Wedding Party

Bridal Party Issue

Starlet514Starlet514 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2013 in Wedding Party
Help!!! 
I am having 2 of my best gf's and my sister-in law in the my wedding party - everyone knows each other and one of my friends was also my sister-in-law's wedding planner!! So it's a close group of ladies! Now my fiances sister-in-law (his brother's wife) isn't speaking to use because she wasn't asked to be in the wedding party. We asked her to do a reading (which she happily agreed to) but has since changed her tune... we are not close, don't have anything in common, and she/they has a 2 yr old who will be present at the wedding and will need someone to watch him... Do I ask her to be a bridesmaid to avoid family drama? Or do I stick to my original plan and just have "my girls"???
Thanks!!! 
-E

Re: Bridal Party Issue

• epaice81 said:
    Help!!! 
    I am having 2 of my best gf's and my sister-in law in the my wedding party - everyone knows each other and one of my friends was also my sister-in-law's wedding planner!! So it's a close group of ladies! Now my fiances sister-in-law (his brother's wife) isn't speaking to use because she wasn't asked to be in the wedding party. We asked her to do a reading (which she happily agreed to) but has since changed her tune... we are not close, don't have anything in common, and she/they has a 2 yr old who will be present at the wedding and will need someone to watch him... Do I ask her to be a bridesmaid to avoid family drama? Or do I stick to my original plan and just have "my girls"???
    Thanks!!! 
    -E
    No you do not ask some immature person who is throwing a tantrum because she wasn't included to be a part of your bridal party.  She will get over it.

• Way to delete your post after you were already quoted, OP.

FWIW, your bridal party doesn't need to be close to one another...you choose who you would like individually...not because she doesn't "know" the other bridesmaids
  • so it's just a coincidence that they are all close - a happy side note! I think it's what happens when you have know people for so many years, paths cross and people become friends!

• Nope,
    epaice81 said:
    Do I ask her to be a bridesmaid to avoid family drama? Or do I stick to my original plan and just have "my girls"???
    Thanks!!! 
    -E
    Nope, you ask people you are close with to be in your WP.  If you are not close with your FSIL you do not need her to be in your WP< no matter how she feels about it.  It was very nice of you to ask her to do a reading.

Ignore her drama and continue on with your wedding.  And bean dip anyone in FI's family that tries to bring the situation up and advocates that FSIL should be in the WP.  If your FI wished to include her on his side, he can.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• She'll get over it. Asking people to be in the wedding party isn't the time or the place to become closer or mend fences. Stick to the people who are closest to you. 
  • People who throw fits like this generally don't stop once they become part of the WP. They're generally the people who cause drama later on once you cave and let them in. Just say no, OP. Just say no.
    *********************************************************************************

• She's being a manipulative jerk.  She will continue to do so if you put her in the wedding party.  There will always be one more demand, one more threat not to participate.

Say no.  Firmly.  Never ask someone to be in your wedding party "to avoid family drama."  Everyone has the obligation to behave like an adult.
  •  Yikes, this woman has drama written all over her, and you can likely guarantee it won't stop once she's in the bridal party! I'd definitely just keep it to your girls, and let her get over it! 

*J
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards