African American Weddings
Options

Is this unheard of, rude and wrong?

Hello Ladies and Gentleman: Ok, so my final count is do this Friday. I've reached out to everyone we haven't heard from. Some of them still haven't replied. This includes two of my cousins. I'm thinking of sending them a message that goes something like this. "We're sorry we haven't heard from you, our final count was due so we've assumed you won't be able to attend. We understand and appreciate your well wishes. Blessings, Monica & Mark" Is this rude and wrong?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this unheard of, rude and wrong?

• Options
    marsm4 Just the mere fact that you are reaching out to them makes you such a good person because uhhh i can assure you cousin, aunt or uncle if you havent rsvp by the date requested tough tiddy for you the party is still going to happen... lol... But i think thats a nice jesture of you to reach to them and make sure they understand that they screwed up and will not need to worry about sending in that cute lil rsvp lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Just for clarification sake, I'm pretty much saying to them trying to RSVP yes at this point will not be accepted. Thanks but no thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NO I UNDERSTAND... IM SAYING THATS A GOOD THING YOU ARE BEING REALLY NICE

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    THERE IS NOT ONE THING WRONG WITH THE REALLY NICE NOTE YOU SENT...

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    Thanks. @LeciaB, I haven't sent it yet.... FI is ok with it too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thats a very nice thing to do... that was one of the things I was fighting with my future mother in law about she thinks its gonna be a free for all and everyone and their neighbor can show up. I told her no we were sending out invitations if they dont RSVP then we assume they wont be coming. She got mad and was like my family doesnt have to RSVP we just show up. I told her not to this wedding. and I have far more things to worry about then chasing ur family members around trying to get a response. so with that said you are a sweet heart and there is nothing wrong with sending that lol  
  • Options
    I think thats good. You made every attempt to reach out to them and now they won't be surprised if they don't get seated
  • Options
    Nope not rude at all. Matter a fact, thanks for the idea.
  • Options
    cidefi said:

Nope not rude at all. Matter a fact, thanks for the idea.

Yes, I think I will be employing this strategy too
  • Options
    "Like this heffa is nearly 50 and she's just finding out this is French for bish I need to know.  Today."

OMG I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!! But its so true. I mean come on seriously how hard is it to check mark a circle, and mail it back? Damn you ain't even gotta buy a stamp...smh
  • Options

The thing is moni you cannot be concerned with the feelings of those who remain unconcerned about yours.  It's not rocket science, yes you can come, no you can't.  Either wh'ay answer the fucking question.   <-- I might word it differently (only slightly) but would not give a rat's ass about rudeness.  It's rude not to respond.   If you watch RHoATL Nene's beef with Kenya was she never rsvp'd.   This is because she (Kenya) thinks the RS in RSVP stands for reserve seating.  Like this heffa is nearly 50 and she's just finding out this is French for bish I need to know.  Today.

Call em, says me.  And don't be scurred not to hide your 'tude

lmaoooooooo
  • Options

The thing is moni you cannot be concerned with the feelings of those who remain unconcerned about yours.  It's not rocket science, yes you can come, no you can't.  Either wh'ay answer the fucking question.   <-- I might word it differently (only slightly) but would not give a rat's ass about rudeness.  It's rude not to respond.   If you watch RHoATL Nene's beef with Kenya was she never rsvp'd.   This is because she (Kenya) thinks the RS in RSVP stands for reserve seating.  Like this heffa is nearly 50 and she's just finding out this is French for bish I need to know.  Today.

Call em, says me.  And don't be scurred not to hide your 'tude

Hold up! Life lessons from ATL's Nene! I'm lovin' it.

Yes, you are being really generous and I commend you for it. It's best too be clear about everything to everyone so there's no "surprises" at the wedding. People seem to forget that weddings aren't cheap and you send invitations for a reason. It's not just tradition; it's economics.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards