2»

Re: Introductions

• Options
    mizangimizangi member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited December 2013

What do you do (job/school)?

I am a Budget Analyst for the State of CA

What’s your favorite beverage at the moment?

Depends on my mood. Usually an ice cold beer. :)

How old are you?

Just turned 34 on Sunday

What area do you live in?

Sacramento, CA

How did you meet your FI?

Online on Plenty of Fish.  We met in person at Dos Coyotes a couple weeks later and shared a plate of nachos. :)

Do you have any pets?

2 dogs - a rhodesian ridgeback and a chihuahua

What’s your favorite food?

Sushi, mexican, italian...I just like to eat

What was your favorite thing to plan for the wedding so far? Least favorite?

Ugh, it's all been so trying.  I guess it was fun to try on dresses.  Trying to find a venue on a budget was the worst. (ETA: Just kidding, trying to narrow down the guest list was the worst)

How did you pick your wedding date?

I wanted a Spring wedding on the beach in Northern California so we needed a date that was not too chilly but not quite in to Summer. 

What are your wedding colors/ theme?

Purple/Ivory with a casual, beach theme. :)

• Options

What do you do (job/school)? Currently work in Kitchen construction - New builds and reno's. In Accounting. Also a PT student doing my Information and records management degree. 

What’s your favorite beverage at the moment? Pepsi Next

How old are you? 29 :(

What area do you live in? Calgary, Alberta, Canada but getting married in Vegas!

How did you meet your FI? Online

Do you have any pets? 2 dogs, 1 Pug and 1 Boston Terrier

What’s your favorite food? Mmmm all food. Lately ive been on a pork kick. 

What was your favorite thing to plan for the wedding so far? Least favorite? Venue picking and cake tasting. Least favorite dress shopping

How did you pick your wedding date? We started dating in May, we were open to any time the earlier the better because it gets hot by the end of may.

What are your wedding colors/ theme? No theme. Our colors are Navy, Silver, off-white/ivory and a hint of green.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

How fun!

I work in Human Resources at Target

Coffee! Holiday flavors :)

How old are you?

24, I will be 25 in less than a month

Southern California

High school

Do you have any pets?

Yes, a spoiled little doggy named Summer. She was born on the first day of Summer

Desserts!

Favorite: Wedding colors

Least favorite: Guest list

We wanted something away from the holidays and our birthdays (Oct-Feb) and decided on May before the weather got too warm. 05/09/14 was available at our venue.

Peach, grey & mint (more of a meadow green) and vintage theme

• Options
    Hi everyone! Been lurking a bit but finally had a chance to SIT and start the fun here! 

Inside sales for a software company

Coffee!

How old are you?

Central CT

Through friends

Do you have any pets?

An 8 year old cat I adore :)

Definitely chips and salsa

Dress shopping was so fun! Not sure I've had a least favorite yet... maybe dealing with my mother

I didn't want summer and I didnt want fall, so spring it was! And it was the only date open at my venue.(5/24)

Lilac, champagne and gray

• Options

Admin. Assistant at a non-profit org. that supports people with disabilities.

Chocolate Chip Frappe from McDonalds (it's the only thing I go there for, so yummy!)

How old are you?

23, will be 24 in Feb.

Close to Hartford, CT

Our Senior year in high school; he played guitar in a band and my friend was a fan, so she had them play her birthday party, and that was the first time that I saw him (but we didn't actually talk until the 2nd time we saw each other).

Do you have any pets?

Not any that we have as a couple. My childhood dog lives at home with my mom and I miss her a lot!

Hmm...anything Italian; like parmesan crusted chicken and torellini with alfredo sauce. Yum!

My favorite thing is...well, almost everything that I've done so far with planning has been fun. The least fun thing we've done is try and narrow down our guest list and come up with a final; we don't want to leave anyone important out.

We were originally thinking October would be nice, since Fall in New England is absolutely beautiful, but once we started making choices (I bought my dress, picked out the ceremony and reception venues, etc.) we realized we'd rather do it sooner than later, so we picked May 23rd:)

Our colors are red & gold, and our theme is romantic/Italian.

• Options

I am a pre-school teacher.

Eggnog lattes...and they're almost gone!

How old are you?

Sacramento, CA

FI's SIL asked me to look after her 3-year old at the vow renewal for she and FI's brother (he was a student of mine). I made $200 and met my FH (little boy's uncle)! Best. Babysitting. Job. Ever.

Do you have any pets?

We have a stuffed pink hippo FI has named "Hugoleta" (he is soooo not in charge of naming the children!). Our apt. doesn't allow animals, but there is an Apartment Complex Kitty we call Grey Kitty. 

Moderately obsessed with Buffalo Wild Wings right now.

It's hard to pick a favorite! I do get really excited about how I'll spend the day(s) with my BMs, and how the guests will enjoy the day. I'm not enjoying the ticking clock!

Originally wanted March wedding, but also wanted a year to plan the wedding and get myself in shape. Chose April 26 for the reception site, but the church wasn't available. So the following weekend was available for both locations. Originally wanted to avoid May, because my birthday is the 20th, but the weather should be nice, and we have been able to get a lot of vendors we wanted since it's not too late.

We are doing a palette of Coral, Kiwi green, blush, ivory, grey. There will likely be touches of copper, antiqued silver, and mercury.

Our theme is Vintage Modern.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What do you do?

My FI and I are both firefighters.

Favorite beverage?

Mocha chip frappe with extra espresso!

How old are you?

23 (until February!)

Just moved from Texas to Missouri.

We met in college.

Do you have any pets?

A black American bulldog

What's your favorite food?

Chocolate covered strawberries and pomegranates

What's your favorite / least favorite thing to plan for the wedding so far?

Wedding dress shopping and least favorite would probably be creating guest lists. Most of our friends and family can't or won't come because they live so far away, but if they don't receive invitations they will be very upset.

How did you pick your date?

May 19, 2014 just worked out to be the best option to avoid holidays and graduations while allowing traveling guests time to get in and recoop before the wedding.

What are your wedding colors and theme?

Our colors are hot pink and turquoise blue. No set theme really.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards