African American Weddings

WTF WEDNESDAY... Special addition

Dear Single Wedding Guest: Where do you get the nerve to put 3 on your RSVP, then when I call to tell you ONE seat has been reserved for you. You ask me why didn't I indicate that on your invite?? The fact that it's addressed to you with NO GUEST indicates ONE!! I hate people... Sorry
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WTF WEDNESDAY... Special addition

• this happens to ya'll so often that I'm not convinced that people really know this as a rule. 
  • Is this some "we" don't know? "We're" the only ones that I have had do this...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good question girl.  personally my experience is far greater in this community, but it happens so regularly and like, matter of factly that I really do wonder.   I mean when I was making the ohnoyoudidn't phone calls, an astounding number of them folks were really on some: what are you calling for? I wrote back with who I was bringing - wait - because "{bride's name} forgot to invite {uninvited guest's name}".   I was like yeah, that's not really how this works and for the record, there's nothing wrong with {bride's name} memory.   They might legit not know.
  • I honestly did not know. I have a half sister who was invited to wedding last May. Because I knew the lady (not very well I might add) I came as my sister's +1. I didn't even think about the cost of feeding me, or how I might have been an intrusion, or if my sister even had a +1. I am so embrassed now, and feel so bad for doing that to her. She's on the top of my guestlist for sure!! Every other wedding I'd ever been to I'd been invited to through my mom and was included on the invitation. Man I'm so embrassed when I think about it.
  • I agree with Sultry I honestly think people, especially ones that have never had a wedding don't understand that concept. I let it go as a peeve because some people really didnt know
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • M1ssJ said:
    I agree with Sultry I honestly think people, especially ones that have never had a wedding don't understand that concept. I let it go as a peeve because some people really didnt know

this but the thing that gets me is someone tried to do this to me and they are getting married next year.. Im like really?!!? then I thought do you worry someone is going to get you like that next year

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Yeah I'm going to say people just don't know. In my adult life I've only been to like two weddings. I got the invite and had to call and ask if the kids were invited too. It was a cousin so I didnt have a problem calling. Had I not been related to her idk what I would have done. probably just not taken the kids with us.

I also realized since ive been on TK my co workers and I were probably b listed to a wedding. Totally didn't make a difference
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards