Second Weddings
Options

I have such a sweetie

This is my second wedding, his first.  My grandmother is no longer with us, but was at my first wedding.  She meant the world to me.  She actually bought my wedding china, but the ex and I never used it.   When we moved, he unpacked it and said Babci (my grandmother) just bought us an early engagement gift.  Then I asked him about wearing the same necklace I wore to my first wedding.  Everyone has said no way.  It was hers, my mother wore it on her wedding day, then Babci gave it to me for my first formal, then officially on my 18th birthday.  He said I have to wear it, it will mean she will be with us on our day.  This means the world to me that he understands.

Re: I have such a sweetie

• Options
    That's awesome! Glad you found such a great guy :) and I for one do not believe jewelry carries bad mojo, so I think you should wear it too! GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Wear your necklace with pride. Babci would have wanted it that way. 

Use your china! Babci didn't buy it for it to sit in boxes or a china hutch.  Celebrate your first month of wedded bliss with a special dinner served on your china. Use it for all the special occasions in your life. 
  • Options

Thanks guys!   I agree, but I love that he is so comfortable with it!

• Options
    Babci gave you those things to share with your husband.  Obviously #1 wasn't the right one, thus the china never got used.  You and your Fi should enjoy using it and think fondly of her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards