African American Weddings
Options

KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK @Senecaf

Senecaf Its your turn honey..... KOTW you are up!
*copy and paste in this thread...*

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK @Senecaf

• Options
    Heyyyy! I love to talk about myself but I'm on my phone

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

Seneca and Miceles -thats complicated, he goes by Sal

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

Mine is Aug 9 I'm 25. His is March 9 and also is 25

3. City Born In?

Columbus, Oh

4. City Live in?

Columbus suburbs

5. Where did you go to college?

THE Ohio State University

6. What was your major?

Agribusiness and Applied Economics

7. What is your current job?

I'm a manager at Enterprise Rent a car. I hate it so much. Its a good company but I'm over it.

8. What is your dream job?

I don't know. I really just need a 40 hour work week and ill be happy. Idealy I would work for for my myself

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

we met in middle school. At like 13 years old. It was a cute little young teen relarionship. We basically grew up together since then.

10. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

We had made plans for a famiky date night. We were going to take the kids to the movies one friday. at the end if the day I texted him to find out what time the movie was and he said "Oh my mom is here, we are going to dinner" I was like what?! That is not the plan I was super suspicious. Who just changes plans randomly. It is not easy to just change things uo whn you have kids. So I knew something was up.

So we went to dinner. I kind of knew what he had planned because he is NOT slick and left jewler stuff laying around in his ca and it was close to our anniversary. Well nothung hapoened we went home. His mom left we watched tv and as we were getting ready to go to bed he did the on knee thing in our living room. It was perfect for me because I hate public affection and would have been so embarassed if he did it at the resurant.

11. When is the Wedding Day?

August 16, 2014

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

Some new spot downtown Columbus called Vue. I'm nervous that its new but it looks cool and by next year they should have some experience.

13. What are your wedding colors?

Ok so I've gone back and forth with this I like the gree and navy combo but im afraid it wont work well with our venue it has and urban look to it. Im not sure green will look good. I need to reevlauate

14. Where are you honeymooning?

I havent got that far yet. maybe no where if I can't get this budget together

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

Our photographer. He is really nice and did a great job with our engagent/family shoot.

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

I havent bought anything yet. I've only commited to the venue and caterer but that is a lot more expensive than I though

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

I wish I could have more people it's been hard to cut my guest list down.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

any! I've only been to a couple of weddings but I love them!

19. Favorite book?

Mama Day. I love that book.

20. Favorite movie?

I'm not big on movies. I like to watch but forget everythibg that happened in it 2 days later lol.

21. Favorite tv show?

don't watch much TV either Game of Thrones is my stuff currently. Apparently I need to watch Scandal, Im too far behind to start now though.

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

havent looked yet. the prices scare me

23. Any advice you can give?

I suggest Have the wedding you want, not what everyone thinks you should have. I'm struggling with opinions a bit right now but I'm learning if these opinions ain't paying they can go somewhere.
    Also communication with your partner is essential. For those that don't live together or have children your relationship will change a lot if and when you have kids. Keep focused in the relationship you have with your spouse. Major life changes can really challenge a relationship but if you stay communicating and focus on each other you'll be fine.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

This is not a big deal but I wish I had more close girlfriends. Im a social person but have few true friends. My BM situation is stressfull because I don't have as many friends as Sal. its awkward

25. Share something about yourself!

Sal and I have two wonderful children. We had the first one at 18 years. I really pride myself of being a great mother. I've had a hard time recently with work/life balance but its ok. I feel like I have had to prove that being a young parent isnt and indication of poor parenting and a failed life. People were really mad when they found out but now we are doing well. I need people not to make such harsh judgements.

Enough of that stuff, I'm happy to have found this board. The other ones are crazy!
  • Options
    Senecaf... i love the way he proposed it made it sweet and simple and most importantly between you and him thats whats important... Now your colors honey... i like the green and navy but who am i to tell you any different i changed mine 3 x's until i picked the ones i currently have... And you are truly and inspiration to alot of young moms out there... they should know they can do it and we all make mistakes... Again nice meeting you! 

PS 8/16/14 was one of my dates smh ive had a few but im sticking to the one i have now even if i go to the courthouse or just get a notary to marry us it will be on the date of 6/28/14.... IM NOT CHANGING NOTHING LOL....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    hey @Senecaf.... nice to meet you! That is awesome that you proved everyone wrong about being a young mother and that is so cute that you guys met in middle school... middle school days were not the business for me ..lol .. I think the navy and green will work well.. I am using two of those colors in my wedding as well...sidenote to the scandal thing.. naw you are not to far behind..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    Hey home state sissy !! Thats sweet you guys have been together for a long time..I love teenage love that turns into grown up love ! I love the navy and grey with splashes of green. I think it would be super cute !

Good luck and happy wedding planning !
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Its so nice to meet you all!

@mrsbad13 where are you from?
  • Options
    I love these Knottie stories!!! Keep being successful. And I like the green and navy idea.
  • Options

Sen, it's a pleasure to meet you.   Congratulations.  

Your story is so sweet and adorable.   Boooooo @ bustin a brother's plan wide open, can he live please?  Poor Sal, no more leaving receipts layin about.  lol!

niccanoddin @ leesh - it's never too late for Scandal.  At the harassment um, encouragement of some fellow knotties, I caught up on one rainy weekend.  You can do it girl.  Well, after the babies are sleep anyway.  ;)

Glad you found AAW.  I like to think it stands for AAWesomest board of ever. 

• Options
    Glad that you found us here at AAW! Congrats on your engagement! Love your story! I am with Sultry tho...why you busted his plans wide open lol....but nonetheless he did it perfectly for you!
  • Options
    @senecaf I am from Toledo now living in ATL.
  • Options
    FH lived in the ATL. He says he wants to move back there. What it like. I've only visited.
  • Options
    @cidefi..so far I love it...I'm still getting use to things. Learning my way around. if you are an outgoing person who likes to be out and about alot there is alot to do. There is always something going on here. Lots of shopping, there is jobs. My husband got a job within 2 weeks of being here. Started that job then got another job making more money within the month after getting the 1st job. I had job but lost it due to a daycare sitution, now im working in retail until my nail tech license gets transferred. So..so far no complaints.
  • Options
    Thanks might look into then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards