Michigan-Detroit

Cost of Photographer

Generally how much should I be expecting to spend on a photographer?? I don't want the cheapest one but I don't want to spend tons on one either.. How much did everyone pay?

Re: Cost of Photographer

• I want to say ours was about $3200ish - but that included a videographer, 2 photogs and 10 hours of sevice.
  • We have 10 hours, unlimited locations, disc and rights to all photos for $850....Amy pruder photography
  • We paid about $2200 for 8 hours (which really turned out to be 9-10 hours, they were incredibly generous!), all rights to our pictures and over 900 edited images.  We used The Macks Photography and were incredibly happy with them!
  • It depends.  You could pay anywhere from $300 to $10,000.  Someone who is a full time photographer will probably charge over $3000 at least.  If they charge less, they probably have other jobs because you can't make a living on that.  Most photographers don't have their prices on their website, but will give it to you when you ask.  After you make sure its around your budget I'd suggest trying to find a few who you like their style and set up a meeting with each one.  Personality is huge!
  • I paid 1500 for my photographer, dj, and photobooth package.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tiffanymoore2009 who did you get your photo package through? And for how many hours did you have them? Thanks!
  • you can always try to hit up some photography students. I know CCS has a lot of photographers looking for freelance gigs.

With my tight budget I knew I couldn't afford the quality I knew I wanted out of a photographer, so I lucked out finding a recent grad from my college and we worked out a deal for 1200. Most photographers that i would even consider with the same quality were 4-6000....so I think I really lucked out!! :)
  • We paid $2800 for our photography. I researched extensively on this and pretty much in Metro Detroit, if you want an experienced wedding photographer you are most likely going to pay somewhere between $2200-$3000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're paying $4240 for two photographers day of and this includes all proofs, an album and the engagement photos and session.
  • We're paying $2200 for 2 photogs for 8 hours, including an engagement shoot and all full res images on disc with rights. We'll pay ala carte for album(s). Moxie Photography. :)

Remember, you get what you pay for. Like @sparkles776 said, I'd be REALLY leery of anyone in this area charging under $2k for this level of coverage. It's not just the time behind the camera but the time in Photoshop that you're paying for, and a lot of people just don't have (and therefore, can't justify the upcharge for) great post-processing skills. Keep in mind that besides your spouse, this is likely the ONLY thing you get to keep from your day! That's worthy of a solid investment. You'll want those amazing pictures of your dress and centerpieces and emotional looks on everyone's faces to remember your day by.

• @dmefom I am going through Big Foot Dj's (6 hour DJ) and Pictures by Kathleen. (8 Hours of photography at 2 locations. (my house then the ceremony/reception is at the same location) and 3 hours photobooth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards