January 2014 Weddings
Options

Is anyone else stressed out?

7 week to go and all the stress just hit me. I'm over it. This is supossed to be relaxing and it's not. I need to figure out the flowers, songs, and honeymoon. I spent yesterday and today searching for honeymoon hotels and I just don't want to spend a ton of money!

Re: Is anyone else stressed out?

• Options
    It comes and goes. Some days I feel like I am behind, but some days I feel relaxed and enjoy it. I am finishing up the songs with my DJ next week, I am getting my second dress fitting tomorrow, I need to make my favors (putting m&ms into favor bags), book a hotel for the night before our cruise leaves, and several other little details. I have most the big stuff done. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

I hear you! I am stressed most of the time but that's because I didn't allow myself a longer engagement (5.5 months).

I'm mostly stressed about the clock ticking too fast and I feel like there are so many little things to do amongst the upcoming holidays...which also means money is extra tight!

I think it's time for a massage and some wine for all of us and enjoy the ride!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am stressing too... the closer it gets, the more it feels like all those little details will be overlooked. I keep telling myself that if we chose to do nothing else before the day of the wedding, we would still have a great day. The vows are the most important.
    Excitement definitely trumps the stress ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I think that there is a major disconnect with how things are in reality and how society says that they should be.  Everyone kept telling me that this was going to be so amazing and I was going to have so much fun.  In reality, wedding planning had been stressful and extremely depressing at times.  So you are definitely not alone!  In two months, it will be the wedding day and I don't have to plan another wedding every again.

• Options
    Exactly, I keep reminding myself that same thing. I won't have to do this again! 
  • Options
    I have not been sleeping well with all the stress, without only one month to go and most of the big stuff done I still feel stress. It's even hard to focus at work. 
  • Options
    I'm so glad one of you said we only have to do this once. I keep saying that over and over and it helps!
  • Options
    I've had a few stressful moments this week, but no meltdowns.  I just had to grapple with going over budget for the ceremony decor (that I woefully under budgeted for) to get something that I wanted and would add to the look and feel.  

We have the money in a different savings account, I was just being too cheap to pay for it.  Once I gave myself permission it hasn't been so bad.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I hear you @AprilH81 - there are a few things that I hadn't even thought of that suddenly popped up for our budget and put us way over.  Fortunately so far it is not decor - I am actually doing the centerpieces for really cheap by using a few things that we already have.  But I may have under budgeted . . . we will see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards