Flowers
Options

flowers to use with teal color scheme?

kben012kben012 member
First Comment
edited November 2013 in Flowers
I am having teal/aqua (not a dark teal) as my main color, and think I want purple as an accent color. What flowers do you suggest? I know there aren't many options for teal or purple flowers, but I love calla lilies. PS I am NOT going for a peacock theme. Thanks for any input!! I love the picture below for my bouquet with some tucks of teal hydrangeas, but am having trouble with the BM bouquets.

Re: flowers to use with teal color scheme?

• Options
    There are zero options for teal flowers.  Teal flowers just do not exist in nature.

Purple, you can do hydrangea, roses, lisianthus, stock, carnations, dendrobium orchids, irises, tulips, and larkspur.

• Options
    Teal was one of my colors, I chose green as the other one. My bouquet was all green plants/leaves/succulents, wrapped with a teal ribbon.

I would go for purple flowers, or all white and use a teal ribbon. 
  • Options
    What about these types of orchids?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I know there are no naturally teal flowers, unfortunately, but my florists have said they could dye hydrangeas and possibly calla lilies. I might consider a few of those orchids mixed into the bouquets, my problem is I have such a hard time envisioning what the entire bouquet will look like when put together!
  • Options
    kben012 said:
    Thanks ladies! I know there are no naturally teal flowers, unfortunately, but my florists have said they could dye hydrangeas and possibly calla lilies. I might consider a few of those orchids mixed into the bouquets, my problem is I have such a hard time envisioning what the entire bouquet will look like when put together!
    Just say no to tinting flowers.  They will not look natural, they will look like white flowers that were dyed teal.

• Options
    My problem is envisioning the flowers as well.  My colors are turquoise and Kelly green with a silver accent and I can't figure out how I want my flowers.  I want a blue color with some white and green.  My favorite flowers are carnations, stephanotis, calla lilies, and roses but can't come up with a bouquet figuration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards