Registry and Gift Forum
Options

No more replies please

Re: No more replies please

• Options
    If someone lied to me and said I was buying them a swim with dolphins and I later found out that person took the dolphin money and spent it on a roof I would not be friends with that person anymore.  What is wrong with people?  That is really bullshit.

If people want to give you money, they will give you money.  I always give money at weddings.  Then, if you want to spend that money on a honeymoon, do it.  If you want to spend that money on a roof, do it.  If you want to spend that money being an asshole, do that too. 
  • Options
    Well, changing the post title to "No more replies" certainly worked, huh? 
    <sarcasm>

The amount of greediness and tackiness and lack of manners in the post is unbelievable. 
    I saw that, thought about it... and couldn't leave without adding my two cents.

For some reason, it bothered me SO much that there were this many posters encouraging asking for money (in any way) and I felt like I should help balance it out.  Haha.
  • Options
    JordanF13 said:
    I can't believe the trash that these new posters are spewing. There is NO POLITE WAY TO ASK FOR MONEY. Period. Pay for your own fucking honeymoon, that is no one else's responsibility. If you do this, people WILL talk about it behind your back and they won't forget. Be remembered for what a lovely hostess you were at your wedding, not a greedy, tacky and rude Bridezilla.
    Yes! This!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What's the scientific name for a large group of greedy, rude, entitled brides? A gaggle? A flock? This has to be some kind of TK record...ghost profiles, maybe?
  • Options
    What's the scientific name for a large group of greedy, rude, entitled brides? A gaggle? A flock? This has to be some kind of TK record...ghost profiles, maybe?
  • Options

They are Special Snowflakes.  They have their own logo.......
    as well as their own awards........
  • Options
    Have any of you thought about using a wish registry? It's a registry that allows the illusion of buying items for the wedding or honeymoon, and the cash is just deposited into your account via paypal. 

I can't wait to use mine. Check it out? 

http://www.wedandwish.com/?rf=821765225
  • Options
    khubman said:
    Have any of you thought about using a wish registry? It's a registry that allows the illusion of buying items for the wedding or honeymoon, and the cash is just deposited into your account via paypal. 

No.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    khubman said:

So in addition to this sudden infusion of first time posters with absurdly bad ideas, their lack of conscience and aptitude for lying will be another commonality?  I would really love to know what radar is being transmitted to recruit these trolls.  @KnotPorscha, for real....this cannot be legit.
  • Options
    khubman said:

Oh good! Another tacky idea! 
  • Options
    Asking for money is rude and this is what you are doing. Would you go stand outside and ask strangers for money for your wedding? If not, then you shouldn't be asking your guests for money either.
  • Options
    khubman said:

That is a cash registry and extremely BAD advice. 
    IT IS RUDE!!   IT IS TACKY!!   IT IS INAPPROPRIATE!!   IT IS OFFENSIVE!!!  IT IS DECEITFUL!!

I don't know anymore ways to say it without risking getting banned.
  • Options
    khubman said:

Anniversary
  • Options
    kitty8403kitty8403 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    jneen101 said:

If someone lied to me and said I was buying them a swim with dolphins and I later found out that person took the dolphin money and spent it on a roof I would not be friends with that person anymore.  What is wrong with people?  That is really bullshit.

If people want to give you money, they will give you money.  I always give money at weddings.  Then, if you want to spend that money on a honeymoon, do it.  If you want to spend that money on a roof, do it.  If you want to spend that money being an asshole, do that too. 

Exactly. And I am one of those people who does not give money. I will go well out of my way to give something physical. Telling me you like money is terrific and all (sarcasm, k?), but it doesn't make me want to give it to you. The point of a honeymoon registry is to *trick people like me* into thinking we are giving something physical and meaningful, when in fact all you are getting is cash. That's pretty darned deceptive.

(Edit: part of post got eaten by phone)
  • Options
    I read all answers opposed to the other kinds of registries and I don't understand why asking for towels on a website is not considered rude ? Or why having China is supposed to ''help the couple get started in life'' or is considered a necessity, more than owning a house ? I am against deceiving your guests ; I think the ''fake'' honeymoon registries are awful and I would expect a couple who chose this kind of registry to use it as it was intended to. But I also believe most of us are already well started in life when it comes to the basics, and that most of us have lived with our fiancés well before getting married, unlike our parents and grandparents ; and some of us might carry huge student loans that our parents and grandparents didn't have to worry about when they got married. There's a reason why the registry is almost never used anymore in some areas (including mine), and it's because it isn't as useful as it used to be. I live in an area where people get married older (into their 30s mostly). It's only fair that a couple finally getting out of college and getting married wants to owe a house and start a family, too. Any gift that could help them achieving this goal, be it money or material possessions, is welcomed. But I doubt buying China will be as useful to their daily life as offering downpayment money, or just money they can use to pay off their student loans. I just can't understand why this couldn't be considered a way of helping them, as they are starting in ''real life'' too. I know I'm biased because it's how it's done here (wishing wells and cardboxes, no registry), but I'll never get the ''having a registry is not the same as asking for money/gift'' argument. They all serve the same purpose : offering something useful to the bride and groom you love, and helping them out. If the means of help have changed over time, I'm totally okay with it.  
  • Options

I read all answers opposed to the other kinds of registries and I don't understand why asking for towels on a website is not considered rude ? Or why having China is supposed to ''help the couple get started in life'' or is considered a necessity, more than owning a house ? I am against deceiving your guests ; I think the ''fake'' honeymoon registries are awful and I would expect a couple who chose this kind of registry to use it as it was intended to. But I also believe most of us are already well started in life when it comes to the basics, and that most of us have lived with our fiancés well before getting married, unlike our parents and grandparents ; and some of us might carry huge student loans that our parents and grandparents didn't have to worry about when they got married. There's a reason why the registry is almost never used anymore in some areas (including mine), and it's because it isn't as useful as it used to be. I live in an area where people get married older (into their 30s mostly). It's only fair that a couple finally getting out of college and getting married wants to owe a house and start a family, too. Any gift that could help them achieving this goal, be it money or material possessions, is welcomed. But I doubt buying China will be as useful to their daily life as offering downpayment money, or just money they can use to pay off their student loans. I just can't understand why this couldn't be considered a way of helping them, as they are starting in ''real life'' too. I know I'm biased because it's how it's done here (wishing wells and cardboxes, no registry), but I'll never get the ''having a registry is not the same as asking for money/gift'' argument. They all serve the same purpose : offering something useful to the bride and groom you love, and helping them out. If the means of help have changed over time, I'm totally okay with it.  

No one is forced to buy anything of a registry. No one is forced to look up a registry. A registry itself isn't rude because its a guideline.

Advertising your registry, like putting it on a wedding invite, is rude. Just like asking for money is.

Also, gift giving is regional . Some areas tend to give cash over physical gifts and vice versa. There is nothing wrong with that either, though I've never heatd of a wishing well.

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

No one is forced to buy anything of a registry. No one is forced to look up a registry. A registry itself isn't rude because its a guideline.

Advertising your registry, like putting it on a wedding invite, is rude. Just like asking for money is.

Also, gift giving is regional . Some areas tend to give cash over physical gifts and vice versa. There is nothing wrong with that either, though I've never heatd of a wishing well.

I have heard of a wishing well, you throw pennies in it...so I have no i idea why anyone would want one at their wedding?!?!?! But hey, of you ask me for pennies I'll go the bank and get a whole roll for you and forgo my typical wedding gift and save a bunch of money! ;-)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    @PDKH, that was a really good way of putting how rude it is for honeymoon/cash registries. Thanks!
  • Options
    khubman said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    No More reply's??

Well Reply this!!! Also Wedandwish~ Really Ick!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards