Louisiana-New Orleans

Newest Feedback on NOLA Wedding Planners?

I have been reading through the old posts about wedding planners in New Orleans, and I want to hear feedback from brides from recent weddings.  Who did you work with and what did you like about working with them?  I'm specifically looking for full planning and design.

I have interviewed Emily from Get Polished (didn't really click with her), Merideth from Belle Soiree, Elyse from Tying the Knot, and I'm in the process of setting up calls w/ Lu from Weddings by Lulu and Valerie from Sapphire Events.  I no longer live in New Orleans so I am an OOT bride, and I'm looking for someone who has a calm head, great local vendor relationships and someone who will return my calls/emails etc. within a couple of days.  I have had a hard time getting any replies in 2 days or less and while it could be a good sign that these planners are busy, it's just bad business in my opinion to leave someone hanging who is trying to hire and pay for your services.

Thoughts ladies?

Re: Newest Feedback on NOLA Wedding Planners?

• grneydswthrtgrneydswthrt member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Congrats on your engagement! You have interviewed some of the best wedding planning in New Orleans in my opinion! Whoever you choose will be great no doubt!

I also interviewed Emily from Get Polished and Meredith from Belle Soiree. We ended up choosing Meredith from Belle Soiree because we could talk on the phone and it felt like I was talking to a friend. This was a few years back, so I am not sure how things are with her today. At the time, her prices were very reasonable and something I could actually afford but they weren't bottom of the barrel either. We loved her- one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process.

I always advise to go with your gut! Your instinct is usually spot on! When is your wedding? Congrats again!
  • GeauxWedGeauxWed member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the reply and the feedback on Merideth!  I really enjoyed talking to her too, but I got some recommendations from local friends, vendors and from the New Orleans CVB and figured I'd chat with those ladies too.

The wedding will be in fall of next year, but we're waiting on a planner to find venues, and then find the date!  Some of them are slower than I'd like at answering questions or even drawing up proposals.  Maybe I'm asking too much...I just want to get the planning started and set a date!
  • Well I've found that many local vendors take a couple days to return emails so I guess I'm used to that now, after a year of planning.  But also keep in mind this is a really busy period for weddings in New Orleans---  The reason I avoided a fall or spring date altogether to begin with!  Good luck choosing.
  • @GeauxWed I live here in the city so if there is anything I can help with, please let me know. My FH has worked in the wedding industry for 16 years. I can always pick his brain. Good luck!!
  • We have been dealing with Erin from "It's your time events" she's very sweet and gets back in no time! 
  • Hey ladies!  Thanks so much for all of your help!  We have finally narrowed it down to two:  Elyse Skansi from Tying the Knots and Valerie Gernhauser from Sapphire Events.

Any thoughts on these two?  I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger bc they both have strengths and weaknesses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards