Ohio-Columbus
Options

Photo Op Locations- Downtown Columbus

Hi Ladies! I'm looking for photo op recommendations for our German Village wedding (I’m open to all locations around downtown!) I would like some additional recommendations besides Schiller Park. Something cool and interesting. Even a quick stop for a cool door or alley is what I'm looking for. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Photo Op Locations- Downtown Columbus

• Options
    donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Here's a cool graffiti building in on Pearl Street - is this what you're looking for?  (Go into the street view and look around)
    https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&layer=c&z=17&iwloc=A&sll=39.963473,-82.999971&cbp=13,334.3,0,0,0&cbll=39.963437,-82.999948&q=47+n+pearl+street+columbus+google+map&ei=xfB3UpTBDOO92gXYqIGIBA&ved=0CC8QxB0wAA
    Also - the entire riverfront including Scioto Mile and the Town Street Bridge and Main Street bridge has tons of beautiful backdrops!   And that new Hilton/Convention center pedestrian bridge is cool....

• Options
    edited November 2013
    400 W. Rich Street has lots of cool stuff. Grange Audubon. Rich Street Bridge. Franklin Park Conservatory. Jeffery Manor in Bexley.

Your image didn't attach, try again and maybe we can help you find the location.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    We live in German Village and did our pics all around the neighborhood! There were actually SO many cool doors/backrounds/areas that we had a ton of options! I would suggest heading down there for lunch and then walking around to scope places out.

Specifically I can tell you that we took a bunch in front of the side doors of the new "highline car house" wedding venue.  It's right next to T.Murray's!  Those turned out great.

If you want some cool indoor shots with your bridal party, you could pop into a local bar?  We took some engagement pics at World of Beer on Front Street and they turned out SO amazing! There is also T.Murray's, G.Michaels, etc?

Hope that helps!

• Options
    Thank you! We actually live in German Village so we'll be doing a few stops around here. Also, our reception is at High Line Car House! Love that place & the character it has :)
  • Options
    German village is awesome for pictures -  Right along the main street in German Village is always a fun place because of all the shops ( Book Loft, Pistachio vera, etc )   The areas near Schmidts is also pretty nice - a lot of the houses in the area are really cute and you can get some great street pictures.

The Audubon park which is pretty close to German Village has some great decking and boardwalks that go to the water tower there.  I believe they do weddings there as well so it is landscaped nicely. 

I second Scioto Mile as being a great place for pictures - The fountains are awesome - I am not sure they are going on right now since it is winter. I think they have a large tree in that area now.  

I would suggest going to maybe a shop or something that you two really like if its chilly out with your photographer.  Doing an activity in the location that you like is always great because it shows off your personality - but that is totally up to what you two want to do :)  Hope this helps :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards