Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

PAA feedback

Hi,

I spent the weekend in Pittsburgh scoping out possible ceremony/reception sites, and I really like the Pittsburgh Athletic Association.  Does anyone have any feedback on it?  Has anyone been to a wedding there?  The place is beautiful, but I have no idea how the food will be.

Thanks!
Julia

Re: PAA feedback

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and loved it. The food was very good, the service was excellent. I definitely recommend it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted to look at the PAA, but I think it ended up being too small for our numbers.  My parents have been to a wedding there and loved it - they thought the food was great.

Where else did you look? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    juliatrapoldjuliatrapold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that's good to hear!

We also looked at:
    - Pittsburgh Center for the Arts (looked too small for us)
    - Heinz Field (very nice, large, and reasonably priced)
    - History Center (loved it, but probably out of our budget)
    - Warhol (awesome, but too small)
    - Pittsburgh Golf Club (beautiful, our runner-up)
    - Twentieth Century Club (very large and pretty)

I loved all the places, but I think the PAA will work best for us.  Hopefully it will be great!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the PAA :)  In fact, I love your whole list!  Do you think you will book it officially?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married there 10/24, and overall had a good experience. Some little bumps along the way (most often with the overnight rooms, not the event itself), but I do recommend it. If you have specific questions, feel free to email me at snorge2009 at hotmail dot com (I'll be able to respond to that more quickly than to posts, since I'll be on the board somewhat inconsistently this week).

Oh, and people raved about the food!
  • Options
    juliatrapoldjuliatrapold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called to book and left a message - hopefully I can get my date!  That's great to hear you had your wedding there recently and liked it.  I may be emailing you at some point with questions :)  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We held our reception there in August 2008.  Aside from a few bumps, the staff was very easy to work with from afar.  They went out of their way to accomodate everything I wanted, which included some pretty random things.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at asochats (@) hotmail (dot) com, as I am not on the Knot very often!
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And asochats was very helpful in answering my questions when I was deciding on the PAA. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi--

We also had our wedding reception there 9/19/09. We loved it.

Check out some of the photos on JoannaFassinger.com blog. Our names are Brooke and Bill.

email me if you ever have questions... bblola26@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards