Registry and Gift Forum

Tell Me About Your Bridesmaids Gifts

2»

Re: Tell Me About Your Bridesmaids Gifts

• Ok thank you for explaining.  I thought the hand sanitizer and anything related to shit were weird gifts so I figured there had to be some reason behind them.
  • I'm paying for all of their dresses (since they're all in college), but I'm going to make a little survival kit thing to give to them the day of with all their favorite things.

• my best friends and one of my SILs are all girly girls who love shoes and wine.  I got them there favorite bottle of wine with a wine stopper & bottle opener set along with a wine holder that was shaped like a shoe--each shoe was there "style" so I knew they would like it/use it. They loved them. I was happy when I was helping SIL move that she actually had the wine holder on her table with a bottle of wine :)

My other SIL does not drink; is a student studying biology and studies owls and exotic birds-- she likes tea/ hot chocolate, etc. So I found cute cup & saucer sets with owls on them and then an owl tin I filled with a variety of teas and hot chocolate mixes with stirring spoons that had owls on them as well.   

I also got them a diamond/amethyst bracelet that matched their bridesmaid dresses, but did not make them wear it for the wedding.  I think they wore them but honestly have no idea if they did and do not care either way. 

Anniversary
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    @erinlin25 that sounds lovely!

Unrelated Question: Were your place card holders little cars?!
  • @aefitz29: sorry just saw this...YES!  we own an auto shop so for our place cards we bought a bunch of little hot wheel cars and I got my husband involved by having him drill little holes on top (you know men and getting to use their tools) and we made little card holders out of curly paper clips.  It was a lot of fun and actually did not take too long to make.  They came out so cute.  We had a few left over so use those in our shop as our business card holders now.

Anniversary
  • I got them : small hand sanitizer Key chain/ purse attachment for sanitizer Glitter cardboard nail file Purse hook Wine or other adult beverage cup decorated to fit their personality Poopperie (sp) (toilet seat sanitizer) Beer mug with their favorite candy
    Why do you think anyone would want hand or toilet sanitizer as a gift?
    Hopefully it's an inside joke.
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• H and I couldn't afford to cover the bridesmaid's dress, hair, makeup and shoes so we let them pick what they wanted to wear and they looked beautiful. I ended up getting the girls gift cards: My sister (MOH and officiant) got an Amazon gift card because she loves shopping on there, my best friend a giftcard for 4 different restaurants so her and her husband could have a date night which they rarely get to do, and my brother a PlayStation giftcard. 
  • Title- TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BRIDESMAIDS GIFTS

not

JUDGE ME ABOUT MY BRIDESMAIDS GIFTS

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think if you afford giving dresses and/or hair up as a gift thats awesome and as a past bridesmaid appreciated.
  • @LauraD2015 that's a gift to the bride, not the bridesmaids. 

• I got my bridesmaids some REALLY nice earrings from Macy's. (spent a lot more than i wanted to!) I also got them all shawls for when we take pictures outside since it'll be cold in Feb. I got some homemade soap from a local crafter. I also got the girls small perfumes from VS ( I got a sample kit & split it between them). I want to get them purses/clutches also, but I haven't found any for a reasonable price. What am I supposed to get my flower girl or ring bearers? My fiance is in charge of his guys... he wants to get them all individual specific things to each person. (We have 4 BM & 4 GM)
  • I think if you afford giving dresses and/or hair up as a gift thats awesome and as a past bridesmaid appreciated.
    It may be appreciated but it is not a bridesmaid gift. That is going towards the wedding and not your individual friend. Anything that involves the wedding is merely you helping yourself to help them to be in your wedding. Bridesmaids gifts should be something that does not have to do with your wedding.
  • @rmueller89 if a purse/clutch doesn't work out, I found this cute make up bag at aerie if you think it may fit any of their personalities:

http://www.ae.com/aerie/browse/product.jsp?productId=0813_4212_177

For FG how about earrings, a necklace, jewelry box or a barbie (if she is into them)?  I asked my Jr BM's mom what I should get her and she suggested earrings.

DH got RB and Jr. GM personalized Louisville slugger bats.  I tried to steer him away from those since I didn't know how well personalized items would go over with them....turns out he was right in this choice because the boys loved them---RB wanted to sleep with his bat!  A DVD, sports related item or video game might also work for RB.

• My girls are getting coach clutches, a jewelry set of crystal and pearl necklaces, earrings and bracelets (not required to wear at the wedding but fine if they do), hoodies with their monograms. I am also paying for hair and makeup but I'm not considering that part of their gift. My flower girls is my future step daughter and we are planning on gifting her with a necklace that has three interlocking circles to symbolize our new family unit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I handmade pillows for each BM with something that they either liked or associated with. I made it very personal.

I also contributed in their accessories for the wedding, since they could be re used (seriously they totally can)
  • aefitz29 said:
    I think if you afford giving dresses and/or hair up as a gift thats awesome and as a past bridesmaid appreciated.
    It may be appreciated but it is not a bridesmaid gift. That is going towards the wedding and not your individual friend. Anything that involves the wedding is merely you helping yourself to help them to be in your wedding. Bridesmaids gifts should be something that does not have to do with your wedding.
    May not be right, but I'd rather have my BM dress paid for and no gift. =-D Personally I don't need a gift to stand up with you, but I'd LOVE to not spend the money on a dress to do it :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards