Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews - September Wedding

Alright fellow brides...I know I learned a LOT from these Knot community boards and chose most of my vendors by reading reviews, etc from past brides...sooo I'm returning the favor and hoping you all find this information helpful!! I really loved all my vendors so want to share.  If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask! I had the most amazing Fall day on September 28th and our wedding was just magical. I want to re-live it all! Anyways...enjoy and good luck with all the planning. TRUST ME...it's ALL worth it. Best day of your life. 

Venue - Willowbend Country Club, Mashpee - A+
I looked everywhere on the Cape...and I mean everywhere....upper Cape, lower Cape, mid Cape....finally settled on Willowbend because it had everything we were looking for. Multiple options for indoor/outdoor space, an amazing rain/back-up plan (I found this hard to come by), GREAT food and simply beautiful. Terry (onsite coordinator) was challenging at times but ultimately her attention to detail made the entire day and everything was EXACTLY how I wanted it. Her and her staff did an amazzzzzing job. I got married at the venue (no church) outside on the lawn, had cocktail hour up on the huge stone patio and reception inside. You can view some of my photos here: http://nancygould.com/page/2  (Ashley & Chris)  I can't say enough if you are looking for a venue still....we had 210 people, didn't feel crowded at all, the food was spectacular (we still have people raving about the appetizers and lobster) and overall was way more affordable than other places on the Cape. They also have on site villas you can stay in which are HUGE and our wedding party stayed right there. You won't be disappointed!! 

Band - Eye2Eye A++
They were ridiculous! I still have people calling me telling me how much fun they had and literally everyone was dancing the entire night! I recommend them immediately. They were awesome and so great at playing everything. My husband was nervous about bands being too "poppy" and they played soul, R&B, rock, plus Top 40.  Penni is very reassuring and works with you on song list.  Wilson Stevens (the company you book through) are so great to work with too. Got back to me immediately when I had questions. Love love love!

Photographer- Nancy Gould - A
Can't say enough good things about Nancy! I felt like she was one of my bridesmaids haha! Sooooo efficient, sweet and got all the details!  Definitely provide her with a list of family shots you want, I didn't and definitely missed a few (my nieces and nephew, etc) but was more my fault. She moves quickly the day of, you never know she is there! Also, her assistant (Amy I think it was) shot my husband and his friends (10 of them) and was fantastic! My husband was VERY worried about it being "weird" or having a photographer in his face and he really enjoyed her. Just FYI for the boys haha :)

Videographer - McElroy Weddings
They are out of Boston. Haven't seen my video yet but their work is beautiful! Google them. I had Bijoyini and she was really sweet, stayed out of our way. I'll let you know how our video comes out but I picked them based on quality and price. Loved their work online.

Florist - Fancy Flowers A+
Amazing! Meredith is a super sweet lady who works out of her home (with her hubby, how cute) and she did exactly what I envisioned and beyond! She really brought everything to life. Check out the arbor on the photographers site I provided above...how gorgeous!!! She worked with my budget, is affordable, great to work with and the flowers were stunning! 

Cake - Cupcake Charlie's - A
We didn't have a cake, did cupcake Charlie's with a small cutting cake as well. You can choose a variety of flavors and they are soooo yummy!!! I just liked the whole idea of having multiple flavors instead of one cake flavor but that's me! They were delicious and everyone raved about them. Pic on the site of it set up as well.

Officiant- Kathleen Geagon - A+++
Not sure if you are getting married in a church or not but we wanted our ceremony to be veryyyyyy non-religious and make it our own so we used a non-denominational reverend who literally made our entire wedding!! We wrote our own vows too and Kathleen did a fantastic job of making it soooo personal, romantic etc. We keep getting emails from family about how touching our ceremony was!!! She is seriously so great and if you are looking for someone, can't tell you to call her fast enough! 

Transportation - Trolleys by Tes and Boston Common Coach - B+
I used a trolley for the wedding party which was cute! For buses, everything is sooo expensive on the Cape and I found this great company out of Boston for half the price! I think I got two big buses for like 1500 total, which is good.  Did multiple pick-ups and drop offs from two hotels.  http://www.bostoncommoncoach.com/ 

Hair and Make-Up - Lisa George and Team - B
The only complaint I had about Lisa's team was just that a few of the girls were slow...more so that they realllly took their time! WHICH IS GREAT and I have to say all my girls (10 bridesmaids) did look stunning so maybe it was worth it?!! It just made for less pictures at the house which I was bummed about. I just would recommend if you book them to book one more hair/make-up person than you think you need. I had 3 hair people and 2 make-up for 13 people (including me, 10 girls, and 2 moms) and it was definitely rushed! Needed one more of each...we were literally running around trying to get out of the house and I wish that wasn't the case! BUT like I said...I would highly recommend them because the hair and make-up was top notch...just need more people and Lisa should have known that.

OK that's it! Message me with questions. Best of Luck!!  I will be posting some items for sale from our wedding next week....including candy bar jars and white lanterns. 

chelseamlinehan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards