Nebraska-Omaha

Omaha Vendor Reviews-October 2013

melodydurhammelodydurham member
First Comment
edited November 2013 in Nebraska-Omaha
Hope this can be useful to some of you:

Church-St Paul United Methodist: A+++ We belong to this church but I believe they would let non-members use it for weddings. Initially we wanted an outdoor ceremony, however after thinking about all of the logistics involved (seating, sound system, back up plan in case of bad weather, etc) we decided to go with a church. I'm so happy we did. The church has two large rooms for the bride and groom to get ready in. The wedding coordinator, Sue, is so organized, professional, and kind. She mad the event flow very smoothly. The pastor and organist were open to all of our suggestions and ideas. And the church is beautiful.

Reception-Regency Lake and Tennis Club: B+   Regency Lake and Tennis Club comes with many advantages but there are a few disadvantages as well. The cost was very reasonable. The room rental fee was $650. We needed to rent some of their chairs and tables and those cost an additional $150.  The advantages: you can bring in any caterer you want or even provide your own food. You can stock the bar yourself. The bar/dance floor is seperate from the dining room so the people who didn't want to dance didn't have to watch others or have their conversation ruined by music. There is a large wrap around deck which was nice to step out onto to get some fresh air. The lake is scenic for picture taking and it was so nice to have the sun setting during dinner over the lake, followed by the city lights twinkling off of the lake at dinner. The venue is intimate. You are the only wedding/event scheduled for that day. The coordinator, Kathy, is always happy to answer your questions or provide suggestions. She has done a lot of weddings so she is very experienced. Now for the disadvantages: You have to rent a lot of things such as chairs, tables, tablecloths, china, salt & pepper shakers, glassware, etc. You could use disposable but we after spending $2000 on food, why would we serve it on paper plates? You also have to decorate yourself. Luckily, my parents + a couple of friends were able to help and they arrived at the RLTC about 10am and spent a few hours decorating. I had no time to do this the morning of the reception. They also helped to tear it all down at the end of the night. Kind of a lot of work after a long day. We brought in our own alcohol. We used online calculators to try and figure out how much beer + wine we would need. We were scared to run out so we brought extra. Well, we have so much now, I don't know how we will ever drink it! So we probably spent $150 extra on alcohol.

Caterer: Attitude on Food: A The food was great! I made my hubby go back and get me more. :-) I wish some of the servers would have checked in with me to see if everything was ok or offer us leftovers but who knows if that is the norm or not? Using a venue like RLTC I highly recommend a full service caterer as they bussed the tables and made sure the rental items were ready for pick up by the rental company.

Rentals: United Rent All: B  The main contact there is Micki and she is very nice and has lots of suggestions. Their prices were reasonable. I think we paid about $600 for tablecloths, napkins, water glasses, wine glasses, flatware, china, s&p shakers, etc. That included delivery. The only downside was they would only give me a 2 hour window to schedule the delivery (ex 12pm-2pm) Because my parents needed certain items there earlier (the tablecloths) so they could decorate, my parents picked the tablecloths up the night before and set them up themselves.

DJ: Shaun Satterfield with Your Way DJ. A+++++++   I can't say enough good things about him. He met with us twice before the wedding and really took time to get to know us and get a feel for how we wanted our reception to go. The dance floor was full all night long. He played a great mix of fast, slow, contemporary, old standby's, etc. He did a great job of releasing the tables for dinner. He even took me through the buffet and dished my food up for me. His pricing is very reasonable. He is a talented DJ. Highly, highly recommend him. His communications were quick and prompt.

Photographer: Mike Becka with MJB Photography. A+++++++ By far the best vendor we worked with. Mike is reasonably priced, easy to work with, and takes beautiful photos. Our session included our engagement session. Again, he was so easy to work with. We had some unique ideas for our engagement pictures and he was so happy to work with us and our vision. The day of the wedding, he was flexible and rolled with all of the typical wedding day chaos. We stopped at a bar after the wedding, followed by a park and he was right there with us, which was great because we were able to get pictures at a variety of locations. Great communication, fast turn around times, and reasonably priced.

Florist: Piccolos Florist. A +  Frank Piccolo is a gentleman, very experienced, and great to work with. He didn't mind the several changes I made. Our bouquets were absolutely beautiful, creative, and unique. When the flowers arrived, I wasn't 100% happy with the color of the groom's bout. so I called the shop and they delivered a new one within about 30 minutes.

Alterations: A++++  Linda Lee. She is such a nice, sweet woman who is very talented. I took a halter dress and she made it into a sweetheart neckline. She hand sewed some of the beading from the halter on to the newly created sweetheart neckline. She likes to chat. :-) Her prices are very reasonable and she is very professional. We paid $160 for the neckline, adding a bustle, and hemming the dress.

Bus: JoneZ Party Bus. A+ We had so much fun on the bus! The driver was fun, flexible, and professional. He didn't mind our last minute change of plans and got us where we needed to be on time. Initially, I wasn't sure I wanted (or could afford) a party bus, but I'm so glad we did. We had a blast!

Dress: Bellevue Bridal Boutique: B. I found a great dress there-it was beautiful and unique. I paid $299 for it which is amazing! The owner offered to do the alterations but estimated it would be about $300 or so (which I thought was very high.) I also didn't want to drive back/forth to Bellevue so that's when I found Linda Lee. I enjoyed the intimate feel of the dress shop-I was the only customer there at the time which was nice.

Bridesmaids Dresses: David's Bridal:  B. We found great, figure-flattering dresses for $99. I also tried on dresses there and my sales consulate was so nice and easy to work with. A little crowded at times, but I had a nice experience there.

Hotel Block: Omaha Marriott. A. The hotel was close to the Regency Lake & Tennis Club and offered a complimentary shuttle. The cost was $94 and included breakfast buffet for 2 which was awesome. Easy to work with too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards