Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Friday!

TGIF!  I know I've only been here 3 days this week but they've been LONG days!  I'm very happy for the weekend.  We're going to Deep Creek tonight for the world's best (and biggest!) pizza with some friends.
WR agenda this weekend-finish up addressing the invite envelops, mock up of wedding invite, and I'm making "Mrs." panties for the HM.
Have a great weekend!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hooray! I never thought this day would get here! Heather- You will have to share details on DIY panties for the HM! I wanted to make a pair for the wedding :) Tonight friends and I are going to d'Vine Wine Bar in Wexford for happy hour! Very much looking forward to having a girls night! Tomorrow FI and I are hopefully going to see a few houses in the south hills. We also want to use our gc for the Cheesecake Factory. Sunday we have a Dukes game and hopefully relaxing. I have Monday off so hopefully I'll be able to do a few wedding related things off my To-Do list!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Kickboxing was fun last night- my instructor was impressed with DH's good spirit and ability to follow along well. I don't know if he'll come every week, but I'm glad he at least came once and got to see what I do each week.

No huge plans for us this weekend, just dinner with friends tom. night. They are calling for a wintry mix here on Monday, but it may just turn out to be all rain. We shall see- too far away to tell I think. Have a great weekend, ladies!

Oh, and Meg, that wine bar sounds delish!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I'm SO happy this week is almost over!! It has felt insanely long!! I have a flight home tonight to Pittsburgh and thankfully it's sunny out! I hope it keeps up - if anyone has ever been to the Philly airport you'll know that if there is even a drop of rain, snow, or even a little fog the airport basically goes on lockdown... I HATE this airport more than anything!! I just hope the weather stays ok~

I have a meeting with a florist this weekend so hopefully that goes well! My dress appointment *sadly* had to be postponed :( He called me and asked if I could come at a different time - because of all the snow, they have been massively backed up with trying to getting all of the people who's appointments were cancelled in... I'm sad because I wanted to try it on again, but in no real rush so I suppose it will just have to wait until next time! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Duq - yay for house hunting! Hope it goes well!~

26summer- it must feel so good to get all of those things done!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey all. TGIF!! :)

Meg - Where in the South Hills? Did I tell everyone that we just bought a house there?? I don't even know if I did. Haha. Well, we'll be there, too. Hope that the hunt goes well for you!

Boo for the postponed dress appointment, Gianna. :(   Hopefully it can happen soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.

26- Deep creek sounds like fun. Never been there. Kim there is no way I'm coordinated to kickbox! Tried it once and failed miserably. 

Going out tonight with some girls and hopefully DH and I are having a friend come over to see what we need to do to my townhouse to sell. We also need to figure out where we want to live. Blah that's hard. Maybe Shaler or build in Plum. Anyone know of some plans near route 8? Guess we need to drive around.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    M- You have to AW that out! Last we(I) heard you were searching! Congrats! We are looking in Bethel and Mt. Lebo for now. I'm excited to see the few houses we seen online, not excited thinking about the commute. G-Sorry to hear about your dress fitting! I'm sure the weather will stay and you can get out of Philly. Have a great weekend in PGH! Kim-I'm so proud of your DH! I take (well should be took, I've not gone in forever) Zumba classes and asked DF if he wanted to go. He kindly laughed in my face :)
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning ladies! 

Kim- thats awesome that he liked kick boxing! I still need to find someway to get FI to excercise. Shoveling snow will only work for so long. lol

I had a short week too- but i agree- it def went super slow! Dinner tonight, getting our rings tomorow(so excited!!!), then some of my BMs are coming over tomorrow to help me address envelopes (and help me drink some wine of course! lol)! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg - I'm not excited either. I'll be doing the T and then a bus to Oakland. My goal is to get a job in town so I eliminate the bus. I have to just keep telling myself that the new house is worth it. :P

Sara - Fun! I loved getting our rings. What great stuff going on for ya this weekend!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all!  I got a much-needed hair cut last night and then we had our monthly beer club with friends, yum.  We have a busy busy busy but fun weekend ahead... no rest for the weary ;)

G, Philly airport is one of my least favorite in the entire world.  Good luck with your flights and with the florists!

Yay for everyone else's wedding projects!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TGIF All!

Sara - so exciting for rings, are you just picking them up, or starting to look?  We wore ours around for the first weekend at home to make sure they fit before having them engraved.  Good thing we did, DH needed his stretched a scant size.

Gianna - boo to cancelled dress fitting, that's disappointing!  Vibes for good airport weather

Meg - I've wanted to go to that bar for awhile, I'm excited to hear how it tastes/rates. 

We're headed home this weekend like I've previously mentioned, and we still don't know if we are driving separately, or together. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi all, Happy Friday indeed!  I totally stopped and got a chocolate donut on my way to work this morning.  :)  DH has plans to watch a lax game with friends tonight and I plan to catch up with my DVR.  I think we are having a day date tomorrow, so that will be fun!

H, that's fun about Deep Creek!  My parents (eventually) plan to buy a cabin or cottage of some sort near there and I can't wait to have a place to stay, haha!  

G, that sucks about your dress appointment!  Hope you can reschedule soon!

Molly and Meg, I loved my south hills commute when I was living in Pgh and working downtown!  It isn't bad at all!  Meg, GL house searching!  

S, sounds like you will have a fun WR weekend!  I loved ring shopping too - DH tried on exactly one ring and I tried on um, 200.  :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bri- I've been there a few times. Its nice inside, happy hour prices are decent. I don't recommend going during a band/performance night. We were there on a Saturday night when a band was playing. SO loud, we were screaming at each other, we ended up leaving. The acoustic shows may be better in the space.

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg - good adivce!  Even though I'm only (barely) 24, I feel too old to sit and scream across the table at a bar.

KR - we were very similiar - I actually bough 3 different rings, tried on about 100, and DH tried on 4, bought one.  lol. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bri- I completely understand! 23 and over the bar scene! haha

Planning Bio

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday all.
    Sounds like everyone has some good weekends planned. A friend of mine is stopping buy this evening we are going to look over some WR things (she is getting married in June) So that should be a good time.

H- Deep Creek, and pizza sound good to me!
    Meg- GL with houses.
    G- hope the weather holds out.
    S- That's exciting about the rings! I keep trying to talk FI into going to at least start looking but he says he doesn't want to start looking till closer to time when he gets to actually wear it. Oh well.

Have a good day everyone!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

GMC-Yay for florist!  Boo for postponing dress.
    Kim-Glad DH had a good time at kickboxing.
    Megan-will defintiely share DIY panties when they are finished!
    M and Meg we may all be neighbors some day!  If we decide to move to Pittsburgh this summer (or next) it will be to Mt. lebo or Bethel.

KR-We love Deep Creek!  FI's dad had a place there forever.  We actually only live a half hour from it, so we go down a lot, especially in the summertime.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    E - tell your DH that it takes while, usually you have to order them in and if you want them engraved, sized, etc etc.  Besides, there are so many last minute checks to get done, this is one you can do now, get your insurance on them, etc, so on your HM you are safe!  Besides, it's fun to look at sparkly things :-D
    Anniversary
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011

B- Those are all good points! I think he thinks it's going to be as easy as when I got my E-ring. When we got that it didn't have to be sized, got lucky and it fit right the first try.

image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually bought ours online. They are currently waiting at the post office for us.  We'll try them on and send them back if they dont fit- they have a good policy for that. I'm so excited to get them! They have our fingerprints on the inside. That's a good idea to wear them around for a while- I think we'll def be doing that
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    S- I LOVE the fingerprint rings. So cute!
    image.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh S, I forgot about your fingerprint rings!  That is so cool.  I hope they fit perfectly.  Pictures, please!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have a great weekend, everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards