Registry and Gift Forum

Gifts for readers?

Do we need to buy gifts for our readers as well as our attendants, or just give them flowers?

Re: Gifts for readers?

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    You can if you want; if I was a reader, though, I wouldn't expect anything.
  • We didn't buy your readers gifts, but we bought them boutonnieres for the day of, invited them to the RD (even though they didn't need to attend the rehearsal - their role was self-explanatory). and put their names in the programs. We included a thank you in the thank you note for their gifts.
    *********************************************************************************

• Our readers were close friends so we got them gifts that were nearly on par with the bridal party gifts.  They also came to the rehearsal and dinner.  Instead of corsages we gave them a stem flower so they could take it home and put it in a bud vase later if they wanted (and also to save a couple bucks on flowers).

At a minimum a nice thank you note will do.

• I've been a reader in 3 weddings.  I was always at the rehearsal, I needed to know when I was to get up, where to stand, where to sit, when to return to my seat.  I was then at all 3 rehearsal dinners.  For the first wedding the bride sold Mary Kay and put together a Mary Kay gift set for me.  Since I used Mary Kay at the time it was great.  The second one gave me Bath and Body Works stuff.  We were very close friends and former roommates so she knew what to get me.  The third one gave me a Starbucks gift card.  Also a close friend and former roommate so she knew it was a good gift.  I was never given flowers to wear at any of those weddings.

For my wedding I had two readers.  The attended the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.  They both received Target gift cards.  They did not get flowers.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We bought ours a bottle of wine
  • You should get a little something.  A token gift is fine, but do something.  We did wine.  
  • We did a box of nice chocolate truffles from a local candy shop for our readers.  They also attended the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards