New Jersey

ugh. Rudeness from Addison Park!

I'm looking to wed in August so I'm looking around at different venues so I can make a final decision in the next few weeks. Addison Park was on the top of my list because I have heard how beautiful the location is as well as the food etc and knew it was in my price range. I have yet to have any issues with venues that I have contacted - great customer service and very prompt at responding to e-mails/calls UNTIL this venue. I sent over an e-mail to request menus and the following day I received an email saying to contact Anthony on the phone. I called and ended up having to leave a message. 24 hours goes by and no call back. I know how busy Banquet Managers can be so I sent over an e-mail just asking if I could have info sent to me via email. They obviously do not want to give any information via email so I had to give my number again. I later on received a call from a gentlemen named Ed. Ed was not only cold but I felt like it was a hassle that he had to call me to give me information. He was NOT helpful what so ever and you would think that at almost $200 a plate they would have a little better customer service. Sorry Addison Park... while I could afford your venue, I rather save myself from what seems like many months of a headache leading up to what should be a very special day! 

Just wanted to share my experience because I was totally taken back by this. Hopefully it was just a bad day... 

Re: ugh. Rudeness from Addison Park!

• mellyD2014mellyD2014 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    AP is right down the road from me; my fiance and I were shocked at their prices. It's a gorgeous building and inside is amazing, but they are in a horrible location (Rt 35 is undergoing construction for the next 12-18 mos, and it's all broken up right outside) with no hotels nearby (closest is either 25 mins north to woodbridge or 20 south to hazlet). Their food may be good... but for the location, you'd think they'd be a bit lower.

That said, when we met with Ed, he was very nice in person. A bit stand-offish perhaps, but perfectly nice.
  • @mellyD2014 I'm glad you had a better experience than I did! Like I said, hopefully it was just an off day & thats why I received the service I did. First impressions are everything when chosing a venue.
  • I booked with Addison park after looking at about 15 places. If you haven't figured it out yet, the name of the game is negotiation. You need to go to these places and sit down with them and see what they will offer you. No one wants their prices in writing. If they do write something down your going to et a better deal in person anyway. Ed is amazing to work with. He really takes his time with my family even after he already has our deposit. I've been back there twice since we booked with other family members and the service has been unbelievable. They are family owned and treat you like you are part of it.

One thing that I've noticed so far is that you can't get too far over the phone and that goes with any vendor.
  • @FutureMrsGallo921 I agree! I always make appointments with vendors & venues after initially speaking with them over the phone or via email but in this case & after the conversation I had (that's fabulous your experience was so grand) I am not interested in working with a venue who doesn't value good customer service. I've since met with other venues (The Palace, The Venetian etc.) who made me realize I made the right decision by looking elewhere.
  • mellyD2014 - Ugh I also live right up the street from Addison Park. Trying to get from Laurence Harbor to the A&P is a nightmare with all of the construction! lol
  • SMClark23 said:
    mellyD2014 - Ugh I also live right up the street from Addison Park. Trying to get from Laurence Harbor to the A&P is a nightmare with all of the construction! lol
    Agreed!!!!  Same here, its horrible.  I take Cliffwood Avenue and even that gets backed up.  
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards