Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Caribbean Honeymoon in July

I've been combing through the threads for the past few months, and I've gotten some great ideas for our honeymoon next July.  All of you who have posted links, blogs, and reviews--thank you!!  Now I'm trying to narrow down some of the choices so I thought I could enlist your help.

My fiance and I are getting married on 7/4, and we'd like to leave on our honeymoon sometime in the week after.  We would like to go to an all inclusive resort somewhere in Mexico or Jamaica, with no children, beautiful beaches, and a second floor ocean front room.  If there are amenities offered, we might try them (snorkeling, scuba, etc.) but we are just looking to relax peacefully with drinks in hand during the day, and enjoy nice dinners with some live music at night.  Something where I don't have to bring anything but my bathing suit and my towel down to the beach or the pool.  I'm not a good person with crowds (kind of happy that we're going during the off-season), and I don't want crazy party atmosphere, but nothing where it gets quiet after 6pm either.  Honestly, if we didn't have to leave the resort, I think we'd both be happy!  We have a lot of family coming from out of state and out of the country for the wedding.  We are looking forward to spending time with them, and then relaxing peacefully with the two of us in a stress-free place.

Does anyone have suggestions for a specific resort?  Thank you again for your posts, I've been researching some of the resorts but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caribbean Honeymoon in July

• Options
    Check out Sandals Whitehouse in Jamacia. I can't attest to how it is as we haven't gone yet (going in March). From all the reviews on TripAdvisor it sounds wonderful(AI, adults only,remote location,beautiful grounds).
  • Options

occidental xcaret (upgrade to the royal section) or the royal suites yucatan.

both in riviera maya mexico.

• Options
    I have a friend that went to Sandals Whitehouse for her honeymoon last year. She said that they really liked the resort. 

Also look at Secrets resorts in Mexico.
  • Options
    My brother and SIL went to El Dorado Casita Suites this past July. They absolutely loved! Not sure what your budget is, but El Dorado Resorts by Karisma, Secrets Resorts, and Excellence Resorts all get great reviews.

• Options
    annathy03annathy03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I've been to Sandals Montego Bay and loved it.  We had a "concierge" which I think is now "club level" room in the building on the far right side of their resort map online, which was out of the way of most of the resort goers and had a great view of the ocean, but was a quick 3 minute walk to the heart of the resort and beaches.  Food was good, drinks were good, service was friendly, we're considering going back for the honeymoon.  It's super close to the airport which is bad for the lower end rooms, but if you get an oceanfront room it's fine, I didn't hear the planes at all from our room, and not being on a shuttle for 2 hours after our redeye was a plus.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I've been looking at all of these places. They look great, and the reviews look excellent. I really like Sandals Whitehouse, despite the long ride from the airport. The reviews are really strong for all of the things we are looking for. Would we be better off booking through the Sandals website or a third party (cheap Caribbean, etc.)?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Booking through Sandals website is fine. I booked our HM through their site as well as all our other trips to Sandals except one. Went through a third party for that one and got no better deal and nothing extra.

As for the ride to Whitehouse, we've been to Negril (also a hr. and half from airport) and it was not bad at all. We actually enjoyed it as we got to see the "real" Jamaica.

Also, check out Club Mobay arrival and departure lounges.

http://www.vipattractions.com/club-mobay.php

We are doing both services for our upcoming trip.

Another note: when booking your flights keep in mind, check in time is 3:00pm, the resort is 1 1/2hrs from the airport, baggage claim, customs and immigration could be a mess and take a hr or better to get through(with club Mobay it shouldn't be that bad) plus wait time for the sandals bus (unless doing private transfer).

That being said, if you want the most bang for your buck try to get a flight that will land you 3-4 hrs prior to check in.

The reverse applies for the way home.

Ex: we have a 6:00am flight that lays over in Miami and gets us to Jamaica @ 11:00am our return leaves Jamaica @ 3:55pm lays over in Miami and gets us home a little past 11:00pm
  • Options
    Any of the Sandals resorts would be great-- Whitehouse is a favorite as well as Grande St. Lucian. 

Secrets Silversands is awesome in Mexico. 

• Options
    Any of the Sandals resorts would be great-- Whitehouse is a favorite as well as Grande St. Lucian. 

Secrets Silversands is awesome in Mexico. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards