Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

13 weeks since our wedding - still no photos

Hello! We were married August 10th of this year. It'll be 13 weeks since our wedding this weekend and we still have not received our photos. We had a contract, but there is no mention of when to expect photos. I contacted her around the 11 week mark and she said that everything was "Going good , a couple more weeks and I can give you an estimated date they will be done" So this morning, I message her again saying that I needed a date on when to expect our photos and she wrote back that her place of employment closes November 18-29 and that she would have a date for us then.

Another part of the story is that there are two other brides that I know who used her before our wedding, and they still haven't gotten their photos! I am not sure how to handle this situation. Has anyone gone through something like this before? What do you recommend I do?

Re: 13 weeks since our wedding - still no photos

• For lurkers, this is why it is important to have a delivery date in your contract.

OP, that sucks. I think all your can do is keep on her. What is taking so long? the editing? Can you get the unedited images so you have something in case she goes MIA? What does she mean by "her place of employment", is this her full time job and weddings are a side gig? If so it sounds like she is in other her head and hasn't had time to get them done. It sucks, but this is what happens sometimes when you hire a part time photog or student - they have other priorities over your wedding...which again sucks.
    You can always sue her, but depending on what you paid it might cost more and then you risk never getting your photos. IMHO You'd get the pics or the money back, not both since she is not breaking her contract. Sorry :( GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Have you asked her what's causing the delay?

It really shouldn't take that long. Almost 4 months just to get an estimate of when they might be finished? I'm guessing the date she gives won't be in the near future.
  • It sounds to me like you won't be receiving them any time soon. 

Once you get the photos (if you ever do), post a negative review somewhere to warn people that she cannot be counted upon to deliver promptly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards