May 2014 Weddings

Lots going on - NTKR

Hi Ladies,

So I've been at home bored for the last few days cause I've been home sick.  I have a congenital heart defect where my heart is considered "backwards".  I recommend googling Transposition of the Great Vessels, but basically my arteries go into the wrong ventricles.  Anyways the last few days, starting Saturday evening, I've been having heart palpitations almost constant all day Sunday, Monday, and mostly today.  I was able to get into the doctor's office today, where of course they couldn't hear anything every time they had the stethoscope on me, but they did have me get my blood drawn.  But tomorrow, I get to have more tests done.  Tomorrow at 7am my FI and I will be back at the hospital for a cardiac echo, and a 24 hour heart monitor.  All these things I've had before, including the palpitations, but never have they been so bad that I missed work and basically stuck on the couch for two days.  I counted on Sunday for an hour, and I had 45 of them.  Basically at this point, I'm frustrated, tired, and my breast bone hurts.  I haven't been sleeping well with this, and neither has my FI since he is worried about me.  All I hope is they have some answers soon and they figure out how to make something like this not happen again and that everything is all around fine, and this isn't a sign of larger problems.  I have been uncomfortable for days, and I'm just ready to have answers.  So my guess is that they may alter my medication a bit, I've been on two of the three for about 13 years, and the other one for a year.  So I don't know.  Anyways I just wanted to talk about it I guess.  I like you ladies, and wanted to just wanted to let you all know :)

Anniversary

Re: Lots going on - NTKR

• Hope you start to feel better soon. Rest and take things slow. Try not to stress a lot and use this time to complete your planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sucks you aren't feeling well.  Nothing worse than going to a doctor for something and them not hearing or feeling something you are. 

Make sure you try to relax and rest up.  (I know it's easier said than done).

I'll keep you in my prayers. 

Please keep us posted!!!  <3<3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I have the heart monitor on now, and the stickies smell like a Christmas tree...which normally I would love, but its throwing me off lol.  I feel like I rubbed one of those car air fresheners all over me.  It just smells weird.  Anyways, during the echo this morning, they did capture some of what I have been feeling, which is good.  I'm glad it showed up and they have a record of it.  And I've definitely have had some activity on the heart monitor as well.  So I'm fairly pleased it will show up on the monitor as well so they can study that as well.  Even though its uncomfortable, I wanted them to see it.  I will resume work tomorrow, which will be nice to be out of the house.  So all in all, a good day, just exhausting :)
    Anniversary
  • Hope you get well soon!!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! It's great that they were able to see what was happening, and I'm sure that will lead to good progress :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards