Louisiana-New Orleans

Elyse Skansi vs Valerie Gernhauser?

Hi Ladies!

I know have been asking a lot of questions about planners, but we have finally narrowed it down to either Elyse Skansi of Tying the Knots or Valerie Gernhauser of Sapphire Events.

Here are my thoughts:  Elyse is an amazing designer - Every time I see one of her "real weddings" I drool.  Her weddings seem warm, thoughtful, well put together aesthetically...  I do get the feeling though that since her passion seems to be design, she is not quite as focused on the business aspect of wedding planning, making her clients' lives easier, negotiating good rates, etc.  I get the impression that she might not work well within a set budget.

Valerie seems to be a great business partner, sets expectations and delivers when she says she will.  It seems like she is more of an advocate for her clients, gets good rates on catering, etc.  Her designs are beautiful, but a bit more rigid and corporate.  

Any thoughts on either of these two ladies?  What do you think is more important in a planner?  A good eye for design or someone who can get down to business?

Thanks so much for your help and input!

Re: Elyse Skansi vs Valerie Gernhauser?

• I ended up working with Elyse and I love working with her so far!  It was a really tough decision bc they both have great reputations with both brides and local vendors.

Elyse has been organized, knowledgable, and seems to be just as excited about our wedding as we are!  She's such a pleasure to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards