New Jersey

Picture locations in Mercer County

While speaking with my photographer the other day, we were discussing picture locations for after our church ceremony.  Obviously, photos in the church are a given, as are pictures before the ceremony at my house (my girls & I).  He told me to come up with options A, B, C, & D for after the ceremony.  Being that we are getting married in March, the weather can be very unpredictable.  It can either be super cold and snowing, super cold and raining, super cold, or beautiful out.  

We are getting married in Polish Trenton and our reception is out in Hightstown (Windsor Ballroom).  My FI and I have said that we could do pictures at Sayen Gardens, so I contacted them.  Found out that March 15th is the rain date of the Hamilton St. Patricks Day parade, so I can't get a permit ahead of time for pictures as they have first dibs on the parking lot, etc. So, we have to wait until March 10th to get a permit (if it doesn't rain on March 8th) to take pictures.  With that being said, we need another option.  My photographer said Princeton University by the Chapel is beautiful and you don't need permits, etc, but parking is a complete b*tch.  

So, we are in need of locations to take photos.....here's our list so far (and can be arranged however depending on weather)
A)Sayen Gardens
B)Princeton University
C)Carnegie Center (Supposedly there is a nice court yard there???)
D)Reception locations court yard.

Obviously Option D is a final back up just incase the other 3 don't work.  I only want to go to 1 location after the ceremony to take photos, so we need to figure out our options.  Can anyone recommend anywhere?  Mercer County Park's Marina will be under construction at the time of my wedding, so that isn't even an option.

Please help!
Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Picture locations in Mercer County

• Umm what about grounds for sculpture by hamilton train station, my friend just did her engagement pictures there. Also mercer county park by the boathouse, even though it will be under construction you can still maybe take pictures there. Veterans park by the lake could be pretty too. There are alot of places in Princeton.. Like by the university also the battlegrounds are pretty there. Good luck
  • Also- maybe mercer oaks will let you take pictures there?
  • nschaible said:
    Umm what about grounds for sculpture by hamilton train station, my friend just did her engagement pictures there. Also mercer county park by the boathouse, even though it will be under construction you can still maybe take pictures there. Veterans park by the lake could be pretty too. There are alot of places in Princeton.. Like by the university also the battlegrounds are pretty there. Good luck
    While we'd love to take pictures at Mercer County Park by the boathouse, with the construction going on, my photographer doesn't want to chance it...and neither do I so it is no longer an option.  Grounds for Sculpture requires a permit and I'm not sure how much it is.  I will contact them later this week to get information.  That very well, may be where we may go. 
    nschaible said:
    Also- maybe mercer oaks will let you take pictures there?
    Mercer Oaks won't permit us to use their grounds unless we are using their space.  Already contacted them. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • bradypsubradypsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Not sure what you're looking for but i agree with the other poster that maybe Princeton Battlefield State Park would work....Parking is super easy (right on the street in front) and it has a variety of picture options with columns, fields, an old farm house and a huge row of pine trees.  A friend of mine did family portraits there in March and they had this cool wheat field looking area as well during that season.

I found some photos online at the battlefield...Joe and Vicki Photography in NJ, and I search for battlefield.  Realized I'm not sure if i can post the direct link on here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards