theperfectpalette.com/p/colors.html
    But I don't see any reason why those colours would conflict with a vintage wedding.  Also, what time period were you thinking of doing?
  • cboyte said:
    I can hardly think of a more appropriate color scheme for a "vintage" themed wedding than what you have chosen.  If you chose colors, then you incorporate those colors into your bridesmaid dresses, GM attire, decor and invitations.  Centerpieces with antique silver (i.e., grey) candleholders, champagne/cream colored candles, and cranberry colored flowers would be very pretty.

I think you're letting it stress you out unnecessarily.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cboyte said:
    I can hardly think of a more appropriate color scheme for a "vintage" themed wedding than what you have chosen.  If you chose colors, then you incorporate those colors into your bridesmaid dresses, GM attire, decor and invitations.  Centerpieces with antique silver (i.e., grey) candleholders, champagne/cream colored candles, and cranberry colored flowers would be very pretty.

I think you're letting it stress you out unnecessarily.  :)
    Everything she said, especially the bolded. Your colors will look lovely with your theme.
  • Theme is about style not color. Flowers and trinkets, the way you do your hair, bridal party accessories can help you get the vintage feel. Actually,I think you're colors will work fine, I'm trying to go vintage with emerald and tan so all the "inspiration boards" look completely different than what I want.
  • I think those colors would go beautifully with the theme you've described (and the man you've described).  When you're looking online, try not to include the word "wedding" in your searches. I've noticed that I've found a lot of good ideas on Pinterest and other places when I just search for more generic things and don't include the w-word in my searches. Just look up, I dunno, "parties in the 40s" or "1930's fashion" and you might get inspired.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards