Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Nantucket Honeymoon...

Has anyone ever been to Nantucket, Massachusetts? My FH is from Boston and we've decided to go to Nantucket, but take a day trip to Boston. We're staying at the White Elephant which looks like beautiful piece of property. Can anyone recommend things to do while there? Where going in early May.

Re: Nantucket Honeymoon...

• Options
    We stayed at the White Elephant for our mini-moon in October 2012.  I would just advise you to check on the days that any businesses are open in May, as they may only be certain days of the week. (We arrived the Monday of Columbus Day and on Tuesday some stuff was closed and only open on the weekend.)  
  • Options
    Thank you. Was the WE as nice as it looked? We're thinking about a DW as well.
  • Options
    It is a beautiful property. Because we weren't there too long and the weather wasn't great, we didn't see too much of the grounds.  Our room was nice. It had a water view and fireplace, which was nice.  The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful.  I mentioned at the spa that we had just gotten married and when we came back from dinner there was a dessert plate in our room.  We ate dinner in the bar area both nights, which is the same menu as the main dining room.  The free breakfast is continental, which is a little disappointing given the room rate, but they do a full breakfast in the dining room.  We are fairly local and just wanted to get away for a couple night after the wedding, so I booked a deal for the WE.  If we were to go back, I'm not sure I'd stay there again just because of what the regular price can be and it is a little bit of a walk to town.  Oh, they do a turn down service, which we weren't told about and it surprised us when we were in the room the first night. 
  • Options
    cidefi said:
    Has anyone ever been to Nantucket, Massachusetts? My FH is from Boston and we've decided to go to Nantucket, but take a day trip to Boston. We're staying at the White Elephant which looks like beautiful piece of property. Can anyone recommend things to do while there? Where going in early May.
    Just note that some things may be closed because it's before the season. I would call any restaurants you want to go to, to make sure they're open.
  • Options
    TY very much.
  • Options

I agree with PP about checking out what is open. Nantucket & Cape Cod in geneal are beautiful, but many businesses close for the winter and don' open until Mid-May or even Memorial Day weekend. I would check out a vistors guide website for Nantucket & go to business websites to see if they have their seasonal hours listed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards