Plus-Sized

Help finding a picture!

miss_nixmiss_nix member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
edited November 2013 in Plus-Sized
So back in June, I found and purchased my dream dress... It was just my mom and I, and I completely forgot to take pictures of me in the dress. The salon said that it usually takes 6-8 months for the dress to arrive, and because I changed the fabric of the dress (not a fan of taffeta), it could take an additional 2 months to come in... Anyway, after I realized that we forgot to take photos, I thought I'd be ok.... Yeah... I'm not. So I started hunting online for a photo, and couldn't find anything. So I emailed the designer... Apparently it's a part of their "private collection", and they won't release photos of it. I even offered to send them my receipt, but they said no, and suggested I go back to the salon and try on the sample again. My MOH and I decided to go back this past Saturday to try on a few bridesmaid dresses, and try my dress on again.... They sold the sample and don't plan on ordering another one... :( So I'm back to square one.... Forgetting the details of my dress, panicking that it might not be as awesome as I remember, and being sad that I can't look at it. :( Here is my plea to my fellow Knotties... If anyone can find a photo of Bonny Bridal 4308, you would be my hero and I will bake you cookies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help finding a picture!

• @miss_nix

I will let you know if I find a picture
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    i googled it no luck try the pre owned wedding dress websites maybe someone has it for sale

also ebay and amazon no luck
  • I emailed the salon and they said because of the dress being in a private collection, they don't allow pictures. They check for pictures quite often online I guess. 
  • Thanks for trying ladies!!  I'm hoping it will be in soon... so here's hoping it's everything I remember!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hadn't, but it's not there :( great idea though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Update!!! Ok, so a couple of weeks ago, I called the salon to see if they had any idea of when my mystery dress was going to arrive. After a couple of hours of me talking to them, and them talking to the manufacturer... I found out that there was a delay and I won't be seeing my dress until mid-May!!! It's not the end of the world since our wedding is in September, and that still leaves me with plenty of time to get it altered, but it means not seeing the dress for almost exactly a year!! THEN... I get a phone call two days later... They had another bride order the same dress, had a destination wedding, and was having the dress cleaned before her hometown reception. They called her, explained my situation, and asked if since they were cleaning the dress anyway, if she would mind letting me try it on! Thankfully she said YES!! So, ladies... Here is style #4308!! It was a little big, and we didn't want to clamp it and risk damaging the dress, but you can get the idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful!  And that's awfully kind of that bride.  No way I would let anyone try my dress on if I still had to wear it!
  • That's beautiful! I'm glad you got to try it on I've been looking online for pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards