African American Weddings
Options

2 Quick Questions...

Yaw know my questions ain't quick, but for real this are...LoL

1. Who had programs at their wedding ceremony? I think I want programs now, but why? Its just more money to spend.

And

2. The bigger question...signage. Ok so we're having a buffet style dinner service. I was thinking of putting 1 menu on each table in the center with the centerpieces. But now I'm thinking why not just put a sign by each item like at a restaurant so people will know what their getting instead of guessing. Or should I do both?

Re: 2 Quick Questions...

• Options
    I've decided not to do programs. I'll have behind the scene programs for the DJ and helpers but that's it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

you taking votes?

1. don't look for ways to blow through more cash.

2. one menu for each table.  unnecessary near the food, your servers will announce what each dish is as they place it.

wanna create a sign, make up one for the sultryzulu picket line that says:  less money! less work! less money! less work!  say it with me.

• Options

wanna create a sign, make up one for the sultryzulu picket line that says:  less money! less work! less money! less work!  say it with me.

You are comedy this morning!!! Plus we need 1 that says "EAT THE CAKE"...LoL

• Options
    And you need one that says "RESERVED FOR MY TK SISTERS" LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options

You are comedy this morning!!! Plus we need 1 that says "EAT THE CAKE"...LoL

I had my oatmeal early.         .........Anna Mae.  Eat the Cake Anna Mae.  lolol!!

And you need one that says "RESERVED FOR MY TK SISTERS" LOL  

hellurrr?  how do we know where to sit?  dang.          

• Options
    I think I am doing programs .. if they get done..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    I had programs. I DIY mine. I made the spread out fan programs to go along with my peacock theme.

I did the one menu sign per table . Just for the sake of people with food allergies. I did them right off my computer and printed on cardstock with a cute border and that was it! They went in the garbage afterwards so not alot of money wasted doing one per guest.
  • Options
    dont ppl know what goes on at weddings by now? I do's, eat, get freaky on the dance floor, cut cake and go home. heyyyyyyyyy that just might be my program ... but fr programs are just more money to spend I really dont see the point... I think having menus at the table adds a touch of class go for it!
  • Options

No programs --- so far. (plz, I hope my FI don't imagine a need for them)

Menus, yes,but we're keeping it simple and the venue will provide them.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    We had programs and menu cards at everyone's table setting. Honestly, I think the programs are not a necessity but like everyone else mentioned the menu cards adds a touch of class. It was a nice touch
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • Options
    i was planning on doing them both but we shall see i know i will do the menu cards
    i have folks that are allergic to everything 
    they will have special food options 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not doing either. My wedding party is small so that's unnecessary for me I think. I'll probably see if I can get my caterer to put signs at the buffet. Or maybe I'll do a single menu card at each table. Not one per place setting. Too cheap
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards